Certificate for transporting batteries by air
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

I plan on doing some traveling with my P3P. I'm a little concerned about having batteries confiscated at airport security. I have purchased 4 explosion proof battery bags/cases but was wondering if anyone here knows where I can find a printible battery transportation cirtificate. Not sure if that helps getting through security but have read some threads where they said any paperwork would be helpfull. Thanks
2018-1-30
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

Contact the airline. I don't think most airlines have issues as long as you carry them on, and they are in the fireproof bags. Lots of posts about this. Search on airline and you should see some examples. Happy flying!

Barney
2018-1-30
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same question, so I contacted British Airways (as I'm from the UK) and asked the question, they were pretty layback about with the only stipulation being that each LiPo must not be over a certain mAH (I cannot remember the actual mAH) and that each battery must be stored safely, other than that all good

/Chris
2018-1-30
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

I had gone to China for work several times in the past. Flew out of both Beijing and Shanghai several times. Everytime they were searching carryon's for battery packs. They took my colleague's bloutooth speaker because it had a battery in it. They searched my backpack demanding I give them my battery pack. I took the battery from my laptop and gave it to them. They handed it back asking for other battery packs. I didn't have any and I now know not to even attempt carrying a battery leaving China. Not worth the hassle.
2018-1-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

People travel every day with Phantoms and batteries without any issue.
Go to your airline's website and search for lithium or batteries and you'll find their rules.
Your Lipo bags are fireproof - not explosion proof.
But no airline security people or airline knows or cares about them.
The certificate you ask for is for transporting a large consignment of batteries as freight and not for a hobby flier with a couple of batteries in his carry-on luggage.

Here's the FAA information relating to carrying batteries:  https://www.faa.gov/about/office ... s_and_batteries.pdf
2018-1-30
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-1-30 13:05
People travel every day with Phantoms and batteries without any issue.
Go to your airline's website and search for lithium or batteries and you'll find their rules.
Your Lipo bags are fireproof - not explosion proof.

Ha! Didnt think so. Package says fire/explosion proof-anti explosion. Chinese made. Probably not even fire proof! lol
2018-1-31
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
United Kingdom

Franko - some more info for you;

https://www.heliguy.com/blog/201 ... one-lipo-batteries/
2018-1-31
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Thanks guys
2018-2-1
Use props
Grubko00
lvl.1

Poland

If you want to save all this trouble maybe it would be easier to simply ship it? Nowadays shipping is pretty cheap, you can reduce the costs for example by https://clicktrans.com/ Not onlyu you can save up a little bit also make sure that you choose responsible transport provider that will know how to handle fragile items
2018-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules