12Next >
18640 61 2018-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

Hey folks,

I got my Mavic Air recently and booted it up. During start up the camera tilts all the way down then all the way up and then stays pointing up. It doesn’t actually center itself. When I use the controller to adjust the gimbal it doesn’t respond. The gimbal status reads normal and I’m able to record video and pictures but it seems as though the gimbal just doesn’t work. I tried recalibration for the IMU and compass but that didn’t work. Also tried restarting the drone multiple times but still the problem exists.

Anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Shane
2018-2-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

Try an auto calibration of the gimbal, from the Go4 App. also if you pick the drone up while its powered up and tilt it back and forward the lens should try to stay still, turning the drone right to left should see the lens attempt to stay put, although only for a few degrees.

In the Go4 App from the Camera View, tap three dots top right of screen, tap the camera icon(6th one down) select Gimbal Auto Calibration, let it run all the way through, it takes two to three mins.
2018-2-4
Use props
Mac9
New
United States

My new one had problems with the gimbal... the pics were bad.. straight lines were curvey.  DJI was going to repair, but I took it back to Costco and the replaced it.
2018-2-4
Use props
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-2-4 18:17
Try an auto calibration of the gimbal, from the Go4 App. also if you pick the drone up while its powered up and tilt it back and forward the lens should try to stay still, turning the drone right to left should see the lens attempt to stay put, although only for a few degrees.

In the Go4 App from the Camera View, tap three dots top right of screen, tap the camera icon(6th one down) select Gimbal Auto Calibration, let it run all the way through, it takes two to three mins.

Thanks for the quick response!

Just tried to auto calibrate the gimbal via the Go4 App. The gimbal didn't move at all during auto calibration. Also, the calibration got stuck at 10%.

Any other suggestions?

2018-2-4
Use props
Flying Whale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 234249 ft
Poland

More people have this problem. See movie
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Shane, may I know the firmware version of your drone? Please try to refresh the latest firmware v1.0.1.0 via DJI Assistant 2. Please keep us updated if the issue persists, a video of this case will be highly appreciated, thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mac9 Posted at 2018-2-4 18:29
My new one had problems with the gimbal... the pics were bad.. straight lines were curvey.  DJI was going to repair, but I took it back to Costco and the replaced it.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties. Did the issue resolve now? Hope you can receive the drone very soon.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Flying Whale Posted at 2018-2-7 22:32
More people have this problem. See movie https://youtu.be/uArLo0esfng

Whale, just to verify, is this your video? If yes, may I know the firmware you are running with the drone, and does the issue happens since you got the drone? I would like to forward it to our engineers to check, thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans278075a8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi. I have exactly the same issue as nicely summarised in the video, but unfortunately, no solution. I contacted dji support today who have asked it to be returned via their online repair centre.
2018-2-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans278075a8 Posted at 2018-2-16 10:16
Hi. I have exactly the same issue as nicely summarised in the video, but unfortunately, no solution. I contacted dji support today who have asked it to be returned via their online repair centre.

Hi. I'm sorry to hear regarding the same issue of your Mavic Air. If you have done the Gimbal calibration and the Gimbal is not responding please send your aircraft for repair by going to https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. You can also use this Forum link for reference on your case.
2018-2-17
Use props
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 00:13
Whale, just to verify, is this your video? If yes, may I know the firmware you are running with the drone, and does the issue happens since you got the drone? I would like to forward it to our engineers to check, thank you.

The video that Flying Whale posted on this thread was the video that I created to highlight the problem. I sent this video to DJI support.

I have since returned the defective unit and I am waiting for the replacement unit.
2018-2-18
Use props
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

Hey Flying Whale, that is actually the video that I posted to highlight the issue my drone was having.
2018-2-18
Use props
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

fans278075a8 Posted at 2018-2-16 10:16
Hi. I have exactly the same issue as nicely summarised in the video, but unfortunately, no solution. I contacted dji support today who have asked it to be returned via their online repair centre.

I have been in contact with DJI (via email) since February 4th trying to resolve this issue. My wife called for a much faster resolution. She was able to get a replacement issued within 30 minutes.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

ALSO (IMPORTANT!), contact DJI asap as they have a 7 day policy for refunds and 14 day policy for replacements. If we contacted them later, we would not have been able to get our replacement and would have had to use our DJI Care Refresh for a repair.
2018-2-18
Use props
fans278075a8
lvl.1
Netherlands

Shane Trane Posted at 2018-2-18 11:44
I have been in contact with DJI (via email) since February 4th trying to resolve this issue. My wife called for a much faster resolution. She was able to get a replacement issued within 30 minutes.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Hi Shane. Many thanks for the further updates. Your wife sounds frighteningly efficient!I sent mine for repair directly since you already did all the hard work in trying to solve this issue, and frankly saved me a lot of time...
2018-2-19
Use props
Shane Trane
lvl.1

Canada

fans278075a8 Posted at 2018-2-19 12:12
Hi Shane. Many thanks for the further updates. Your wife sounds frighteningly efficient!I sent mine for repair directly since you already did all the hard work in trying to solve this issue, and frankly saved me a lot of time...

Hey, that's great to hear!

Hope everything works out for you
2018-2-19
Use props
dcdegallier
lvl.1
United States

I'm having the same issues with mine, warped horizons and as a result none of my panos are stitching very successfully. Should I wait for a FW update or try to exchange my unit? Will warranty cover this? I ordered it on the launch date and received it the following week. I also have perpetual gimbal drift since day one. It got "better" after a fw update, but still noticeable on the horizon drift.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Shane Trane Posted at 2018-2-18 11:39
The video that Flying Whale posted on this thread was the video that I created to highlight the problem. I sent this video to DJI support.

I have since returned the defective unit and I am waiting for the replacement unit.

Noted that. According to the video, I assumed that the gimbal becomes soft after the self-checking, right? In fact, we have a beta firmware to solve the issue, if you had sent it back, the local team will also help to take care of it.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans278075a8 Posted at 2018-2-19 12:12

Hi there, had you sent the drone already? If you haven't, you can provide me with your DJI account, I will forward a beta regarding this issue.
2018-2-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dcdegallier Posted at 2018-2-23 11:16
I'm having the same issues with mine, warped horizons and as a result none of my panos are stitching very successfully. Should I wait for a FW update or try to exchange my unit? Will warranty cover this? I ordered it on the launch date and received it the following week. I also have perpetual gimbal drift since day one. It got "better" after a fw update, but still noticeable on the horizon drift.

Hi there, may I have a short video of your gimbal status? Please record the video from the beginning, power on--wait for self-checking--hold on for a while. If it does exactly the same as the video posted on 5#, you can directly provide me with your DJI email account, I would like to forward a beta for you to try.
2018-2-23
Use props
fans8a27a7a0
New
France

Hello DJI Thor,

I have the same issue with a just delivered Mavic Air, the gimbal doesn't tilt down with the remote control and an error message "overload Gimbal" appears, I try to calibrate the gimbal but it's stuck  going up and down from 80 to 89%? All FW has been installed, what should I do?

Regards,

Alex
2018-2-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8a27a7a0 Posted at 2018-2-28 06:41
Hello DJI Thor,

I have the same issue with a just delivered Mavic Air, the gimbal doesn't tilt down with the remote control and an error message "overload Gimbal" appears, I try to calibrate the gimbal but it's stuck  going up and down from 80 to 89%? All FW has been installed, what should I do?

Hey Alex, does the warning Overload Gimbal appear regularly? If yes, I'm sorry that you have to send it in for inspection: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-3-1
Use props
fans8a27a7a0
New
France

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-1 01:07
Hey Alex, does the warning Overload Gimbal appear regularly? If yes, I'm sorry that you have to send it in for inspection: https://www.dji.com/support

Thanks for your reply, I sent it back, just worried if after repair, the problem will come back... Bit frustrated Has I intended to get it fly right away after delivery...
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans8a27a7a0 Posted at 2018-3-8 02:03
Thanks for your reply, I sent it back, just worried if after repair, the problem will come back... Bit frustrated Has I intended to get it fly right away after delivery...

Sorry for the frustration and inconvenience caused, we will make flight test and quality assurance after repair, no worries, hope you will get it back soon.
2018-3-8
Use props
fans8dc3e343
New
Flight distance : 299987 ft
United Arab Emirates

I have the identical issue as of this morning. What is the fix?  I have a job at 4am. Please help ASAP
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8dc3e343 Posted at 2018-3-9 02:55
I have the identical issue as of this morning. What is the fix?  I have a job at 4am. Please help ASAP

Sorry to hear that, could you please be more specific about the issue you are experiencing now? The gimbal becomes soft after self-checking or something else? Thanks for your input.
2018-3-9
Use props
fans8dc3e343
New
Flight distance : 299987 ft
Australia

Regards my Mavic Air gimbal failure I have been asked to return it to HK from my home in UAE. I got a quote from the shop for 800Dirhams for them to send it to HK. It is only 6 weeks old, never been crashed or had any kind of hard landing. Why should I pay for shipping to HK? The fault is obviously a manufacturers fault because other people on this forum described the exact issue in detail that I’m having. Camera tilts down on power up then up the stops in the up position and nothing I do moves the camera. Everything else works normally and no error shows in the app but the gimbal does not move from locked up position. Service is terrible and this is my 5th DJI product!! I am becoming very angry at the lack of support. All firmware upgrades have been done but nothing changes.
2018-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans8dc3e343 Posted at 2018-3-25 12:09
Regards my Mavic Air gimbal failure I have been asked to return it to HK from my home in UAE. I got a quote from the shop for 800Dirhams for them to send it to HK. It is only 6 weeks old, never been crashed or had any kind of hard landing. Why should I pay for shipping to HK? The fault is obviously a manufacturers fault because other people on this forum described the exact issue in detail that I’m having. Camera tilts down on power up then up the stops in the up position and nothing I do moves the camera. Everything else works normally and no error shows in the app but the gimbal does not move from locked up position. Service is terrible and this is my 5th DJI product!! I am becoming very angry at the lack of support. All firmware upgrades have been done but nothing changes.

We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, currently, free shipping label is unable to cover all regions around the world, customer will need to be responsible for shipping costs when sending product(s) for return, repair or replacement. Thanks for your understanding.
We have a beta firmware for the gimbal, please provide us your DJI account if you would like to have a try.
2018-3-25
Use props
kutcher777
lvl.1
Russia

I have too that problem on this video
What can i doo?
2018-5-3
Use props
kutcher777
lvl.1
Russia

Everybody! I understand how we can fix problem with stop 10% Gimbal Auto Calibrate! Look my video
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

kutcher777 Posted at 2018-5-3 11:22
Everybody! I understand how we can fix problem with stop 10% Gimbal Auto Calibrate! Look my video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jT0PwJbZZA

May I know which firmware are you running with the drone? Could you please help to provide the screenshot of the firmware (General Settings, About), and export the gimbal log via DJI Assistant 2? We would like to forward to the engineer for investigation.
2018-5-3
Use props
FRODEAUX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337421 ft
United States

I have this exact same issue, did you every get it resolved?
2018-5-14
Use props
FRODEAUX
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-23 19:37
Hi there, may I have a short video of your gimbal status? Please record the video from the beginning, power on--wait for self-checking--hold on for a while. If it does exactly the same as the video posted on 5#, you can directly provide me with your DJI email account, I would like to forward a beta for you to try.

Does the beta software work? I have the exact same issue as #5.  I am leaving for a trip on friday and have a job to perform while there, would like to get this resolved ASAP. Would love to know if the software works
2018-5-15
Use props
FRODEAUX
lvl.1
United States

HERE IS THE FIX !!

If you have the same issue as seen in the video in post #5 above, this may solve your problem.  The bad news is you are going to have to take the drone apart.  

WARNING:
Now I don't have DJI Refresh and Im fairly confident they would not freely fix my 2 month old drone, regardless if this is a defect or not.  So if you have your warranty you probably do not want to attempt this as it will more than likely void your warranty.  With that said DONT DO THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO VOID YOUR WARRANTY

For me I dont have a warranty and I was sure the problem was with a broken ribbon cable or something, so I went exploring.  So the problem lies within the gimbal and the camera but it has nothing to do with the ribbon cables.  If you look at the back of the camera you will see what looks like a slotted hatch.  Inside that hatch is a chip, the chip appears to be held by some glue, well the glue more than likely melted (due to a large heat sink sitting right next to it, and the chip more than likely came detached from its socket.  No worries you can easily put the chip back, bad news is you have to take apart the drone, remove the gimbal, and disassemble the gimbal to access the screws that hold hat hatch in place.  Here is a pic of what I found when I took off the hatch.  That chip with DJI written on it was not attached and it was freely moving around inside the camera module.  See the pic below....

Its impossible to detail how to take this thing apart in a short thread so here are the resources that can help:

Mavic Air Teardown:

*** TIP:  The first two screws you have to remove by the gimbal before removing the top are coated with some type of glue,  you will need to peel or scrape it off, I just used a flat head screw driver to do it.  All the screws you will be taking out will be done with a small Phillips screwdriver

*** TIP 2: The video is in a foreign language, In youtube you can go to the video settings and choose auto translate under closed captioning which may help you

Once you tear it all down you can simply reseat the chip in its socket, reassemble your Air and give it a test.

P.S. I thought about putting some hot glue or silicone on the chip to keep if from coming lose again but Im not sure if it will melt and cause other issues.

I hope this helps someone

2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FRODEAUX Posted at 2018-5-15 10:37
HERE IS THE FIX !!

If you have the same issue as seen in the video in post #5 above, this may solve your problem.  The bad news is you are going to have to take the drone apart.  

Hi, sorry to reply you late. We are pleased to hear that you fixed your drone by your own, it's really amazing, however, to ensure the stability and the performance, we still don't recommend to do that, we suggest sending it back to our official repair center for maintenance if the drone needs to be repaired in the future. Thanks for your support!
2018-5-16
Use props
djiuser_8F66gATSCtzR
New
Norway

Hi

I am experiencing the same problems. I have also sent a mail to costumer support regarding this.   

When starting up i get "main controller data error on the top of my screen. When pressing "Aircraft Status" the Over all status has a warning that says "abnormal" and the IMU says restart t...aircraft in red. When pressing aircraft status i can see the following warnings:
"Gimball cannot receive main controller data" - gimball and main controller disconnected. Contact DJI support if this persists after restarting.
"IMU Calibration required" - Please calibrate IMU
"Accelometer failed" - Restart the aircraft. contact DJI support if this continues after restarting.
"Check "overall status" in main controller settings"

Calibrating in the DJI assistant program works fine. calibrating the gimbal in the DJI app stops at 10%

I have restarted multiple times. i have reinstalled the firmware and restored factory settings on both the drone and the controller.

Aircraft firmware: V01.00.0400
Remote controller firmware: V01.00.0100
DJI GO 4 App: V4.2.12

the drone was used for the first time 7 days before the fault occured. its ben used 4 times, never been crashed or dropped. i was really looking forward to filming on a trip next week, so hopefully it can be fixed with a software update.
Other users have narrowed it down to the IMU module. This fault involves either sending it in, or ordering the part and fixing it my self. Another source for the faults can be parts comming loose inside the drone, this would be the quickest fix, but i would rather not woid the warranty.
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_8F66gATSCtzR Posted at 2018-7-6 22:27
Hi

I am experiencing the same problems. I have also sent a mail to costumer support regarding this.   

Sorry for the troubles with the new drone, it is not recommended to repair by yourself. The drone will need to be sent in for diagnosis, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-7-7
Use props
LevKulikov
lvl.1
Russia

Hello everyone, there was the same problem that the beta version is to fix the suspension ?
2018-7-24
Use props
LevKulikov
lvl.1
Russia

Hello everyone, I have the same problem that the beta version of the firmware to fix gimbal ?
2018-7-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LevKulikov Posted at 2018-7-24 10:00
Hello everyone, I have the same problem that the beta version of the firmware to fix gimbal ?

Hi LevKulikov, we're sorry that there is no beta firmware of Mavic Air for now. May I have more details of the issue you mentioned? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2018-7-24
Use props
LevKulikov
lvl.1
Russia

Mavic Air when enabled, the suspension lowers the camera down then raises all the way up and slightly to the right, there are no errors in the DJI GO with the camera image goes on the steering wheel does not respond, the calibration rises by 10% , the fall was not put in hand until charged battery, the drone was just lying there, hooked up the battery and everything in the sky looks. On factory dumped, on the assistant IMU calibrated, did not help
2018-7-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules