Register
438 5 2018-2-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansadec16c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18743 ft
United States

What is the deal? Do we need to register our sparks or not? I have heard both ways.
2018-2-2
Use props
fulrac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26191 ft
United States

I did..it's only $5 bucks. It's not worth the aggravation trying to find out all the BS technicalities..not for 5 bucks!
2018-2-2
Use props
fansadec16c2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18743 ft
United States

fulrac Posted at 2018-2-2 17:26
I did..it's only $5 bucks. It's not worth the aggravation trying to find out all the BS technicalities..not for 5 bucks!

So they actually give you the rules when you register?
2018-2-2
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

I am not sure either but I registered for a Phantom 4 Pro before I purchased the Spark.  When I tried to register the Spark the FAA site told me that i was not required to register each drone individually.  I was instructed to apply the same registration number that I was provided for the Phantom to the Spark.  You are only required to register once and then you can use the registration number on as multiple drones.
2018-2-2
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Part 48 of the regulation. Gives you the answer. If it is .55 lbs or more takeoff weight it requires registration, it's $5 for three years.
2018-2-2
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're only going to fly recreational, you register yourself, not  the drone. So if you ever plan to get another drone, you'll be covered. Besides it's only $5 so why take a chance?
2018-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules