Re ocusync system conclusion
1153 8 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9eea5190
lvl.1
Austria

Hi...

I am using the ocusync re system with the dipole antennas but I am not so happy so far.
[size=14.6667px]After 10 flights with the DJI goggle re and the ocusync system thats my conclusion.

[size=14.6667px]Compared to my analog system the DJI system is:

[size=14.6667px]less sharp/very blurry
[size=14.6667px]less range
[size=14.6667px]heavier
[size=14.6667px]bulkier
[size=14.6667px]more lag/latency
[size=14.6667px]only simple OSD
[size=14.6667px]much more expensive

What is your experience with this system?  Something wrong with my setup? Somebody able to compare it with the connex system?

Thanks!

2018-2-2
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I’m out flying my f550/E300 power system/NazaM v2/ futaba 14fg with an ocusync setup for video downlink only to my RE goggles and it’s so much superior to my old analog setup it’s not even funny...  im using the two dipole antennas because I couldn’t find a good way to mount the circularly polarized antennas and the range is at least a mile so far. Still testing whether the Futaba runs out of range first tho.

The only problem I’ve encountered so far is the video is overexposed in 960p. But looks great in 720p and 480p.

The latency is really outstanding, I fly the f550 in manual mode only and even at 960p it’s well quick enough to control the aircraft even in very high winds.... love it so far....
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

I cant help thinking that I already have a 480p 5.8G tricopter I built in 2013 for $180 and now I have a $400 ocuysnc Vid TX that still only displays 480p at range.
2018-2-2
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

look @ this video, this is a DJI Occy $400 dollar Vid TX and everything within 100 metres is out of focus?

2018-2-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-2 23:30
I cant help thinking that I already have a 480p 5.8G tricopter I built in 2013 for $180 and now I have a $400 ocuysnc Vid TX that still only displays 480p at range.

Not me . Mine gives good clear 720p up to a mile away so far and it'd do better if I were using the pagoda antennas instead of the dipoles. So far it's 4 orders of magnitude better than my 5.8 analog systems, well worth the money.

Course, I've only had mine in the air for one day so far, and going out again today for more flying and testing of my installation on my f550. So there's still time for it to do something awful .. fingers crossed, but so far I don't ever want to go back to my analog stuff, even with the RE goggles' 5.8 analog RX....
2018-2-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Skymax. Posted at 2018-2-3 00:02
look @ this video, this is a DJI Occy $400 dollar Vid TX and everything within 100 metres is out of focus?

Yeah I've seen this video, but mine does NOT look like that in the goggles, even at 720p. In 480p it looks kind of like that, but not at the higher resolutions. In certain lighting conditions, like facing a setting sun, there will be some noise in the camera in the shadows which make it look blurry in those areas. But otherwise, not like this...

I haven't tried recording anything yet, tho. Could be the recording resolution is still crappy, maybe fixable in the future with a FW update?
2018-2-3
Use props
Skymax.
lvl.3
Australia

luciens Posted at 2018-2-3 07:48
Not me . Mine gives good clear 720p up to a mile away so far and it'd do better if I were using the pagoda antennas instead of the dipoles. So far it's 4 orders of magnitude better than my 5.8 analog systems, well worth the money.

Course, I've only had mine in the air for one day so far, and going out again today for more flying and testing of my installation on my f550. So there's still time for it to do something awful .. fingers crossed, but so far I don't ever want to go back to my analog stuff, even with the RE goggles' 5.8 analog RX....

That's good news. To be fair this video looks better today than it did after several Whiskies last night.
2018-2-3
Use props
fans9eea5190
lvl.1
Austria

Found out that if I use the 2.4 Ghz only setting I get much better range and better image at distance compared to 2.4 + 5.8 Ghz  in automatic mode.
2018-2-3
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sounds about right... according to the specs for the air unit, the range is almost half on 5.8ghz, 4km instead of 7km on 2.4ghz or something like that. So sounds normal....
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules