Mavic Air Photo Questions
2376 13 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alphadrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151539 ft
United States

Couple of photo questions on the air. First of all, where are people viewing their sphere photos and horizon pictures? Only thing I have found is the google street view app. Also had some trouble uploading 360 to Facebook because it doesn’t recognize them as 360 photos it didn’t seem.

Secondly, for the sphere photos they don’t always seem super sharp, and there is some blur in the stitching. Anyone else have this problem?
2018-2-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stitch the panos in DJI media maker
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Microsoft ICE is working well too and the pictures are less cropped than with DJI Media Maker.
2018-2-6
Use props
alphadrone
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-6 04:46
Microsoft ICE is working well too and the pictures are less cropped than with DJI Media Maker.

I work off all Mac. I downloaded DJI media maker and will give that a try. So is that the solution for the not so great stitching? I take it the idea is to change the settings on the Mavic Air to save all photos from Pano and stitch myself after?

Also curious thoughts on viewing the photos... it seems options are limited.
2018-2-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

To work in Facebook as a 360 pano you have to inject metadata: https://facebook360.fb.com/editing-360-photos-injecting-metadata/
2018-2-6
Use props
alphadrone
lvl.2
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-2-6 06:36
To work in Facebook as a 360 pano you have to inject metadata: https://facebook360.fb.com/editing-360-photos-injecting-metadata/

Thanks, really helped actually. I was more meaning for personal viewing if I was not ready to share. But I was curious about this as well, so much appreciated. I followed the steps and 360 uploads to Facebook now just fine.
2018-2-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

alphadrone Posted at 2018-2-6 07:00
Thanks, really helped actually. I was more meaning for personal viewing if I was not ready to share. But I was curious about this as well, so much appreciated. I followed the steps and 360 uploads to Facebook now just fine.

Glad to help!
2018-2-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

alphadrone Posted at 2018-2-6 06:26
I work off all Mac. I downloaded DJI media maker and will give that a try. So is that the solution for the not so great stitching? I take it the idea is to change the settings on the Mavic Air to save all photos from Pano and stitch myself after?

Also curious thoughts on viewing the photos... it seems options are limited.

The panos stitched by Mavic Air look very good and I believe I'll use them most of the time. The 180° pano is the only one that gets cropped more horizontally than with external software, but they look good.
The 360° panos I have not tried yet but from what I have seen so far, they might be even better stitched by Mavic than with external software.
For watching the 360° panos I can highly recommend "Kuula". They look amazing there: https://kuula.co/share/7lXV8?thumbs=1&chromeless=1&logo=0
2018-2-6
Use props
alphadrone
lvl.2
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-6 09:07
The panos stitched by Mavic Air look very good and I believe I'll use them most of the time. The 180° pano is the only one that gets cropped more horizontally than with external software, but they look good.
The 360° panos I have not tried yet but from what I have seen so far, they might be even better stitched by Mavic than with external software.
For watching the 360° panos I can highly recommend "Kuula". They look amazing there: https://kuula.co/share/7lXV8?thumbs=1&chromeless=1&logo=0

Interesting on the Kuula. Yeah you're probably right on the good job it does with 360 on its own, I just need to mess with it a bit more. Starting to all come together. I will definitely check out Kuula though!
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

alphadrone Posted at 2018-2-6 06:26
I work off all Mac. I downloaded DJI media maker and will give that a try. So is that the solution for the not so great stitching? I take it the idea is to change the settings on the Mavic Air to save all photos from Pano and stitch myself after?

Also curious thoughts on viewing the photos... it seems options are limited.

Hi, there. You can view the sphere in the playback. If you find it blur in the sphere photos, please post the sphere photo here. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-10
Use props
alphadrone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-10 23:19
Hi, there. You can view the sphere in the playback. If you find it blur in the sphere photos, please post the sphere photo here. Thanks for your support.

Here is a link to a 3D photo I took, albeit in low light... https://kuula.co/post/7l8Dj

Below then is a screen shot of a particular part. Multiple images seem to have areas that are not always seamless in the stitching. Perhaps I am too picky?

2018-2-12
Use props
Tweak88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 176096 ft
United States

I use the app called "Theta S" for the ipad and it seams to create some beautiful images and also has some nice features that apply to VR goggles
2018-2-13
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

use ThetaS!
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

alphadrone Posted at 2018-2-12 20:11
Here is a link to a 3D photo I took, albeit in low light... https://kuula.co/post/7l8Dj

Below then is a screen shot of a particular part. Multiple images seem to have areas that are not always seamless in the stitching. Perhaps I am too picky?

Please provide us the original photo from SD card for further check. You can upload it to dropbox or google. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules