677 5 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rustydiver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1899895 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now ive got my inspire 2 with x5s camera, if I was to us a filter uv lens protector like I do on all my cameras or a circular polerising filter will this affect the balance of the gimbal?
2018-2-5
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it will. You will need to adapt the balancing ring to compensate for the weight of the filter. Most (all) balancing rings are supplied to two parts,  it is typically a case on installing only the heavier ring and the filter, or both rings and no filter..
2018-2-6
Use props
allanart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, it will.
You will need to adapt the balancing ring to compensate for the weight of the filter.
Most (all) balancing rings are supplied to two parts,  it is typically a case of installing only the heavier ring and the filter, or both rings and no filter..
Regards
Allan
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the balance is very important for X5S to ensure the shooting quality, gimbal performance is affected by the weight of the camera. We recommend to install accessories according to the following table to stabilize the lens. 32b43514-7016-4fa8-a26d-c0de73d24595.jpg
2018-2-6
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-2-6 03:35
Hi there, the balance is very important for X5S to ensure the shooting quality, gimbal performance is affected by the weight of the camera. We recommend to install accessories according to the following table to stabilize the lens.[view_image]

Thanks Mindy so if I'm reading it right, a 10g filter needs bal ring a fitted.
Not sure about the polariser one yet its not turned up. So what do I fit if its say 15g to balance it out?
2018-2-6
Use props
rustydiver
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or does it need the balancing ring A if a filter is not used and a 10g filter is ok on the dji standard lens?
2018-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules