Naza-M Lite Failsafe Question
5981 8 2014-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davegbecker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2265568 ft
United States

I have a switch on my TX that puts the naza into failsafe... sort of a return to home failsafe. So last night I wanted to test it out.. put it into failsafe with the switch, everything works fine the quad comes back and hovers above its home spot. Before it started to decend I flipped the switch to take it out of failsafe and into gps mode so I could land it myself. The light was flashing yellow as it should, flipped the switch and it slowly flashed green as it would in gps mode but I didnt have any control over the quad. It just landed as if I didnt flip the swtich to get it out of failsafe. When I go into the controller on my computer it shows it going in and out of failsafe in every mode it just didnt do it when I was flying.

My question... Can you take the naza out of failsafe mode if you wanted to land it yourself? I was trying to go from gps mode to failsafe back to gps mode.
2014-10-27
Use props
Eirlink
lvl.4

Ireland

test the failsafe by letting it land. then you will be reassured it works. you may have had timing issues flicking the switch.
what radio have you ? as you cant assign failsafe in the dropdown on naza lite, so im guessing youve set up a mix somewhere?
2014-10-27
Use props
davegbecker
lvl.2
United States

Eirlink Posted at 2014-10-27 20:50
test the failsafe by letting it land. then you will be reassured it works. you may have had timing i ...

I have a dx7, had a 350 qx and it had a return to home switch so I set up this the same. It is on the flap switch. The weird thing was when I flipped the switch back the light on the quad flashed as it would in gps mode but I had no control over it. It landed fine and wasnt a problem. Just wondered if it was possibly to get it out of failsafe and regain control
2014-10-27
Use props
DJI-Blair
lvl.2

China

Hi Dave,
Do you have any video for this issue?
When you try to regain the control, please flip the swtich to GPS and then to attitude mode to have a try.
2014-10-27
Use props
davegbecker
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Blair Posted at 2014-10-28 13:49
Hi Dave,
Do you have any video for this issue?
When you try to regain the control, please flip the s ...

I don't have a video, I will try to switch flight modes and see if that works.
2014-10-28
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once you trigger failsafe you have to go out of the current flight mode and then back into it. So if you were flying in GPS and triggered failsafe via a mix, you have to take it out of failsafe, then change the flight mode to ATTI. You can go immediately back into GPS but the key is, you need to change the flight mode before you have full control back after a RTH command.
2014-10-29
Use props
davegbecker
lvl.2
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-10-29 23:14
Once you trigger failsafe you have to go out of the current flight mode and then back into it. So if ...

thanks for the help! I will try that! I also have another question.. I posted in another part of the forum but figured it wouldnt hurt here..... i have a 450, I was running a 3s 2200 battery and getting about 8-9 min out of the battery before the red light came on. Today I got a new 3s 4000 battery and got about 9 min out of it. I didnt think the weight was that much of an issue? Also I read somewhere you need to break in a lipo? Also when I charged it, it only put a little over 2000 back into the battery? Do I need to do something to break in the battery? Or should I get a lighter battery?
2014-10-30
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like it's sagging a bit.. each battery manufacture will be a little different. What are your low voltage settings set at?
2014-11-4
Use props
fansbabe5116
New

India

I am using Naza M Lite everything is okay except when i put it on failsafe by turning off the transmitter the drone came to the home point perfectly and before landing at above 4 feet height the drone flip upside down and the motors continously spin . Every time the same thing happens please help me DJI please. I am from India and did'nt know english properly sorry
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules