Attention idiots. Stop making us look bad.
1166 16 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Madseason
lvl.2
United States

I was just in my yard flying my spark when one of my older neighbors came walking by. He heard the drone and jokingly ask if I was one of those guys that flys above airliners approaching the airport. I guess he was referencing the video that was recently posted. Although I think he was half serious when he asked me, I assured him that our neighborhood isn’t in a no fly zone and that I was very serious about following FAA regulations. It just ticks me off that some people have to be so reckless and make us all look bad. For what? A couple of videos to get likes on social media? I hope the FAA throws the book at these idiots and sets an example before we are all grounded. Sorry for the rant, I just can’t stand the lack of common sense in some.
2018-2-5
Use props
azswift
First Officer
Flight distance : 13819 ft
United States

When these situations come up it's a great time to talk about education and safety with your neighbors.  I'm proud to own DJI equipment and support a company building the geofencing features we work with on our drones.  Not sure what brand, but the Vegas drone video was shot using another product that probably doesn't have these features.  Anyone recognize it?
2018-2-5
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

azswift Posted at 2018-2-5 14:11
When these situations come up it's a great time to talk about education and safety with your neighbors.  I'm proud to own DJI equipment and support a company building the geofencing features we work with on our drones.  Not sure what brand, but the Vegas drone video was shot using another product that probably doesn't have these features.  Anyone recognize it?

I bet that the Vegas drone was a FPV racing drone.. THose are usually home built with off the shelf parts. Even if every DJI and other manufacturers drones are geo fenced and monitored in flight nothing can stop someone from building a drone at home and doing stupid things with it.
2018-2-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The neighbor was just joking. Nothing to it.
2018-2-5
Use props
Madseason
lvl.2
United States

heliman Posted at 2018-2-5 14:42
The neighbor was just joking. Nothing to it.

Probably right Heliman but I think the point is that it gives the general non drone enthusiasts a bad perception of drones when they see them. most people don't know the difference between spark, mavic or a home built drone that isn't using any type of Geo Fencing Software. Bottom line is that the more videos like this that pop up, the more the general public will have a bias towards drones and the people flying them.

Anyway...Happy flying!
2018-2-5
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Around me I only hear that people are worried about being spied on.
I’m a member of two rc clubs,  where pilots know the rules, so I’m a little biased here.
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect the people you are aiming that at won't even know this forum exists but well said anyway.
2018-2-5
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

By the title of this, i was thinking it was about all the people on here that don't know what they are doing and complain about it on here
2018-2-5
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

why post it her sure them xd
2018-2-5
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

The worst offenders are the people on youtube who are hailed for thier great footage. Even the "ijustine" character they sent a free Mavic Air too was flying without care in a obvious NFZ.
2018-2-5
Use props
Mr Sparkle
lvl.4
Australia

If drones are banned, I may have to go back to the old routine of tying a camera to a pigeon again.
2018-2-5
Use props
Raimenzio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

I believe you won't find any of those idiots here. Try some newspaper?
2018-2-5
Use props
Trip Astute
lvl.4
Flight distance : 109593 ft
  • >>>
United States

tvon Posted at 2018-2-5 20:04
The worst offenders are the people on youtube who are hailed for thier great footage. Even the "ijustine" character they sent a free Mavic Air too was flying without care in a obvious NFZ.

This is so true. I live in LA, and can't believe how many famous YouTube folks are blatantly flying in restricted areas. They must know better!
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The worst offenders are the people on youtube who are hailed for thier great footage. Even the "ijustine" character they sent a free Mavic Air too was flying without care in a obvious NFZ.

That is sadly very true! It's almost as if getting a fine from the FAA is the new craze!
2018-2-6
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
United States

Well i mean, it's pretty obvs why she got one
2018-2-6
Use props
tvon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43373 ft
United States

Trip Astute Posted at 2018-2-5 23:02
This is so true. I live in LA, and can't believe how many famous YouTube folks are blatantly flying in restricted areas. They must know better!

if you comment and ask how they got permission, my comments are ignored or deleted.
2018-2-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

warubikku Posted at 2018-2-5 17:34
By the title of this, i was thinking it was about all the people on here that don't know what they are doing and complain about it on here

My thoughts exactly.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules