video only working for a few minutes
679 10 2018-2-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3db2e24a
lvl.1
South Africa

The Phantom 4 stops filming after a minute or two. I have formatted the card and ensured that I do not accidentally touch any buttons and so on whilst filming but it stops everytime - any ideas please?
2018-2-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could be that the memory card is just not good enough?
2018-2-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know which SD card do you use? The SD card of poor quality may affect recording. If you still keep the original SD card which comes with the drone, I'd suggest to verify.
2018-2-1
Use props
fans3db2e24a
lvl.1
South Africa

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-1 22:29
Hi there, may I know which SD card do you use? The SD card of poor quality may affect recording. If you still keep the original SD card which comes with the drone, I'd suggest to verify.

what do you suggest that I use. it only films for about 30 seconds to 1 minute
2018-2-2
Use props
fans3db2e24a
lvl.1
South Africa

The card is a san disk ultra which shouuld suffice
2018-2-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Scsndisk extreme are the best.
2018-2-2
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

fans3db2e24a Posted at 2018-2-2 05:31
The card is a san disk ultra which shouuld suffice

i had the same happen to me and i was using a sandisk extreme , turned out to be a fake and you could'nt tell the difference .....bought it from an online store beginning with A  .  where did you get the card from ?
2018-2-2
Use props
fans3db2e24a
lvl.1
South Africa

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-2-2 07:35
i had the same happen to me and i was using a sandisk extreme , turned out to be a fake and you could'nt tell the difference .....bought it from an online store beginning with A  .  where did you get the card from ?

Thanks. I bought it from a camera dealer so should be authentic
2018-2-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fans3db2e24a Posted at 2018-2-2 07:42
Thanks. I bought it from a camera dealer so should be authentic

Sadly, that does not mean it will be authentic. First thing is to buy a Sandisk Extreme series card, the Ultra series are on the borderline of being too slow. I never skimp on having the fastest Sandisk cards, and I have never been let down.
2018-2-2
Use props
fans3db2e24a
lvl.1
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-2 13:50
Sadly, that does not mean it will be authentic. First thing is to buy a Sandisk Extreme series card, the Ultra series are on the borderline of being too slow. I never skimp on having the fastest Sandisk cards, and I have never been let down.

Thank you. I tested the slower speeds and yes the card records at very slow speeds so I will invest in the Sandisk Extreme.
2018-2-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans3db2e24a Posted at 2018-2-2 20:32
Thank you. I tested the slower speeds and yes the card records at very slow speeds so I will invest in the Sandisk Extreme.

In theory, it supports Micro-SD cards with Class 10 grade or above and write speeds above 60 Mbps (Note the write speed. Normally average, max. write speed or read speed is labeled in products). Please keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks!
2018-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules