TB50 unexpected charging problem
4238 10 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

Hi there.

I am facing now very strange problem after flight. Exactly I flew Matrice 210 with TB50-s (2x). Everything was ok - no problems occurred. Flew until i had about 10-15% remaining and landed it. Put them away and took new combo. After flew I was ready to charge them, but now the Matrice 210 Charger hub shows me solid RED. Batterys indicator shows me 1 blinking white light. Long press i got 1st and 4th indicator flash for sec and thats all. And this happened to both TB50 that i used before for flight. Ok - i let them stand in "room warm" temperature for about 4-6h and still nothing. These batterys wont be able to turn on my matrice 210 at all. Batterys are barely new (about 10-15 charging count). I have tried another wall AC socket and so on. I havent shocked batteries and so on. Am i able to somehow reset them or anyone have any advice how to get them alive again...I have always used batteries like that with Mavic, Phantoms and so on - so far 0 problems. AGAIN REALLY DISAPPOINTED IN DJI "PRO SERIES" PRODUCTS..

I am ready for any good advice.
2018-1-27
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Things are getting broken, my friend. Demand replacement, that's all.
2018-1-27
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

I always learned that you have to land before the lipo reaches 20% remaining, otherwise the lipo starts to build up gases. You can try to let it on the charging hub for some time. Otherwise, some weeks ago there was an update for the batterys. After the update, you had to put them away for 90 minutes. So maybe you have to wait 90 minutes before charging.
2018-1-27
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

on tb55, it took more than 90 minutes to balance the cells, then they still did not work on the drone, I had to redo a charge cycle and then all was ok
2018-1-27
Use props
Eurokyngas
lvl.2
Estonia

Zuidwestdrones Posted at 2018-1-27 16:00
I always learned that you have to land before the lipo reaches 20% remaining, otherwise the lipo starts to build up gases. You can try to let it on the charging hub for some time. Otherwise, some weeks ago there was an update for the batterys. After the update, you had to put them away for 90 minutes. So maybe you have to wait 90 minutes before charging.

I have tried to update them and put them away for that time. Still nothing.

Is there option that i start drone with tb55 and secondary is my "dead" tb50. Will Tb55 somehow balance that or revives it when its on working drone?

Does someone know what is the cell voltage limit that below the hub wont start charging. I try to figure out what are voltages of cells in these batteries.
2018-1-28
Use props
broadlandboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1654222 ft
United States

Don't think you can mix 50's with 55's. Both batteries need to be same model
2018-1-28
Use props
Zuidwestdrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276604 ft
Belgium

Eurokyngas Posted at 2018-1-28 00:43
I have tried to update them and put them away for that time. Still nothing.

Is there option that i start drone with tb55 and secondary is my "dead" tb50. Will Tb55 somehow balance that or revives it when its on working drone?

I doubt this is a good solution. They have a different capacity and energy. Be carefull when trying this.
2018-1-28
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Excuse me, I do not say to mix the types of batteries, I simply indicated that on a pair of tb55, I had to proceed with a recharge after 90 minutes of waiting
2018-1-28
Use props
daev1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a TB50 show battery cell error after 15 cycles a few months back. Ask for help with phone support. Was told to drain the batteries to 5% and recharge to see if the problem cleared. No luck so I called back and they were surprisingly helpful at replacing the battery. Suspiciously a month later I received the same battery cell error on one battery of a different pair. I tried the same troubleshooting steps DJI recommended with no success then called in. The person in tech support didn't try any other steps to help then transferred me to someone to request replacement. The person took the serial number for lookup and talked forever before almost laughing at me and saying I should just buy a new battery. That pair was at 20 cycles. Be aware there is only a 6 month warranty on batteries. Even if you never used it. My Inspire 1 6 batteries all made it to 3 years old and still work great. I think the TB50 problem I have is a firmware or pairing issue but DJI won't help.
2018-1-29
Use props
ukaleq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1303780 ft
Germany

Gosh and a pair of batteries costs like $500...
2018-1-29
Use props
daev1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12263747 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered a replacement Tuesday and it will arrive Thursday. At least DJI has free 2 day shipping and I had $10 credit. As a precaution one thing I will not do anymore is hot swap batteries. Instead I will always shut down to change the set.
2018-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules