DJI CUSTOMER SERVICE
1154 14 2018-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonathanS
New
Flight distance : 16339 ft
United States

I just wanted to share my story.... so everyone here understand what type of company we are dealing with everytime we spend our $ with DJI.

November 2017, I bought the Spark. (Not my first experience with a drone)

Took the drone on a family vacation (December 2017) and the drone was flying perfectly fine every single day. One day, I take the drone for a fly, 20 seconds after I start flying, the drone is not responding to the controller anymore, going haywire and flying to wherever it wants (important to mention this is over a lake, so Im starting to freak out, since I dont want the drone to go in the water). After 2 minutes of having an out of control drone in the air over water, the Spark starts flying straight at me at full velocity (I was flying in normal mode, and this thing is comming at me at a speed that seemed like it was in sports mode). Of course, it never stoped and it crashed into a wall (4 ft away from my kids, it totally scared one of them).

I put in a claim for the drone the first week of January 2018, since it was a complete malfunction of the product (no controll response whatsoever, the drone going all over changing speeds and doing hard turns). (Trying to figure out how to post video here).

1 week later I receive a quote from DJI saying it is not under warranty and that it was my fault basically: charging $252 to repair the drone. I totally dispute this since I'm sure it was product malfunction.

Since that day I have been calling DJI every single day having to wait more that 45 minutes in line to have an agent on the phone, reaching supervisors its almost impossible so I decided to escalate this to management (hoping to receive a better service). The manager calls me and tells me that they will put this under review and that he was going to call back the next day (this was 6 days ago, and still no call back from the "Manager"). I called and called and asked to please reach to this manager and ask him to call me back, they always said he was going to call me and he never did.

Moments ago I received this email from DJI and I just want it to share it with you to open your eyes, because if we think that we have a good backup with this company WE DO NOT! They wont accept it was a product malfunction and basically I will have to pay another $200+ to have this drone fixed since they wont do it.

This is the email:

Dear Jonathan
Thank you for your reply

First, we want to remind you that the connection of some units can be interfered with by outside sources. Flying near any large amounts of concrete, steel, power lines, wifi technology, and other man-made sources can affect the behavior of the aircraft. Also, calibrating the compass over or near any of these objects or material can cause issues in flight.

We have reviewed your information and our flight data analysis has determined that the incident will not be covered under warranty. The craft showed no signs of a manufacturing defect or malfunction and is classified as user error.

If you choose to move forward with your repair, simply pay your invoice. If you have selected to not pay for your repair, we can arrange to have your craft returned to you as is, without repair.

If someone else has a case similar to mine where they havent resolve your problem please support me as I'm trying to change this so other people dont need to go through this hustle and we stop this company from stealing everybodys money.

2018-1-30
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

Could you post your flight log,  some of the more experienced guys are pretty good at deciphering them.
2018-1-30
Use props
idbl_fanatic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 509741 ft
United States

Would like to follow this
2018-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s easier for forum members to follow your case if you put your flight log up here. Just click on link below and follow instructions come back here and post your link.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-1-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - post the flight records as noted above and we'll have a better understanding of what exactly happened. A DJI Administrator on here may even see the records and revisit your case.
2018-1-30
Use props
sSkyPilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Huh... My experience with DJI repair/warranty are all very good. You didn't mention if you have any 3d party insurance with your purchase. Or if you properly linked your AC to the RC. Or the status of the compass or IMU. My experience is that being prepared and respectable toward DJI staff is a good thing.  I installed prop guards on my P3S. I over tightened 2 screws under one motor. The plastic between the screws cracked. Big issue for stable flight. They made it all good with a new P3S and RC... No troubles since and no prop guards. If yours was my issue. I put the Spark aside and work out the DJI stuff/repair issue. Meantime I look into a Mavic Air.
2018-1-30
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Drones feel like the controls have gone haywire when the drone's compass swings, causes faults, and the mode switches to ATTI.  The flight record will show if it was following the sticks.  Buy care refresh if you don't have a lot of RC model aircraft experience to save costs on repairs.  New RC pilots = crashes.  

New RC pilots also equal lots of over water flights.  Odd.
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jonathan, we are sorry for the crash accident, may I have the case number so that we can check more details of the data analysis and make it clear for you?
We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication from our support team, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will forward to our management department for investigation and keep improving our customer service.
2018-1-30
Use props
Jclare25 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 696 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-30 18:29
Hi Jonathan, we are sorry for the crash accident, may I have the case number so that we can check more details of the data analysis and make it clear for you?
We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication from our support team, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we will forward to our management department for investigation and keep improving our customer service.

Hi I am having a different issue, however no one will answer my e-mails? can you help me please
2018-1-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jclare25 9 Posted at 2018-1-30 18:39
Hi I am having a different issue, however no one will answer my e-mails? can you help me please

Sure, may I have the email request ticket number?
2018-1-30
Use props
JonathanS
New
United States

CASE NUMBER: CAS-1367126-G8C1B3
2018-1-31
Use props
JonathanS
New
United States

It already got to the point where it is absolutely ridiculous. Ive been waiting for the manager to call me for the past 7 days.

I dont understand how hard for the manager is to give me a call. I have been calling every day. Still no answer.   
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JonathanS Posted at 2018-1-31 08:28

It already got to the point where it is absolutely ridiculous. Ive been waiting for the manager to call me for the past 7 days.

Jonathan, your message is well received, thanks! We're checking the exact status with the local team and will try our best to help you out.
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_H23UBNcTvTQ2
New

United States

I had a very similar experience and ended up losing my 3 week old Spark drone after 30 minutes of flight time with everything working perfectly. The last I saw of my drone it just flew off into the mountains. DJI is not customer service oriented and is like most companies in the world today focus completely on bottom line profit. I had planned to buy a more advanced DJI model but will probably look to another brand as a result of how they treated my case.  I sent them my flight records and they refuse to understand that the drone did not return to home. It simply lost connection.  I had paid for this $59 annual insurance which was another waste of money.  You are more likely to lose it than crash it.  It worked 30 minutes prior - 3 batteries worth with no issues in the same area. Very disappointing. Buying a DJI drone is like going to Vegas...plan on losing your money.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_H23UBNcTvTQ2 Posted at 1-16 18:13
I had a very similar experience and ended up losing my 3 week old Spark drone after 30 minutes of flight time with everything working perfectly. The last I saw of my drone it just flew off into the mountains. DJI is not customer service oriented and is like most companies in the world today focus completely on bottom line profit. I had planned to buy a more advanced DJI model but will probably look to another brand as a result of how they treated my case.  I sent them my flight records and they refuse to understand that the drone did not return to home. It simply lost connection.  I had paid for this $59 annual insurance which was another waste of money.  You are more likely to lose it than crash it.  It worked 30 minutes prior - 3 batteries worth with no issues in the same area. Very disappointing. Buying a DJI drone is like going to Vegas...plan on losing your money.

Sorry for the unpleasant experience. I managed to get your case number via the forum information and escalated to the management for investigation. The team will review your case again and contact you during the working time. Appreciate your support and patience.
2019-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules