Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 676260 ft
Réunion

Hi,

I bought an CS Ultra for two reasons.
  • The first is the screen: there is a lot of sun / light in my place all along the year.
  • The second is because the removable battery: I can fly long hours because I also have many UAV batteries.
With my P4P, I was doing my 1rst battery of the day, and after 18 min in the air, the famous scaring red message's appeared:
"CrystalSky is too hot. Cool down the monitor to prevent overheating." Warning
My plan was to fly 2hours. But, I decided to Power off the monitor and go back home crying.

Does it mean we can't use CS Ultra 2000 nits under the sun and for a long time?
...or even for a few minutes?

I'm a pro DJI consumer, what is the point?
What am I suppose to do? stop my mission and go back home? or owning 2-3 Crystalsky to switch every single flight? or using sun protection or a cooling down solution?
How long time does it take to cool down the monitor when it is off?

DJI?

Thanks for response.

overheat.png
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

and of couse CS firmware are the lastest...
2018-1-31
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-1-31 07:26
and of couse CS firmware are the lastest...

LOL...You beat the DJI Mod to that "canned" question.
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

and also, I've already done a Factory Data reset a week ago. I've no 3rd part app installed.
My CS Ultra is nevertheless  virgin.... but it doesn't work
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

the M210 is already sleeping at home because there are too dangerous bug... I use my P4P,
https://forum.dji.com/thread-130125-1-1.html

........and now I have to let my new CS Ultra at home to use my old Ipad ! I'm very happy  that's a very good new !

I should have to buy a spark instead of this 25k€ FAKE  kit
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI support?!
2018-1-31
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

What do I have to do? At the moment, I can only crying ! thanks DJI !
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

YOYOMAN, just to verify, you keeps using the CrystalSky in the direct sunlight for 18 minutes right?
2018-2-3
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 01:46
YOYOMAN, just to verify, you keeps using the CrystalSky in the direct sunlight for 18 minutes right?

Hi DJI Mindy,
Happy to see you again here, and thanks for support.
It was around miday that's true and the sun was almost in the direct sunlight for 18min.

If you have any suggestion about how to keep cool down the CS Ultra?
Do I need to forget about flying during suny day and between 10 AM to 3 PM  with CS Ultra?
Are you working on this issue? or Is it an hardware's limit?

Thanks for reply.

If someone have any suggestion to improve the situation (sun protection, case, or anything) ?
Thanks !
2018-2-3
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When I play around on my CS Ultra installing and trying out side loaded apps , the CS Ultra does not get hot at all. This includes using Litchi to fly.

As soon as I turn on DJI Go 4 4.1.18, and have it on for a few minutes with the AC connected and just going through the menus, it starts to get so hot almost immediately.

The fact that no other application gets hot, suggests the problematic DJI Go4 4.1.18 is the problem.

DJI Mindy can you please get the engineers to give us 4.2.4 on the CS or at least give us the option to downgrade back to 4.1.15 ?
2018-2-3
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

Is there any way to know the temperature of CS ?  (don't tell me to buy an XT please...)
2018-2-3
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

If you install CPU-Z, you can have the temp (seems it's the battery temp), also some interseting infos like CPU type, chipset etc, and all sensor outputs.

One minute. @ Iannes:  How did you install Litchi on the CS ?
I'm interested
(edit) I think I've found

2018-2-3
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Done !
Thanks Iannes
Not tested in flight, but it seems to work fine
I was wondering if we can uninstall the google play apps after Litchi install, or if they have to stay in the CS
2018-2-4
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

castormalin Posted at 2018-2-4 02:18
Done !
Thanks Iannes
Not tested in flight, but it seems to work fine

Unfortunately they will have to stay on, and we will get that error message that google services has stopped working from time to time, but we can ignore it as it doesn't have any impact
2018-2-4
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-3 01:46

Need a quick support... !!!
2018-2-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sir , sorry to have kept you waiting, we have located the problem and will get it fixed in the next firmware.
Currently, when you encounter the same issue during flight, we recommend to land or return the drone, long pressing the power switch and then select reboot the device, the error should disappear.
We apologize for the trouble caused, appreciate your patience for the next firmware.
2018-2-5
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 22:11
Sir , sorry to have kept you waiting, we have located the problem and will get it fixed in the next firmware.
Currently, when you encounter the same issue during flight, we recommend to land or return the drone, long pressing the power switch and then select reboot the device, the error should disappear.
We apologize for the trouble caused, appreciate your patience for the next firmware.

Thanks for the update...finally
2018-2-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-5 22:11

Does it mean a simple reboot of the Crystalsky will cool down the monitor and prevent an overheating? Will the CS temperature be low enough to keep working in direct sun?
thanks for support Mindy.
2018-2-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

My CS Ultra which has been getting hot but has not had any screen issues has a build date of  15/10/17, I wonder if the build date has any relevance to the screen failures.

You can check yours , thanks to Msinger

http://tools.retroroms.info/
2018-2-6
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-2-6 19:00
My CS Ultra which has been getting hot but has not had any screen issues has a build date of  15/10/17, I wonder if the build date has any relevance to the screen failures.

You can check yours , thanks to Msinger

Hi,

My 7,85 Ultra getting the issue is from 17/11/17
My 7,85 Normal (issue still not appears) is from 10/10/17
2018-2-6
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

4 minutes after turning on my CS Ultra and using DJI Go 4 and recording in 4k and full brightness , the back on my CS is already 40c  and rising.

When turned off it was 26c, so I think the heating issue is quite significant
2018-2-7
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 02:48
4 minutes after turning on mu CS Ultra and using DJI Go 4 and recording in 4k and full brightness , the back on my CS is already 40c  and rising.

When off it was 26c, so I think the heating issue is quite significant

hi !
How do you know the temperature? Did you get the warning overheating msg?
2018-2-7
Use props
YOYOMAN
lvl.4
Réunion

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 02:48
4 minutes after turning on mu CS Ultra and using DJI Go 4 and recording in 4k and full brightness , the back on my CS is already 40c  and rising.

When off it was 26c, so I think the heating issue is quite significant

do you use XT camera?? haha
2018-2-7
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-7 02:53
hi !
How do you know the temperature? Did you get the warning overheating msg?

I use a digital temperature sensor

2018-2-7
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 04:20

[view_image]

Well done...I've performed the same sort of test and my CS UB temp seemed to peak at 120 F near the HDMI port
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

YOYOMAN Posted at 2018-2-6 13:32
Does it mean a simple reboot of the Crystalsky will cool down the monitor and prevent an overheating? Will the CS temperature be low enough to keep working in direct sun?
thanks for support Mindy.

This is a temporary resolution at this moment, when you  long press the power switch and reboot the device, the temperature workflow will be reset, we will do our best to release the firmware to get it addressed as soon as possible.
2018-2-8
Use props
CKE ENTERPRISES
lvl.1
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-2-7 04:20

[view_image]

Very handy tool, I own several ac companies in south Florida (moving heat for a living) and we use these as well for certain issues (I use a Fluke Pro) but they all do the same thing

I also build websites and computers for companies through out Florida overclocking the cpu's to 4.0 on air and I use cpu coolers that are just way larger than stock especially from a Intel cooler and my computers have lasted on average 10 years so far without one issue, one blue screen, never one crash and all DJI needs to do is simply use a copper or aluminum conductor at the heat source that has a fluid like certain freon  inside that's sealed and ends into a large coils with the fan or fans blowing on the end outward of the exhaust ports if the firmware update cannot kick the fan on ahead of time

Heat is the death of ever electronic and if possible DJI should keep the fan on as long as possible   
2018-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules