HELP! Within warranty Mavic Pro Issues. Customer service nightmare
1087 12 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tall Story Films
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone, Im sort of running out options here and would like to know if anyone has found a way to get through the awful customer service I am experiencing. I urgently need to send my drone off to be repaired as I am travelling overseas soon.

My situation:
Case Number: CAS-1403643-X8V4D6
Care Refresh: QEAR7B0USMVKWDF6

- Had an Australian Mavic, with Australian Care Refresh. Purchased 9th Jan 2017.

- Australian drone faulty while working in USA. It literally fell out of the sky into the ocean, but DJI wouldnt acknowledge the fault so I just had to buy a new drone in USA.

- DJI moved Australian Care refresh from dead Australian Mavic USA drone. Have email proof of this.

- USA drone is faulty (known soft/fuzzy camera issue, 5 months old). Wish to have it repaired but because it's from the US theyre saying I cant use the warranty. Representative said it would be better for me to use the Australian Care Refresh as DJI as that avoids having to deal with warranty.

- Opened repair case on the 12th of Jan 2018, care refresh expired a few days before. Representative said they would still try and use the Care Refresh to cover it. I agree that care refresh should cover the drone, as it took DJI far more than a week to move it across from the dead drone to the new one, so my plan should be extended by at least a week.

- Have photographic evidence of the fault that shows it was occurring for weeks before I was able to open the repair case.

- Regardless of DJI Care, my drone is within warranty and I wish to have it repaired. Has been weeks since I first raised this issue.

- Have numerous mixed messages and unproductive phone calls where Im told it will be covered and am waiting for an email that never comes. When I call back to check they dont know the story and I have to go through it all again. It's escalated, I wait days for an email then am told its not covered because it's out of refresh as though the person hasnt even looked at the case. I dont care if it's through Refresh or warranty or whatever, but I have a faulty product that should be fixed and I've now waited weeks, made 5 phone calls, written multiple emails and had a number of live chat sessions.

If anyone from DJI is reading this, please help me resolve this immediately! I am travelling overseas in 2 days and need to have this sent away before then.

2018-1-31
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

WOW..!
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats not good!
2018-1-31
Use props
Tall Story Films
lvl.1

Australia

It's ridiculous. Honestly worried about buying any of their future products. Even when you're sold a product that's got a known manufacturing fault right out of the box you still cant get it fixed, let alone having to follow up with them after your drone falls out of the sky and into the ocean.
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. I’ve reported your case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now. We'll keep follow and update for you here as well.
2018-1-31
Use props
Tall Story Films
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-31 19:15
We understand how you feel, very sorry about it. I’ve reported your case to designated department, who are going to take care of this for you right now. We'll keep follow and update for you here as well.

Thank you Susan.

I urgently need the issue addressed, Im now flying out in 36 hours and have to have the drone sent to repairs before I leave.

DJI Care are taking days to respond to emails. It should be covered by DJI Care, but even if not it's still only 5 months old and within warranty. I dont care if the repair goes through DJI Care or an Australian warranty, but it just needs to be fixed immediately.

3 weeks waiting so far, no help getting it fixed!

2018-1-31
Use props
AllenatBritish1
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Technically speaking,DJI have no obligation to refresh a drone for you,cus “DJI CARE Refresh” is sort of a  contract signed  with insurance company when you bought it.
Now the contract has expired, so insurance company has no obligation to fulfill it,unless you have an appointment to postpone the contract.
2018-1-31
Use props
Tall Story Films
lvl.1

Australia

AllenatBritish1 Posted at 2018-1-31 23:35
Technically speaking,DJI have no obligation to refresh a dorne for you,cus “DJI CARE Refresh” is sort of a  contract signed  with insurance company when you bought it.
Now the contract has expired, so insurance company has no obligation to fulfill it,unless you have an appointment to postpone the contract.

I dont care if its through refresh or not, my drone is 5 months old, has a manufacturing defect, is within warranty, and needs to be replaced.

When I first called it was a DJI Representative suggested using the care refresh as that would be the easiest way to do it, seeing as the drone was bought in the USA. Use refresh or dont, I dont care, I just want the drone repaired.

Also I leave the country in 36 hours and they havent got back to me. Have been trying to get this resolved for weeks. Shocking customer service.
2018-1-31
Use props
Tall Story Films
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-31 23:58
Per the system, the DJI Care was activated around 9th Jan. 2017 and expired at 8th Jan. 2018. I'm sorry that DJI Care Refresh can not be used at this moment. For the warranty claim, it is purchased from US where the warranty located, if you want it repaired in AU, I'm afraid that repair cost needs to pay due to the non-global warranty. Please kindly understand and let us know how would you like to proceed. Thanks!

Hi Susan

I have received an email from support that indicates they have understood the situation and will be helping me to resolve it as soon as possible. I will follow up on this forum should there be any further issues with the repair.

Dave
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tall Story Films Posted at 2018-1-31 20:02
Thank you Susan.

I urgently need the issue addressed, Im now flying out in 36 hours and have to have the drone sent to repairs before I leave.

I just got the latest news from the Care team that they have updated the status for you. Please check whether you have received the email, thanks!
2018-2-1
Use props
AllenatBritish1
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Tall Story Films Posted at 2018-1-31 23:41
I dont care if its through refresh or not, my drone is 5 months old, has a manufacturing defect, is within warranty, and needs to be replaced.

When I first called it was a DJI Representative suggested using the care refresh as that would be the easiest way to do it, seeing as the drone was bought in the USA. Use refresh or dont, I dont care, I just want the drone repaired.

SORRY for my misunderstood, hope Susan could hlep you.
2018-2-1
Use props
dwm32
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 00:08
I just got the latest news from the Care team that they have updated the status for you. Please check whether you have received the email, thanks!

Hi Susan

My Mavic finally got to the service centre but I am now being asked to pay $139 for the care refresh.

Again, my drone has a known manufacturing defect and to ask me to pay to fix that is unacceptable, especially when the unit is less than 6 months old. I am pretty disgusted with the customer service experience in organising this repair, not to mention the fact I have now had 2 manufacturing issues with DJI drones that havent been covered.

Both Australian consumer law and International Consumer law are very clear on the subject of selling a product that doesnt perform as advertised, not to mention the implications of continuing to sell a product with a known manufacturing default and not doing a recall.

I'm keen to take this as far as it needs to go in order to have my repaired drone returned to me, so I would appreciate any assistance you can offer.

Thank you.
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dwm32 Posted at 2018-2-13 19:14
Hi Susan

My Mavic finally got to the service centre but I am now being asked to pay $139 for the care refresh.

So sorry for this. Could you leave your case number here? We'll check the exact status and try our best to help.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules