Video lag, black or green bars
1517 11 2018-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware on the mini iPad and now I get video lag and black or green bars across the screen. Anyone have a cure?
2018-1-28
Use props
fans331bfa23
New
Flight distance : 58064 ft
United States

Same issue with video lag, not seeing the black or green bars yet?  I never had the lag last time I used the drone.  Only difference is that I updated to the latest DJI app which prompted for the latest firmware updated.  Which by the way completed with no issues.  I use a mini 2 that it’s sole purpose is for the drone.  This seems to be an on going topic with no real solution.  I will be trying other diagnostic methods tomorrow, i.e. iPhones vs mini, settings in the app, settings on the mini etc. before I decide to find a way and down grade to the previous version.  Always look forward to new insight or observations.  
2018-1-28
Use props
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

fans331bfa23 Posted at 2018-1-28 20:48
Same issue with video lag, not seeing the black or green bars yet?  I never had the lag last time I used the drone.  Only difference is that I updated to the latest DJI app which prompted for the latest firmware updated.  Which by the way completed with no issues.  I use a mini 2 that it’s sole purpose is for the drone.  This seems to be an on going topic with no real solution.  I will be trying other diagnostic methods tomorrow, i.e. iPhones vs mini, settings in the app, settings on the mini etc. before I decide to find a way and down grade to the previous version.  Always look forward to new insight or observations.

Please let us know if you find a solution. I too use the mini pad only for the Phantom 3P.
2018-1-29
Use props
Gori
New

Montenegro

I have this problem when i hit record button.
When flying and thakeing pictures is fine.

Do you know what to do?
2018-1-29
Use props
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

Gori Posted at 2018-1-29 09:40
I have this problem when i hit record button.
When flying and thakeing pictures is fine.
[view_image]

It is just showing you it is too bright in that area.  I don't believe it is on the video when you review it.
2018-1-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Hayden Posted at 2018-1-29 16:29
It is just showing you it is too bright in that area.  I don't believe it is on the video when you review it.

Sorry, but that is incorrect, it is a camera fault as shown in that screen grab. What you are referring to is the over-exposure zebra stripes, and they don't look like that grab. They are heavier and at a 45 degree angle.
2018-1-29
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

"I updated the firmware on the mini iPad and now I get video lag and black or green bars across the screen. Anyone have a cure?"

Do you mean to say that you have updated the DJI GO app on your tablet? What you might try is this, turn on your tablet DJI GO app and connect to the aircraft. Touch the "quad" icon at the top left corner of the app display on your tablet. When the next page opens, go down the left side margin to the "..." icon and touch. When the next page opens, go down about half the page "Cache Locally When Recording" and slide to off position. Now all recording will be on the aircraft sd card and not be recorded locally onto your tablet. This should free up some of the tablet TX workload and perhaps some of the video lagging.

2018-1-29
Use props
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

Air/America Posted at 2018-1-29 17:00
"I updated the firmware on the mini iPad and now I get video lag and black or green bars across the screen. Anyone have a cure?"

I am unable to do that. I update the DJI GO app and now cannot connect to the aircraft.  Controller light is green so it is connected, I have no video signal apparently.
2018-1-29
Use props
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

DJI Support says the issue I am having is because the DJI Go App is not compatible to the newest ios firmware up date, 11.2.5 They hope to have that resolved soon.
2018-1-30
Use props
djiuser_1N0EJ74Ci76U
New

Colombia

remember, Nov 2018 and the lags continue, DJI just sale drones, not solve problems,

And each Actualization worse and worse.  .
2018-11-1
Use props
NT.Thunder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 223301 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This is really creating issues for me.

I've been mapping for a couple of months now and the lag is such an annoyance. It's hot here, like 35 degrees Celsius, high humidity coming into the raining season and today I went through 2 iPads to get 1200 image mapping completed.

Can anyone provide any assistance or even an acknowledgement that DJI are even looking at this?

The processor on the iPad mini must be working its ass off but if I keep going with mapping work I'll be looking at another drone whether it be Falcon or MD but for love of god the Go4 app just kills the ipads.
2018-11-5
Use props
Hayden
lvl.1
United States

Still having green or black bars and video lag. mini iPad getting hot. Any solutions?  
2019-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules