Android DJI GO 4.2.4 Minor Flaws
996 9 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Hey there,

I was able to test the new version (4.2.4) of DJI GO for Android. I tested it on my Huawei P9. I did not find any mistakes besides the fact that the sound notice for the homepoint does not work. I still don't know if my homepoint will be set after all, or not?

I have to say the Wifi video transmission is much better than with the version before. I had no video timeouts, only experienced some lags, but I think that is normal and I can live with that, since I never rely on the video alone but have VLOS all the time I'm in the air.

I also tested the OTG compatibility with 4.2.4. Same problem, all the information does not show up. Instead it say N/A. But as far as I have read, DJI is working on implementing the feature for Android soonish.

regards,
peselito

2018-1-27
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Also: is there any way on how to check if my Homepoint is actually registered if the app does not specifically say so?
2018-1-27
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

peselito Posted at 2018-1-27 13:09
Also: is there any way on how to check if my Homepoint is actually registered if the app does not specifically say so?

Yes, check the map for a homepoint (H) icon that is in the correct location.
2018-1-27
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the reply on the homepoint!

Another flaw I just realized is that the Offline Map feature is missing in 4.2.4. This is very unfortunate in my opinion, as I am using an "offline" phone without an activated sim card to fly my drone. So I do not have the chance to download the maps for my flights.

I would appreciate a status on when this feature will be back as it was implemented in 4.1.15
2018-1-27
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

peselito Posted at 2018-1-27 13:41
Thanks for the reply on the homepoint!

Another flaw I just realized is that the Offline Map feature is missing in 4.2.4. This is very unfortunate in my opinion, as I am using an "offline" phone without an activated sim card to fly my drone. So I do not have the chance to download the maps for my flights.

same here - just flew today and while i did notice there had been an update (prompted me through a tutorial when i fired up app), it wasn't until i was off and flying that i noticed i had no map. maybe there is a setting we will have to set?
2018-1-27
Use props
peselito
lvl.2
United States

Solestacz Posted at 2018-1-27 13:45
same here - just flew today and while i did notice there had been an update (prompted me through a tutorial when i fired up app), it wasn't until i was off and flying that i noticed i had no map. maybe there is a setting we will have to set?

I read about the option to download the map data via the Google Maps app on Android. So you download the offline data for a specific region you choose (in my case state of Massachusetts). I cannot confirm if it works just yet. I have to test it out tomorrow.

I will also test out flying with the newest version on iOS with OTG support.
2018-1-27
Use props
Solestacz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 489193 ft
United States

peselito Posted at 2018-1-27 15:00
I read about the option to download the map data via the Google Maps app on Android. So you download the offline data for a specific region you choose (in my case state of Massachusetts). I cannot confirm if it works just yet. I have to test it out tomorrow.

I will also test out flying with the newest version on iOS with OTG support.

thanks! i will do the same.  no doubt, you'll have no issues on ios, because __________. lol!
2018-1-27
Use props
FineBrian224
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19902 ft
United States

Can any one explain why I still have to turn of 4G mobile data when connect to the RC's wifi?
2018-1-27
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Homepoint is set when rear indicators give six fast green flashes. Slow single flashes denote GPS mode, and slow double flashes sport mode. Slow yellow atti mode, and alternate yell/red compass calibration required. Works for me.
2018-1-27
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I tested 4.2.4 android, lost connection on samsung A5(2017) and asus K007 tablet @ 150 mtr , NO OTG!! support.
Back again to 4.1.15 pffff
2018-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules