Crystalsky Video Cache To SD Card
4536 9 2018-1-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Pilot1
New

United States

So I just paid $469 USD for the 32GB CS 5.5” Monitor with two SD slots that I filled with two 64GB SD Cards (Same as I use in my Mavic). My question is:

How is it possible to cache my recording footage directly to one or both of the installed SD cards instead of it's internal memory?

When I first started the CS, it did have the option to “Store cached files onto SD” but every time, I followed the step by step instructions, it kept telling me to do it again, now I no longer even see that option anymore :-(

Is what I'm asking even possible? (I can do this on my Galaxsy)
What did or am I doing wrong here? or do I need to return this and buy an iPad Mini?

2018-1-27
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

It is not possible to write directly to the sd cards in the CS.

You can only Move files to these from the internal memory  ( very poor design IMO )
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Pilot1
New

United States

So essentially, those of us whom shelled out over $470+ in return gets a DJI branded monitor that:

A. It’s GoApp does not support Panos
B. Cannot cache video/pics to SD Cards
C. It’s GoApp does not support the new Mavic Air
D. Does not have the latest App versions as 3rd party iOS/Android Apps
E. Does not come with battery charger (sold separately)

Oh and,

F. The screen locked up once while inflight, had to reboot.

PLEASE, for the love of God DJI give your loyal fans who purchased your Flagship monitors SOMETHING!!  Perhaps:

• Faster and easier GoApp updates?
• The ability to directly cache videos/pictures/audio to the SD Cards?
• Charger for those buying in the future?
• Credit for those of us who had to purchase a charger separately?
• Extended warranty for us first generation buyers for having to suffer from the lack of capabilities of your flagship monitor?
• Free screen cover such as the PolarPro Crystalsky Screen Cover?

Oh and yes, Kudos for the 1000 nit brightness, but would it be too much to ask if the 5.5” can have 2,000 nits?

2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Bryan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1637372 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Pilot1 Posted at 2018-1-28 05:46
So essentially, those of us whom shelled out over $470+ in return gets a DJI branded monitor that:

A. It’s GoApp does not support Panos

I think you're right. I recently purchased the CS 7.85 (USD 845.00), the picture is perfect.
But the possibilities of the SD cards and the Software is very poor. And indeed there is no
battery charger.

Think that DJI has to come up with updates for the CS very soon.
2018-1-28
Use props
fans2ee5f604
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412274 ft
Hong Kong

Can't agree more!!!!!!!!!
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Crystalsky doesn't support cache videos to the external SD card. And the apps on the CS is not the same as the regular Android version, it is the optimized version. Our engineers are also do the job to fasten the update speed, as now the apps do not need to wait for the whole firmware update of the CS. We hope more functions with a faster speed will be available for the CS. Thank you for your attention.
2018-1-28
Use props
Beej11
lvl.2
Flight distance : 389239 ft
United States

Unbelievable that CrystalSky won’t cache directly to the SD card. Can you fix this DJI? I bought the Ultra for $899 but the internal storage isn’t enough to fly a DroneBase mission. Disappointed!
2018-6-3
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

It is very disappointing that you can not save directly to one of the SD cards......
2018-6-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-6-11 15:24
It is very disappointing that you can not save directly to one of the SD cards......

Which brings up question: What are two microSD card slots really good for?

There is no speed reason for CrystalSky not to write videos to microSD card slot.
There is a good speed reason for CrystalSky to write videos to microSD card slot, being it frees up vital memory for buffering and caching needed by Android OS and GO-4 app.
2018-6-12
Use props
djiuser_e2Pllf8UgD1j
lvl.1

Belgium

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-1-28 02:15
It is not possible to write directly to the sd cards in the CS.

You can only Move files to these from the internal memory  ( very poor design IMO )

Hello Anthony,
can you explain how to move files from internal memory to SD card ?
thank,
Fabrice
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules