Gimbal and camera not levelling at full dji tilt
3054 12 2014-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
philneedes
New

Australia

The camera seems to stabilise horizontally only at very slow flying speeds, but when the dji tilts and flies at speed the camera can't adjust, is there a maximum tilt and self levelling of camera?
2014-10-26
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Perhaps your setup is in FPV mode. Check your app and make sure there's no tick at FPV.
2014-10-26
Use props
philneedes
New

Australia

It is in FLV mode. Isn't that what gives me the vision to my phone? Without that I'm struggling, I can't frame my shot.
2014-10-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

philneedes@optu Posted at 2014-10-27 20:24
It is in FLV mode. Isn't that what gives me the vision to my phone? Without that I'm struggling, I c ...

With FPV (first person view) the camera will show the bank of the aircraft and not self level.  You want to turn that off.  You will still see the camera on your phone even if your camera is not recording, but with FPV off, you will see a level picture on your phone.
2014-10-27
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

My V+ has a constant roll, the horizon is sloping a little, no crashes, this has been since day 1, the previous owner havent noticed so i asked him for his first videos, voila, there it was

And he cant find his reciept and i have talked to dji i germany, they wont take it on warranty without it.

So if DJI is adding a roll adjust feature to the coming phantom (speculations says that), and not fix it first with this one, i will sell it and buy a walkera H500 F12, there you can adjust directly on the controller, really smart, and cheaper spares too, not 200+ dollar for a cable that costs 12.
2014-10-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-10-28 05:10
My V+ has a constant roll, the horizon is sloping a little, no crashes, this has been since day 1, t ...

I also had the same problem.  I researched the tilt and came up with this.

I made the repair in about 15 minutes and was up and flying the next day with a perfectly level picture.  I hope this helps and happy flying.

Gerry
2014-10-27
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2

Croatia

Yeah i have seen that fix, but i dont want to loosen up the fit of the axel, its sitting there now snug and nice.
And i have looked at the D shape level thingy when i set the camera straight, and its a itty bitty small failure, so it will be hard to fix it on the first time, so when im ready my snug fit is now a bearcave and it will loosen the axis all the time, thats my speculation.

So if other brands have ha physical lever for this, and dji cant even fix it in sw. Im done.I can tilt in sw, so why not roll? *scratches me head*
2014-10-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-10-28 06:09
Yeah i have seen that fix, but i dont want to loosen up the fit of the axel, its sitting there now s ...

It was probably landed a little hard by the previous owner.  I landed hard once and it knocked it about 20 % off level.  Turning it to straighten the flat D spot to regain level will NOT make it into a "bearcave".  It stays tight, but the locktite on the back as in the video will prevent it from turning again.
2014-10-27
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2

Croatia

So do you just try to turn it where it sits? When applying turning force, when it loosens, will it not pop?
So i get a correction that is bigger thay my fault i mean.
Or will it turn gently? And for applying loctite successfully, the axis need to be out of the hole, no meaning to place it on top when everything is fitted.
2014-10-27
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

robbin.bergqvis Posted at 2014-10-28 13:27
So do you just try to turn it where it sits? When applying turning force, when it loosens, will it n ...

The shaft will turn with just a little pressure.  Just make (minor adjustments to it and then eyeball the flat spot to see if it looks level.  Put it back together, power it all on and check the camera looking at something, like a counter, that is level.  If it is, just put a small drop on the backside of where the shaft comes through the housing and let it setup.  Mine was about 30 % off, and after a few adjustments, it is perfectly level now.  Use the locktite they suggested and follow the instructions.  Mine works great now.
2014-10-28
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-10-28 16:38
The shaft will turn with just a little pressure.  Just make (minor adjustments to it and then eyeb ...

I hope this pic shows up.  It was in a stationary mode before the fix.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6 ... B998%211033&v=3

This second one is the video I got the picture from.  You can see the massive tilt I was having to work with.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=6 ... B998%211012&v=3
2014-10-28
Use props
philneedes
New

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2014-10-27 20:30
With FPV (first person view) the camera will show the bank of the aircraft and not self level.  Yo ...

When i had the fpv turned off, all i saw was a freeze frame from a previous recording, so i enabled the fpv and it came good, but there's this tilt thats too exaggerated. Reading on, it seems you guys are taking your gimbal apart and gluing stuff back together and thats all whole 'nother ballgame!
2014-10-29
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Did you see the photo I posted?  Is your view looking the same, a pronounced tilt through the camera?  If it is, then watch the video.  It just needs the shaft turned just a minor bit until the flat spot looks level again.  Follow the instructions in the video and your tilt problem will be resolved.  It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
2014-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules