4044 8 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly I am just a Person who has Many Drones and have no connection to DJI. I do however like to help People enjoy their Toys.

I see that a lot of people are buying the Mavic Air that are new to drones. So here is a tip that some people don't grasp:

1) If you use a phone with your controller (smaller screen of course) you will if you are in a good reception area (3 or 4g) have internet connection as you fly so the DJI Go 4 app should be fully functional

2) If you use a WiFi only Tablet (Larger Screen) and assuming where you fly is beyond connection to the internet via WiFi the important things will work fine but you will not have some of the features of the Go4 App as you are not connected to the Internet.

4) If your tablet can connect to your phone via your phones wifi hotspot and then the internet connection will flow tablets wifi to phones hotspot then phones 3 or 4g to internet, this should be a workaround. This might cause interference and you will need to keep an eye on your phones data plan so as not to cost you too much

Dennis in the UK

2018-2-2
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

I am one of the "new" ones... most time I read about this, the recommendation is to put your phone in airplane mode where you won't have any connection? I' confused...
2018-2-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-2 00:27
I am one of the "new" ones... most time I read about this, the recommendation is to put your phone in airplane mode where you won't have any connection? I' confused...

To be honest the things that don't work without internet are not that important.

Airplane mode is good idea imagine if you got a phone call while flying that would not be terribly good and would startle you
2018-2-2
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
United Kingdom

Fun... but what are the things that don't work? Can you pre-load the map data?
2018-2-2
Use props
Connor Cooney
lvl.1
United States

Tadango Posted at 2018-2-2 00:43
Fun... but what are the things that don't work? Can you pre-load the map data?

I believe if you have your phone on airplane mode (from my experience with an iPhone) you can go in and turn on wifi and location settings while still in airplane mode. Because of this the maps should populate.

Again, take my two cents with a tiny grain of salt if that since i am still awaiting the arrival of my Mavic air and this will be my first drone.
2018-2-2
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

Question from a new user to DJI and drones and still waiting for the MA to arrive, what happens if you are flying and somebody calls you on the mobile?
2018-2-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

rantanlan Posted at 2018-2-2 00:27
I am one of the "new" ones... most time I read about this, the recommendation is to put your phone in airplane mode where you won't have any connection? I' confused...

Make sure you log into your DJI account before you go 'dark' or the flight of the aircraft will be limited. You only need to do it once as it stays logged in, but you do need to do it.
2018-2-2
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Tomcatuk Posted at 2018-2-2 02:17
Question from a new user to DJI and drones and still waiting for the MA to arrive, what happens if you are flying and somebody calls you on the mobile?

Based on pilot skill it might range from crash of drone and personal injury to absolutely nothing.
2018-2-2
Use props
Drizz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1110568 ft
Australia

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-2 08:14
Make sure you log into your DJI account before you go 'dark' or the flight of the aircraft will be limited. You only need to do it once as it stays logged in, but you do need to do it.

I think you only need to login once. It will stay logged in until you use the logout option even if you have no WiFi or 3/4G connection. So you login, you will remain logged in even if you are using airplane mode or in a remote area with no reception.

I plan to use a tablet or phone set to flight mode as a controller to help stop interference. I will do some tests and see what it does to my range.
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules