Return To Home Issue
784 2 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artillery
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello
Before I send my Mavic back to DJI I wanted to see if there was any help here I could utilise first. I also would like to find out if this a common error.

I currently can not fly my Mavic anywhere without it at some point freaking out and wanting to return to home. It doesnt matter where I am or wha the conditions are like. Because of this I am not using it. I have used the Mavic for a few low budget commerical jobs and it basically lets me down every time. The problems is this. 9 times out of 10 I will launch and within anything from 10 seconds to 3-4 minutes the drone will automatically go into RTH mode and try and fly home. If I cancel it, it just goes straight back into RTH mode.

I always fly with my phone in airplane mode.

The last project I did in Africa I was able to use the clients Mavic and it worked faultlessly every time for 10 days. My Mavic would do what Ive described about.

Things Ive noticed.

-If I go into beginner mode and back out again the issue seems to stop. ( not every time though)

-Mostly it will do this immediately after launching

-If I use the record button on the controller not the iphone display this triggers a RTH action.

-Ive flown this in the scottish highlands with full signal and satallite but it insists there is too much magnetic interferance.  This is the most come complaint from the drone.

Everything is upto date, its clean, the batteries are good, its never crashed, so I just dont know what the issue is. Hardware / Software!?

Help and advise would be much appricated. This has been an issue ever since I got it but have been too lazy to return it. Im out my warranty window now too : ( So Im hoping theres a quick fix or I can still return it.
2018-1-30
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi Mate. It sounds like it wants to go back to service. Never had anything like that with mine. Feel sorry for You
2018-1-30
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

Try re-binding the remote to the mavic.
If that doesn't fix the issue, try Wifi mode and connect directly to your phone.
2018-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules