not able to fly past 1000-11000 feet
1345 12 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb739d961
lvl.2
United States

I live in las vegas , is there a lot of interference in a city like this one? I cant get the drone to fly out past 1000 feet, when ever I get to like 1000 or so I get sign lost and hd loss on the controller know matter what way I fly ,east west north south .
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, if you are flying in the urban, flight distance might reduce due to the interference, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area, or choose a channel with less interference. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. Hope it helps.

2018-1-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Thank you for the useful tutorial video.
A note i would like to add to especially new users is this:
During times when sunlight is washing your devise screen out it is common practice to move your body (and rc) around to try reduce or eliminate the light on your screen - this in turn affects the position of the anntenae in relation to your drone and this can result in poor signal quality or signal loss.
TIP : when ever it appears your signal is becoming weak or degraded - immediately go for altitude (if it is safe to do so) this will very often result in proper connection being re-established.
Then reorient your self to ensure that you and your rc are properly lined up facing the position of your drone.
2018-1-31
Use props
seeker_ktf_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 218474 ft
United States

The video is really a good reminder.  If you spend all your time flying FPV, its easy to forget where you are even pointed.  Actually watching your bird from time to time will make alignment is easier.  Also, as BT pointed out, buy a sun hood.  There are many available.  For example, mine is here...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... lpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-1-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2018-1-31 04:39
Thank you for the useful tutorial video.
A note i would like to add to especially new users is this:
During times when sunlight is washing your devise screen out it is common practice to move your body (and rc) around to try reduce or eliminate the light on your screen - this in turn affects the position of the anntenae in relation to your drone and this can result in poor signal quality or signal loss.

Great advice
2018-1-31
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

No reason you should be getting this interference. Nobody is going to mention that? Sounds like you have a broken drone my friend.
2018-1-31
Use props
fansb739d961
lvl.2
United States

I'm going to take it out to an open area today and see how it go's , I did get it to fly over 1700 feet bye flying it much higher than the houses , I flew it to 400 to 430 feet high and I was a lot better but nothing like you guys get and ill take it out to the desert and see , thanks for all the info
2018-1-31
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

Hey a fellow Las Vegan! Whereabouts are you generally flying?
2018-1-31
Use props
fansb739d961
lvl.2
United States

I'm in the north area by the 215 , and VA hospital
2018-1-31
Use props
fansb739d961
lvl.2
United States

well I took in out in an open area and got it up to 15000k feet out, so I guess being in an open area makes a big diffence, and at 15000feet I still hand few bars on the rc and hd
2018-1-31
Use props
Infosmercial
lvl.2

United States

Holy cow that is seriously impressive!

9oDo you know what frequency you were flying at with such short distance? Have you tried manually selecting the different WiFi bands to see which one gives you a better result in congested areas? I have heard different results from different people on this issue. Some saying 2.4 is best and others saying 5.8 works better.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

2.4 usually has better range compared to 5.8. 5.8 can carry more data. 2.4 is more “crowded” in urban areas. Wireless land line phones use it, microwave ovens can cause interference... The conditions of each setting can be different in a lot of ways.
2018-2-4
Use props
Shaneb
lvl.2
United States

Infosmercial Posted at 2018-2-4 09:55
Holy cow that is seriously impressive!

9oDo you know what frequency you were flying at with such short distance? Have you tried manually selecting the different WiFi bands to see which one gives you a better result in congested areas? I have heard different results from different people on this issue. Some saying 2.4 is best and others saying 5.8 works better.

I wasn't flying on wifi
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules