Mavic AIR | How do I transfer 4k video files from SD Card?
23210 25 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJILV
New

Panama

Mavic AIR,How do I transfer 4k video files from SD Card? Pretty much the title explains it
2018-1-29
Use props
AIister
lvl.4
Flight distance : 626647 ft
Canada

first, you grab the manual and read it...
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I assume it's the same with all other DJI drones - put the SD card into an adapter and insert it into your PC for transfer.

And Alister, there isn't a manual out yet - just a Getting Started Guide.
2018-1-29
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

if you saved your video directly in 8Gb internal storage of the Mavic Air then export your video through USB type C port.
2018-1-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

hungdang Posted at 2018-1-29 18:12
if you saved your video directly in 8Gb internal storage of the Mavic Air then export your video through USB type C port.

Oops, good point - forgot about the 8Gb local. So, the PC would then see the Air as another USB storage device, I assume.
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Hungdang replied on 4#, you can access the files by connecting the drone and PC via the type-C cable that came with the drone if the files are saved locally. Hope it helps.
2018-1-29
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-29 18:20
Oops, good point - forgot about the 8Gb local. So, the PC would then see the Air as another USB storage device, I assume.

As is it does for the SD card.
2018-1-29
Use props
fans574e81ad
New

United Kingdom

When I take the sd card out of my Mavic Air and put it directly into my mac I get a message to say the card isn't supported. If I plug the Mavic Air into the mac I can read the card but I'm a bit stuck while the battery is charging
2018-2-2
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fans574e81ad Posted at 2018-2-2 10:14
When I take the sd card out of my Mavic Air and put it directly into my mac I get a message to say the card isn't supported. If I plug the Mavic Air into the mac I can read the card but I'm a bit stuck while the battery is charging

That doesn't seem right, MacOS has been able to read FAT32 drives for, what, forever? Can you post a screengrab of the Mac error alert?
2018-2-2
Use props
fans574e81ad
New

United Kingdom

Got the message a bit wrong, I've tried it in my girlfriend's MacBook and that gives the same message
2018-2-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans574e81ad Posted at 2018-2-2 13:09
[view_image]

Got the message a bit wrong, I've tried it in my girlfriend's MacBook and that gives the same message

Did you format the card in the drone before recording? What micro sd card were you using?
2018-2-2
Use props
CSMelzer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182808 ft
United States

and make sure your mavic air is powered on!
2018-2-2
Use props
fans574e81ad
New

United Kingdom

When I first put the SD card in the Mavic (Sandisk 64gb Extreme Plus) is said that I needed to format the card, which I did in the the drone. I've just tried formatting the SD card in my mac as Fat-32 and that seems to have solved the problem, the card now works in both the Magic Air and the mac.
2018-2-2
Use props
fansf91451e6
lvl.1
United States

I'm trying to do this, but the Mavic doesn't seem to be registering on my computer. Does it need to be turned on?
2018-2-3
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

fansf91451e6 Posted at 2018-2-3 14:30
I'm trying to do this, but the Mavic doesn't seem to be registering on my computer. Does it need to be turned on?

Pretty sure it does.
2018-2-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

My computer does not see the SDC or the internal storage. Neither one. Of course Bird is switched on. When plugging in or unplugging USB cord computer makes a sound but does not recognize it. I have no problem connecting to DJI assistant. Just can't access the files. I also tried another computer with same results.
Sure, I can remove the SDC which is VERY difficult, but what about the internal storage? Useless if it can't be accessed.

Come on DJI..... FW update to fix this?
Update also needed to I can use my Crystalsky that I paid so much for and waited 27 weeks to get.

2018-2-4
Use props
Studio2012
New
United States

Hi there,

I am having the same issue. I formatted the card inside the mavic but getting the same error when I load the card directly into my iMac. I have footage on the card that I need so can't format the card on the mac like the person above. Any ideas?

Thanks
2018-2-5
Use props
Daniel Caricaburu
New

United States

I had same issue. I had to load it over usb c while the Air was powered on via battery. Very annoying if you ask me. I have a mac book pro.
2018-2-8
Use props
fans8b1e5f3e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 133855 ft
Poland

fans574e81ad Posted at 2018-2-2 14:24
When I first put the SD card in the Mavic (Sandisk 64gb Extreme Plus) is said that I needed to format the card, which I did in the the drone. I've just tried formatting the SD card in my mac as Fat-32 and that seems to have solved the problem, the card now works in both the Magic Air and the mac.

Well that is not a perfect solution either. Did you try to record some video on that card? Fat32 file system is unable to save files bigger than 4 Gb so it will be hard to record longer video...

I have the same issue, after formatting on Mac to exFat Mavic tells me that its recommended to reformat it - after that Mac is no longer recognizing the card.

Also, do you guys can see previews of DNG files on Mac? Im not seeing any thumbnails, space is not showing anything either. Fortunately Lightroom is opening those RAWs without any issues.

Whats interesting is that iPad Mini 3 recognizes sd card and can import them, but is not showing thumbnails, and even Lightroom Mobile cannot open those DNGs. It shows video thumbnail although its unable to play it.

2018-2-8
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2018-1-29 17:54
I assume it's the same with all other DJI drones - put the SD card into an adapter and insert it into your PC for transfer.

And Alister, there isn't a manual out yet - just a Getting Started Guide.

That doesn't work very well with the Air. The SD card is recessed a little and the cover is in the way. My fingers just won't fit in there to grab it. The only way to easily pull it out is with tweezers or needle nose pliers. So, unlike my other drones where I do that, I use a USB-C cable, connect to the PC and copy them off.
2018-2-8
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-8 18:26
That doesn't work very well with the Air. The SD card is recessed a little and the cover is in the way. My fingers just won't fit in there to grab it. The only way to easily pull it out is with tweezers or needle nose pliers. So, unlike my other drones where I do that, I use a USB-C cable, connect to the PC and copy them off.

Nice to know that's easier - thanks. My red one arrives today, so I finally have the joy of finding out what you mean...
2018-2-8
Use props
fansadbe6dac
New
Flight distance : 9557 ft
United States

Is it helpful just to make snarky comments? Does it make you feel better?
2018-3-12
Use props
TexasToon
lvl.1

I had the same problem, I had previously used the same memory card on my Spark, after I put it in my new Mavic Air and formatted it it did the exact same thing when I tried to read the files on my Mac, it seems to be a thing about using the same memory card on two DJI drones and trying to read it on a Mac.
2018-5-13
Use props
aesculus2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69245 ft
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-2-8 18:26
That doesn't work very well with the Air. The SD card is recessed a little and the cover is in the way. My fingers just won't fit in there to grab it. The only way to easily pull it out is with tweezers or needle nose pliers. So, unlike my other drones where I do that, I use a USB-C cable, connect to the PC and copy them off.

I saw a video where a guy put tape over the SD car (except the contacts of course) and then folded it back over to make a tab. The tab hangs out a bit through the door when closed but it makes it much easier to extract the card than trying to use fingers etc.
2018-5-13
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Did you try use SD card reader with PC? I commonly see message about SD card has problem and need scan. Once scanned it’s ok to read.
2018-5-13
Use props
Phil Homer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

No insult intended folks, I really am a newbie here. I had taken the view that a USB lead is a USB lead and failed to connect the Mavic Air to the PC.  Upon using the DJI supplied USB lead, it connected at first attempt. So, just for anyone that had assumed the same as myself, do try the DJI lead - even though I am baffled as to why/how it would be different.

Then again I am also baffled as to why DJI would use two different size USB ports on the drone and controller, thus meaning that an adaptor is required for the supplied lead.  Why not simply make the two ports the same?
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules