Pondering what case to get and could use advice
2679 23 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I am a new owner and am looking to purchase a case for my P2V+. I have seen several discussions and videos on the dozens of different cases out there and I am finding it difficult to decide.
I could use any advice that is offered.

Here are the key issues for my use:

1. I will mostly be traveling in my car to local places to fly. I do NOT anticipate ever checking this on an airplane.

2. I am not sure of the pros and cons of a case that would allow me to keep the props on, or even keep prop guards on. I will have removable prop guards installed (Bezem).

3. I will do not anticipate doing any long hikes with the phantom.

4. Hard vs Soft?
Any specific case that you love?

Thanks so much

LarryR

2015-4-27
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I purchased a hard case (HPRC 2700) and love it.  For some of the same reasons you listed.  It keeps everything in one spot.  All my tools, extra props, batteries and chargers, etc.  BUT, after a few weeks and with the weather getting nicer, I realized there are so many more areas to fly if only I hiked a bit.  All I need there is batteries, the bird and the transmitter.  So, I just purchased a Fearless backpack and will probably have that in the car along with the hard case.  If I want to go hiking, I am ready.  If I am at a specific location, I am ready.
2015-4-27
Use props
Go Professional
lvl.1

United States

Check out Go Professional Cases. We have Phantom hard cases and backpacks that accommodate props and prop guards on or off.

If you are not familiar with Go Professional Cases all of our foam is high quality, closed cell, and water jet cut for precision and durability.  We use SKB cases for our Phantom line.  The cases are waterproof, air tight, dust proof, lightweight, perform great in drop tests, and have a lifetime warranty.  They should have no problem taking whatever abuse you had in mind.   

GoProfessionalCases.com

2015-4-27
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l got the Fearless backpack also.
As a woman, l wanted something light and as small as l could find, and the padded straps make this one easier to carry. The cut-outs are just about perfect giving a good snug fit for the Phantom. It would be nice to not have to remove the props but you can't have everything. There is ample room for any accessories and a tablet. l'm happy with the case.
2015-4-27
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I bought 1 of these to see how it was. when I got it  and checked it out ordered a second as I have 2 P2's.

are there better? yep

It holds my quad tight and firm. well cushioned and 4 batteries, rc and charger in compact easy lightweight case.  I toss (literally a few times) it in back seat of car and have with me now all the time.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyki ... asp?idProduct=73614
make sure USA wharehouse and I got it in 3days from order

cost me less than 120 for both shipped total.
2015-4-27
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en

Previous post same topic. My personal favorite is Axeman's case. Hard case, roll around, locks, takeoff pad....
2015-4-27
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-4-28 07:13
I bought 1 of these to see how it was. when I got it  and checked it out ordered a second as I have  ...

Does it fit the P2V plus?
  Is there room to store removable prop guards?

Do you or anyone know how it compares to this??

http://www.amazon.com/Cheerwing®-Outdoor-Shoulder-Backpack-Carrying/dp/B00P37ZRM6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1430186649&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=microraptor+case+phantom+2+plus
2015-4-27
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

larry.reinstein Posted at 2015-4-28 10:20
Does it fit the P2V plus?
  Is there room to store removable prop guards?

yes I have the plus

no idea on guards as I have never used any. store them yes , not on though
it fit the arms very tight and solid but it is foam so you can "adjust" as needed .  
I figure I will loose or crash long before I where out the case....lol

I just checked link:
I think I had a very similar case from tmart I sent back. it fit but...
the straps on the new one are far superior and stronger, also has lower strap as well as shoulder. It was a definite step up from tmart unit without question. and it fits better down inside foam

http://www.tmart.com/DJI-Waterpr ... icolor_p264728.html
2015-4-27
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-4-27
Use props
2015-4-27
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-28 12:36
Thanks Ray I owe you a drink.

Nah....that's the one I want. Still working on the wife.
2015-4-28
Use props
2015-4-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-28 21:45
Understand my friend tell her it will also work as a pet carrier. Makeup,jewelry and a pet carrier ...

I'll give it a try Axeman!!
She doesn't know it yet but I am also looking real hard at the 3DR Solo too.

Ray
2015-4-28
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-4-28 21:45
Understand my friend tell her it will also work as a pet carrier. Makeup,jewelry and a pet carrier ...

After a weekend trip out to the deer lease with the Phantom and all the accessories that go with it, my wife said "when are you getting a case for that thing"? On order!!!

2015-5-3
Use props
2015-5-3
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
United States

Got it today!!

image.jpg
2015-5-6
Use props
jasbru
New

United States

I have a Tradecraft case, very nice, keep the props on. never used prop guards so can't help you there. I think it was about $200. It's a hard case that comes with precuts for everything plus room for lots of extras, especially batteries.
2015-5-13
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Pick your own foam starts losing shape after a few months
2015-5-17
Use props
Kengineer
lvl.2

United States

flydronefly Posted at 2015-5-18 10:05
Pick your own foam starts losing shape after a few months

I have been split between buying a cheap aluminum one from EBAY cause you could carry it on a plane or  repurposing a pelican case or something close or cobbling on in my shop. I currently do not have one
2015-5-20
Use props
flydronefly
lvl.3

United States

Kengineer Posted at 2015-5-21 01:22
I have been split between buying a cheap aluminum one from EBAY cause you could carry it on a plan ...

I bought Seahorse, great price- pluck your own from - great outer case, sturdy and does its job but have noticed from constantly taking the equipment out, the foam is slightly using shape only after a few months.
2015-5-20
Use props
larry.reinstein
lvl.1

United States

Go Professional Posted at 2015-4-28 07:06
Check out Go Professional Cases. We have Phantom hard cases and backpacks that accommodate props and ...

Thanks,

I have pretty much decided on a Go Professional hard case.  But there are so many choices on the website.  Which fits best for the Phantom 2 Vision Plus?
Is there a slot to store the 4 removable prop guards in the case (obviously removed)?

Thanks

Larry
2015-6-9
Use props
nfrancisco
New

United States

Hi Larry,

I don't know whether or not you got your case yet, but if you haven't, consider CasePro.

We offer carry-on sized cases for the P2V+, so no need to check them in ever.  You can definitely keep your props on in our cases.  

Pick and pluck foam tends to be less durable than foam with pre-cut cavities. Our high-density foam specifically designed for the Phantom 2 Vision offers better protection and security than pick and pluck foam.  Also, you can even customize the foam interior to have cavities for every, specific accessory you want to carry (including your prop guards) in the same case. Just click the orange "Add custom foam" button on the page above and use our online customizing tool to build foam inserts EXACTLY to your liking.
2015-11-20
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Really depends on several things. The protection you need, what you like and where you want to spend less than $50 or more than $150. My suitcase from eBay at $39.00 carries all my components and do a blood job. Others like the fancy hard cases. My needs are minimal. Just for car transporting and convenience.
2015-11-21
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

flydronefly Posted at 2015-5-20 12:46
I bought Seahorse, great price- pluck your own from - great outer case, sturdy and does its job bu ...

I also have the Seahorse for my P3P. For 98.00 im not complaining considering what I spent for my P2V with the taller/ wider gear. That case cost me 250.00 which is almost 40% bigger then the seahorse. Mainly taller and little wider. Cant take that one on a plane though. Even the Seahorse I still have to "check it". Im taking a cruise next month and i want to take my P3 but since im flying this time, that is not going to happen. I dont trust baggage mainly due to theft. Who says that someone just cant pick it up and walk away with it from the carasele before I get there? Its easy to do.
2015-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules