GPS Specs
1485 5 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
blackhawk
New

United States

What are the GPS specs on the Inspire 1?
2015-4-27
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3034396 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I was planning to ask the same thing, actually what is the difference between Inspire 1 and Phantom 3, as on the official DJI website it is stated that Phantom 3 supports GPS/GLONASS, which I understand is a new feature for a DJI product, GLONASS was not supported before.
Is this a software update or a new improved GPS module installed in Phantom 3 ?
Some people say it's much more stable also indoor. A new improved VPS also onboard, or just software update or the design, lighter weight, of the aircraft ?
2015-4-27
Use props
lesmess
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2753402 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I'm aware the inspire uses a GPS/GLONASS module as well.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.
2015-4-27
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Italy

lesmess Posted at 2015-4-28 01:27
As far as I'm aware the inspire uses a GPS/GLONASS module as well.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.

yes it has as advertised and was confirmed in previous posts.
2015-4-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

lesmess Posted at 2015-4-28 01:27

As does the A2 Pro Plus GPS.  It is slowly becoming the new standard for DJI.
2015-4-27
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3034396 ft
  • >>>
Romania

my bad, I watched a Phantom 3 review where they were talking about the new gps mode available, GLONASS (the capability to connect also to russian satellites network, corect me please if I am wrong) but it seems they were talking about differences compared with previous generations of Phantom, not Inspire 1.

Actually the information about Inspire 1 gps mode is clearly stated on DJI website at flight control section http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/flight-control

It gets a little bit confusing if you're comparing the specs of Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 on DJI website, as Inspire 1 does not have a GPS MODE section on the specs page.
2015-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules