MAVIC AIR LOST IN MAIL
1216 6 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans99c7a08f
lvl.1
United States

So I was one of those that ordered the new Mavic Air during the announcement. I would have received it on Wednesday and everything was looking good until it got to the States. Then as you can see in the FedEx logs, things started to go crazy really fast. First, somehow it bounced between MD and NY three times in a matter of two hours. Unless FedEx has some crazy fast trucks, I have no idea how it traveled over 200 miles three different times before lunch. Then it was listed as delivered and someone (not me) had signed for it. Then it made its way back to a sorting facility and back on the truck for delivery. At this point I had contacted FedEx and was livid. They said it was on a truck and it would be delivered that night. I waited all night in front of my building until a log popped up that read "Customer not available". The next morning back on truck - waited again. No one showed up and again "Customer not Availble". This happened one more time before it was finally listed as delivered. However, I have no drone and am out $900. It's no secret that DJI has one of the worst customer service of any major company. When I contacted them with the issue they said Logistics will give me feedback in 3-5 business days. But it didnt seem like they would give me the benefit of the doubt or at least really investigate what the hell happened. My question is - if FedEx says its delivered and DJI could care less wtf am I supposed to do to get my money back? If anyone has ever experienced this before, can you please advise what actions to take for a quick and painless resolution. Thanks in advance. Sorry for repost. shipping disaster copy.jpg
shipping disaster copy.jpg

Shipping Log

Shipping Log
2018-2-1
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you paid with a credit card request a chargeback. American Express has best customer service for your kind of documented problem.
2018-2-1
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

First of all this really seems to be a FedEx problem that you cannot blame DJI for. I am having a similar problem with DHL by the way. What I can say for my case is that DJI have shipped my Mavic Air a day before the promised date and that DHL China has picked it up and processed the shipment. The problems (still unknown which exactly) occurred much later, thus at this stage I cannot blame DJI for it.
2018-2-1
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Shipping from China is always sketchy at best. I order parts for my Race Quad Builds and some times watch them bounce around from DHL to FedEx for a week or so sometimes until they hit the USPS, they have always been delivered in the end. Just hope you are not having to stay home to sign for it, because they will not deliver it without a signature. Keep the faith and hope  it works out for the best.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans99c7a08f
lvl.1
United States

Not blaming DJI - Im saying they have terrible Customer Service, which is a known fact. Im literally caught between a rock and a hard place between the incompetent FedEx and the extreme lack of support I get from DJI. Unfortunately for me the package has been signed for and has been delivered twice. Im not too sure it'll be delivered a third time and if it is delivered a third time, will the courier leave it at the door since its been signed for already. Should have just waited to purchase at BestBuy. Lesson learned. Thanks for the feedback, I will look into the chargeback stuff.
2018-2-1
Use props
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

Sounds like they delivered it to the wrong address. DJI has a contract or some kind of business relationship with FedEx so it is their responsibility to contact them and make an insurance claim for loosing it. If they do nothing then contact your credit card company.
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I’m sorry you’re feeling disappointed because of the shipping issue. I managed to get the order number and have informed the designated team to investigate. It takes some time to get the result, we'll keep follow and try our best to help you out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2018-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules