Downloaded video failure
2208 8 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to bring another problem to the table but has anyone else got the problem where by, when you download any video using the app to your phone it can no longer play and says video corrupted?
I have Samsung Galaxy S8 and now have to use another app to convert the video file to an MP4 or i cannot watch it edit it or use it all.

Any help or advice would be great
2018-1-29
Use props
scruffs dad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1071604 ft
United Kingdom

not had that problem but i have a problem downloading original from spark to iPhone, starts downloading then stops. did notice that the RC disconnects just before the download fails
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_xllN2mulXx2S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yup same problem on S7 edge. Problem started with the .700 firmware. I started a thread about it but forgot to follow it up.  I was able get around it by syncing the downloaded file with Google Photos then downloading it from there. Whatever photos does to it makes it work again! Although there will probably be some loss of detail but good enough for me as i generally use the videos on social media.
I had a look at the files from .6xx firmware and seemed like the .700 firmware uses different encoder which doesn't work wuth samsungs.  
2018-1-29
Use props
djiuser_xllN2mulXx2S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This was my previous thread
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=118760&page=2&mobile=2#pid1035539
2018-1-29
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_xllN2mulXx2S Posted at 2018-1-29 11:37
Yup same problem on S7 edge. Problem started with the .700 firmware. I started a thread about it but forgot to follow it up.  I was able get around it by syncing the downloaded file with Google Photos then downloading it from there. Whatever photos does to it makes it work again! Although there will probably be some loss of detail but good enough for me as i generally use the videos on social media.
I had a look at the files from .6xx firmware and seemed like the .700 firmware uses different encoder which doesn't work wuth samsungs.

Oh ok, well we are well and truly on the same page but one of us more informed (you) thats exactly it. I mean i only really social media mine to be fair but its a pain in the arse now and takes twice the time! DJI really don't like Samsungs do they. I've come close to buying an iphone JUST for DJI GO 4 but that just seems such a waste of money
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

WilfredFireSteel 8 Posted at 2018-1-30 02:15
Oh ok, well we are well and truly on the same page but one of us more informed (you) thats exactly it. I mean i only really social media mine to be fair but its a pain in the arse now and takes twice the time! DJI really don't like Samsungs do they. I've come close to buying an iphone JUST for DJI GO 4 but that just seems such a waste of money

Sir, please tell me the version of your app and upload the original video to dropbox. Then post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-31
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Malaysia

I believe there are two files, one stored on the device under the DJI Go 4 app and another copy on the AC SD card itself. You can try to remove the SD card from the AC and view on your laptop/PC directly to check if it is viewable.
I am using an android 8 device with 6GB RAM and 128GB memory, I can view the device video files on the device itself while the AC SD card I can view using an OTG adaptor.
2018-1-31
Use props
WilfredFireSteel 8
Second Officer
United Kingdom

rimza Posted at 2018-1-31 02:09
I believe there are two files, one stored on the device under the DJI Go 4 app and another copy on the AC SD card itself. You can try to remove the SD card from the AC and view on your laptop/PC directly to check if it is viewable.
I am using an android 8 device with 6GB RAM and 128GB memory, I can view the device video files on the device itself while the AC SD card I can view using an OTG adaptor.

good call i'll just have to do it the slow way then by the looks of it¬! I'll try just putting the SD straight into my phone that should work........
2018-2-2
Use props
djiuser_xllN2mulXx2S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It didn't for me! AC file works fine in PC but for some reason doesn't work on  my S7 - i think because of how it's encoded.
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules