no downhill following in active tracking???
1358 4 2018-1-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

I cant understand why the new Mavic Air dont support downhill-following in active Tracking?

It sould have all nessesary Infared-sensors (front, bottom, behind) + ASAP  to track and follow a person safely from behind down a hill.

The Mavic Air is promoted with "adventure unfold" but not all adventures goes only uphill!I think a lot of people (skiers, mountenbikers ect.) wait for this function!.

Will there be an update soon?

I love so many things about the mavic air but without this function i will return my order and stay with the phantom 4.

regards,
pat
2018-1-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Active track doesn’t work downhill on any dji aircraft, not to sure if you will see this very soon.
2018-1-31
Use props
Zimmermanj87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2774298 ft
  • >>>
United States

My question is how is it the Airdog has been out for years and DJI hasn't come out with a simlar solution they offer for action sports related needs..
2018-1-31
Use props
patfish
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-31 16:41
Active track doesn’t work downhill on any dji aircraft, not to sure if you will see this very soon.

I know! ... but why?
Yes, without the infrared depth sensors on the bottom it was too dangerous, but now it should be as safe as uphill following (in trace mode).
2018-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

patfish Posted at 2018-2-1 07:33
I know! ... but why?
Yes, without the infrared depth sensors on the bottom it was too dangerous, but now it should be as safe as uphill following (in trace mode).

Well they have similar sensors on Mavic and P4Pro, so I’m presuming that they haven’t worked out how to make it possible yet, sometimes I suppose we think these things are simple to apply, but in practice may not be so simple.
I don’t have an answer as to why, but I’m certain that if and when it can be implemented it will, dji are not shy about introducing new features into their drones, so hopefully soon.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules