New guy here with questions about sending back mavic
1548 14 2018-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

Hello, hoping i could get some info... received my Mavic last week and the gimbal stopped working completely. This unit has never hit the ground nor do i think ever struck anything
Spoke with a rep today about sending the unit in to be looked at and was advised not to send in the props, sim, controller or the battery. Also, how do i go about getting my unit back
And not a refurb, i know my unit has very little time on it and dont want one that may have hit the dirt causing unforeseen issues later,

Another thing, my shipping label was for Grapevine tx ( down the street from me ) is this where it will be worked on or will it be shipped out again ?

I just dropped at the UPS facility today and dont think I received a case #

Any info would be much appreciated, Ive read to many horror stories and hoping my transaction is smooth so
I can write a good one !!

Thanks again !
Rick

2018-1-29
Use props
fansf77370fb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008924 ft
United States

I hade the same problem. I just took it back to Best Buy for a new one. Can’t beet Best Buy. This is why I bought it from Best Buy. If this one goes bad it will go back for another one. I can do this all day. Lol.
2018-1-29
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

fansf77370fb Posted at 2018-1-29 20:05
I hade the same problem. I just took it back to Best Buy for a new one. Can’t beet Best Buy. This is why I bought it from Best Buy. If this one goes bad it will go back for another one. I can do this all day. Lol.

Thanks for the reply, did you buy a warranty through Best Buy ? I am really concerned abut this.. the info
In the refresh contract states that the gimbal could be fixed so I wasn’t to concerned until i started reading lots of bad experiences, i know people vent on these forums and rarley do they give praise!

I dont wat this to drag out for a long time, bought this to take to Idaho next week and dont see that happening. Read page after page of peoples gimbals just stop working and hope it has a fix and not a bandaid.

We will see what happens, just hoping i have a great experience and i will give the praise if so !
2018-1-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rick, sorry to know you are having issues with the new drone, if you have contacted our support and they recommend to send in, there should be a case number that has been created and sent to you, could you please check the spam box? If not, please PM me your email account, I will help to check the case number, thank you.
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 00:02
Hi Rick, sorry to know you are having issues with the new drone, if you have contacted our support and they recommend to send in, there should be a case number that has been created and sent to you, could you please check the spam box? If not, please PM me your email account, I will help to check the case number, thank you.

Hello Mindy - Thank You for taking the time, nothing in my spam, all i recieved was my UPS label unless
I’m missing something,

There is no need to be sorry , I understand how the world turns, i just want my repair process to be smooth and to get my drone back and not a refurb, the contract statesthe the gamble on the mavic can be repaired And that there is a known issue for that problem
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

I found my case number ( CAS-1438686-D1S3Y9 )
Anything you can do to assist in
Me getting MY drone back and not a refurb  would
Much appreciated - looking forward to a smooth
Transaction  and getting this back as quickly as
Possible !

Thanks again
Rick
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 00:02

Welll for some reason i am not able to PM you but my case number is above
I appreciate you wanting to assist me, i did notice today my drone was delivered today
To Grapevine TX, not sure if this is where it will be repaired, hope you can answer that
Question.

Also very concerned about getting a refurbished drone back as mine is brand new, and refurbished can
Be bought much cheaper that what i paid...

I’m hoping this doesn’t come back as a error on my part, if you have access to call logs
I spoke with a rep the day i got this and asked about the gimbal being so loose and a clear
Tape looking thing not being connected before i ever flew it,  this was on 1/26/18 but the rep had no clue and said he was not in the technical dept.

Anyway, if you can help i would appreciate all you can do .....
He wasn’t in the technical department.  
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

Welll for some reason i am not able to PM you ( Mindy )but my case number is above
I appreciate you wanting to assist me, i did notice today my drone was delivered today
To Grapevine TX, not sure if this is where it will be repaired, hope you can answer that
Question.

Also very concerned about getting a refurbished drone back as mine is brand new, and refurbished can
Be bought much cheaper that what i paid...

I’m hoping this doesn’t come back as a error on my part, if you have access to call logs
I spoke with a rep the day i got this and asked about the gimbal being so loose and a clear
Tape looking thing not being connected before i ever flew it,  this was on 1/26/18 but the rep had no clue and said he was not in the technical dept.

Anyway, if you can help i would appreciate all you can do .....
He wasn’t in the technical department.  
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-1-30 18:46
Welll for some reason i am not able to PM you ( Mindy )but my case number is above

Hi Rick, thanks for the clarification, per the UPS trace record, the package has arrived in facility and it is waiting to be checked-in our system, local repair team will evaluate if the defect is caused by product itself and then the email will be sent to you, please wait patiently for the damage assessment firstly. Thank you.
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

You got it, thank You again for taking interest and being quick to get back to me !!
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-1-30 20:29
You got it, thank You again for taking interest and being quick to get back to me !!

You are welcome, please keep us updated if there is any query when you receive the invoice email.
2018-1-30
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

Just a update to my dealing so far with DJI... spoke with a rep on 1/29/18 sent me a UPS shipping label within 10min, same day I shipped magic out and it was recieved on the 30th. Today I go notification via email
from DJI saying they had it in there possession with a note to follow status of repair in one business day. They also noted that I didn't send in battery, remote, sim or props, like the detailed information. I will check the status tomorrow and will see what happens next..... so far this has been a very easy process and don't see that changing!

Need to note as well, Mindy has been very helpful and is quick to respond to concerns with posters. This to me is top quality customer service and I am already seeing this is going to be a very smooth
transaction.

still hoping I get my drone back and not a refurb but time will tell on that...

I will keep this updated as I move through the process....

thanks
Rick
2018-1-31
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

Well another update.... recieved a email stating my unit would be converted under warranty and that
I would recieve a new or a like new mavic ( wanting mine back repaired ) then says to put my case # in
With payment info ?? This has me confused, but also shows to total payment as zero... Mindy if your reading
This can you please tell me if i owe or not?

I have to tell you.... my experience with this process has been nothing short
Or exceptional, absolutley wonderful communication, super fast process
Now if i get MY drone back repaired i will be giving them 5starts, all i can say
Is WOW, thank you DJI and your attention to this matter and I’m already looking
Forward to the inspire 2 with thermal camera .....
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rwbrew3 Posted at 2018-1-31 17:26
Well another update.... recieved a email stating my unit would be converted under warranty and that
I would recieve a new or a like new mavic ( wanting mine back repaired ) then says to put my case # in
With payment info ?? This has me confused, but also shows to total payment as zero... Mindy if your reading

Rick, payment is one necessary step of repair case. For the warranty case, the quotation will be zero, no worries. You can also check the case status from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/support/RepairTrace Hope you can get back the drone soon.
2018-1-31
Use props
Rwbrew3
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Susan, you guys are AWESOME !,
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules