Does anyone manage to get the DJI Pilot to work with the P3 PRO ?
4496 33 2015-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

I recieved today my phantom 3 pro and after few hours I figured that the the P3 dji pilot app doesn't work yet with IOS devices yet!...

so as a good drone junky I went to buy an android! I bought the LG GPAD 7 (v400) and guess what?? it still doesn't work..

I know nothing about android so maybe I just do something wrong.. the version of the android is the latest, and the dji pilot app is 1.0.10

Did anyone manage to get it to work?? if so can you assist me??

Thanks!
Tomer

2015-4-28
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

It does not.  There's a hold up with Apple approving the app.  Here's what was said.  

"Unfortunately we are again at the mercy of Apple. The App was submitted in a timely manner but they continue to make their requirements more stringent with every submission. I was told that it should be on the Apple store shortly. You can use v1.0.10 of the Android version or bind an Inspire Tx to the P3 and use the iOS for the Inspire for an immediate work around. We are sorry we thought that we had plenty of time, but Apple changed that on us."

I'm sure all you early guys getting your units with be thrilled!

2015-4-28
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-4-29 02:23
It does not.  There's a hold up with Apple approving the app.  Here's what was said.  

"Unfortunate ...

I have an android too! but I can't get it to work with the android 1.0.10 too!
2015-4-28
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

ntfa@sbcglobal. Posted at 2015-4-29 02:23

"Unfortunate ...

What about the Android app? I had heard rumors that the Android app should now support the P3. Does anyone know if this is the case? It looks like Tomer wasn't able to use Android either...
2015-4-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a iOS guy as well.  However, I have loaded and managed to get the Android app to work on my P3, v1.0.10.  Make sure that debugging is turned on for this app.  When you connect, the App should ask yo to turn it on.  Then it will ask you if you trust this computer.  If you are not getting those messages then there is something else going on.  Have you checked if your device is on the approved list?  I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Phone.
2015-4-28
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-29 02:28
I am a iOS guy as well.  However, I have loaded and managed to get the Android app to work on my P3, ...

I got the message about the debugging and I turn it on. I didn't get the other "Trust" message..

where is the "approved list?" ? any other idea?
2015-4-28
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

I hope you can return it, you may have just purchased an Android paperweight. I would stick to the recommended list of Android devices, you can't just assume that any Android gadget will work.
2015-4-28
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

Rothgarr Posted at 2015-4-29 02:33
I hope you can return it, you may have just purchased an Android paperweight. I would stick to the r ...

I can't believe it, I don't know what is worse.. to get the P3 PRO from the first in the world without device that can run the dji pilot app, or have the sji pilot app and get the P3 PRO from the "last in the word" lol

I really hope that the IOS  version will be updated really soon.. or at least add support for the LG GPAD 7 (v400) it is popular device
2015-4-28
Use props
rickei
lvl.1

United States

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini. (Note: Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.)
2015-4-28
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

I wish I knew it before I bought the LG GPAD 7.. I can't even return it now
2015-4-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rickei Posted at 2015-4-29 02:59
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7  ...

It also works with the S4 and the nvidia shield.  Pretty much anything that is listed for the Inspire will work on the P3.
2015-4-28
Use props
Kawaman1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Guys - Apple IOS will work with the present Pilot APP - do the following:

Turn on remote Open the App then turn on Phantom. Under the Tx icon, you can go to RC Control Settings and scroll down to linking rc. Press that and then you will have 60 seconds to link with the P3. Then press the link button on the side of the Visual Positioning unit on the side on the Phantom (look carefully - it a small button). You should then be linked. That will work for the time being until Apple is done. We used the Inspire Tx for all of NAB with no issues."

Make sure you do a COMPASS calibration before attempting to fly!!!
2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

Kawaman1 Posted at 2015-4-30 00:08

Turn on remote Open the A ...

Tried that, but after clicking on button on Phantom, I am just getting a red blinking light.
2015-4-29
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

Doesn't that require an Inspire remote? I believe those directions were to use the Inspire remote with the P3.
2015-4-29
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

That's great news... any chance of a quick video showing these steps so there is no question?

Thanks... let us know if anybody else tries it.

John
2015-4-29
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

davemex Posted at 2015-4-30 00:39
Doesn't that require an Inspire remote? I believe those directions were to use the Inspire remote  ...

Got excited for nothing... Hey DJI... instead of a backpack - could you send us an Inspire remote?

2015-4-29
Use props
vmp
lvl.3

United States

johnlega@gmail. Posted at 2015-4-30 00:42
Got excited for nothing... Hey DJI... instead of a backpack - could you send us an Inspire remo ...

P3 Support just told me that the iOS app will be released WITHIN A WEEK!!!
2015-4-29
Use props
Gatorone30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1145489 ft
United States

This is the email I got.

iOS Pilot App

The Phantom 3 compatible version the DJI Pilot app for iOS will be available on the App Store within one week. After downloading the new DJI Pilot app, you must update the firmware of your Phantom 3 before it can be used.

Without both updates, the iOS version of the DJI Pilot app will not work with your Phantom 3.

For full instructions on updating your firmware, please download the “How to Update the Firmware” document at http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download/.
2015-4-29
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

it is a shame.. really.. I think someone at APPLE should  wake up and take some actions to progress the approval process, or a lot of DJI customers will move to Android devices..

No apple employees here?  
2015-4-29
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-4-30 03:52
it is a shame.. really.. I think someone at APPLE should  wake up and take some actions to progress  ...

Hello was DJI employees fault. DJI had apologized pointing finger Apple.
2015-4-29
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Last I knew this only worked on i1 remote?  
2015-4-29
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-4-30 04:07
Hello was DJI employees fault. DJI had apologized pointing finger Apple.

DJI said that it was their fault with a mistake in the app submission statement, but the app is ready.. so dono what exactly delay the process I just hope it is not apple approval process.. I feel idiot for borrowing android phones from friends instead of using my apple devices.. if it won't be ready before the weekend I think I will buy Samsung Galaxy S6 and sell my iphone6 and ipad mini 2
2015-4-29
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Look Apple got process in place to prevent bad things from happening and screening there apps.. And I am glad for it.. DJI should done better QA and not let bug get this far.  As it is not only a software fix but a firmware/software upgrade to resolve issue.  Doing only one w/o other doesn't work.  This isn't a dotting of the i's and crossing the t's issue.  An engineer at DJI taking the blame for this, said so in PR.
2015-4-29
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must have the Inspire 1 controller in order to override the P3 and get it to work.
2015-4-29
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Tomer Posted at 2015-4-30 03:52
it is a shame.. really.. I think someone at APPLE should  wake up and take some actions to progress  ...

Made the move from IOS to android awhile ago and never looked back....
2015-4-29
Use props
Tomer
lvl.1

Israel

dlew21@mac.com Posted at 2015-4-30 05:41
You must have the Inspire 1 controller in order to override the P3 and get it to work.

that is not true
2015-4-29
Use props
neilkarunatilak
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Works for me on my Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S Tab 8.4
The S6 is on Android Lollipop 5.0.1.The S Tab 8.4 is on Android KitKat 4.4.2
The DJI app is 1.0.10

2015-4-29
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tomer, I am talking about if you have ios.  I relize if you have android and all that jazz you shouuld have no problem. However, I personally tried to overide my DJI pilot (ios) with no luck with rc on regualr P3 controls. No luck..... With Inspire control it worked just fine.  Sorry for th confusion, and if you know any different please let me know
2015-4-29
Use props
dlew21
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tomer, I am talking about if you have ios.  I relize if you have android and all that jazz you shouuld have no problem. However, I personally tried to overide my DJI pilot (ios) with no luck with rc on regualr P3 controls. No luck..... With Inspire control it worked just fine.  Sorry for th confusion, and if you know any different please let me know

2015-4-29
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

As a side note; the connection channel between the controller and the device (Android or iOS) needs a somewhat beefier CPU than that of the previous Phantoms so expect that on some devices you may see lower quality video or the need to lower the channel speeds in order to get the app to respond correctly.  Testing with older Android and not so much older iOS devices showed that many devices may not work well with the higher communications speeds and may need to have settings significantly degraded in order to work.
2015-4-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Apple requires a A7 processor or above.  So many flavors of Androids it is hard but the nvidia seems to be the winner so far and the V2 is supposed to be available in July.
2015-4-29
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

Hi Guys,

Still waiting for my shipment from DJI to Singapore.

As an iOS Developer, I too have noticed a more stringent approval process from Apple recently so I would totally understand such delays are inevitable.

For a launch like this, They are ways to expedite the review process if DJI has not used it recently and they would skip the queue because of valid reasons eg. product launch

Here's the link to explain how to expedite the app review.
https://mobileroadie.zendesk.com ... pp-Review-on-iTunes
2015-4-29
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

nurimanizam Posted at 2015-4-30 12:18
Hi Guys,

Still waiting for my shipment from DJI to Singapore.

you know engineer at DJI made mistake and that why been delay.. Not Apple.
2015-5-1
Use props
nurimanizam
lvl.1

Singapore

chrisfromalbany Posted at 2015-5-2 08:38
you know engineer at DJI made mistake and that why been delay.. Not Apple.

No matter what, if changes need to be made to the app for approval. It will still need to go through review process. So they may want to expedite the review process anyhow.
2015-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules