Gimbal Drift AND Panorama Failures (Android/Google Pixel 2)
736 2 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dcdegallier
lvl.1
United States

Hey fam, looking for some help.

I have done the IMU, Compass, and Gimbal calibrations in different orders a multitude of times indoors and out and I still have massive gimbal horizon drift. It's off by 5+ deg to either side throughout flight. Horizon tilts when I have any yaw input, or it just drifts around on it's own accord. Yay! Just like my P3P which I finally sold to buy the Air, hoping that DJI didn't have every single one of their cameras still having gimbal drift issues. Bleh.

Secondly, panos aren't working well. SOMETIMES I can get a horizontal pano to stitch in-app, but that's it. Spherical panos finish shooting, and then just either give a failed error, OR they just sit there at 100% and never finish processing. I have to land the aircraft and either disarm/rearm or even reboot for me to be able to take another picture. (The shutter and settings buttons are greyed out until I do).

The individual photos will save to the SD card, but not the stitched pano. I have tried shooting with the "save images on SD card" off, and the same results - just fails to finish the pano or it "finishes" but gets hung up at the very end.

Mostly like this thing - but the two big reasons I bought it (Panos and a reliable gimbal), are both of the failing points at the moment. Sadness.

The drone, app, phone (8.1), controller, etc are all updated to most recent firmware. Any help is more than welcome!

2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear dcdegallier,
We are sincerely sorry the inconvenience caused to you and thanks for your feedback.We will try our best to help.
For the gimbal issue, can you calibrate the gimbal successfully? If so and you have tried to calibrate many times and the problem persists, we advise you to send the device to repair.You can ask for more help via https://www.dji.com/support.
And for the panorama issue, you said APP gives a failed error, could you please kindly provide us with error screenshot for further confirm?
Thank you in advance.
2018-2-5
Use props
dcdegallier
lvl.1
United States

I will work on getting a screenshot... is anyone else having either of these issues?

What is the normal turnaround time for a warranty repair?
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules