Rear leds turn solid red when in flight
1018 8 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_1d3JnCPoNkDa
lvl.2
United States

New to my new phantom 4 standard. I have down loaded lastest firmware and I do my pre flight check in the dji go app, and everything goes well and says ready to fly.Once in the air the rear leds turn solid red, but I have not had any flight issues as of yet. Any idea's would be a great help.
2018-2-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Solid red in the rear means a general error.  it would be wise to land immediately.  Could it be your battery was ice cold?  
2018-2-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Page 12 in the manual, which can be downloaded from Here states that solid read status LEDs indicate a critical error.

I would do a factory reset and refresh firmware (DJI Assistant 2). Are you getting any notifications on screen ?

If you look in the 'General Settings' menu, if you tap on 'Warnings' (near bottom of menu). It will show a list of warning logs collected for each flight (where there were warnings). Have a look at the one for most recent flight where you had this problem, any indications ?

I would avoid flying until you get this resolved, if there was any genuine system failure then the P4 would crash.
2018-2-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Don't you get any warnings or information when it happen?
I have seen that during some "Battery Signal Error" and i also think it does it when battery get Low or Critical Low. This is a quite stupid combination of lights as you can't see the heading of the craft when flying in the dark ...
2018-2-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

So, the lights are green and when airborne, they turn red?  Hmmmm.  How long before this happens?
2018-2-6
Use props
djiuser_1d3JnCPoNkDa
lvl.2
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-6 08:37
So, the lights are green and when airborne, they turn red?  Hmmmm.  How long before this happens?

I think I know what is happening. I live in class D airspace. Now I need to know how to disable the no fly zone on the dji go app....Any idea's?
2018-2-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

djiuser_1d3JnCPoNkDa Posted at 2018-2-6 09:00
I think I know what is happening. I live in class D airspace. Now I need to know how to disable the no fly zone on the dji go app....Any idea's?

Go to unlock nfz on app.
2018-2-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_1d3JnCPoNkDa Posted at 2018-2-6 09:00
I think I know what is happening. I live in class D airspace. Now I need to know how to disable the no fly zone on the dji go app....Any idea's?

If you're in an NFZ it blinks red for five seconds, then reverts back to current status for 12 seconds before repeating ?

Note on page 56 of P4Pro manual Here

Edit:- I live in class D airspace, but four miles from the NFZ, all that I require to do is tick a box accepting responsibility for flight.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Generally, the solid red will appear if there are critically error. You can check the APP to confirm the exact status. If you are in a restricted area, the rear LEDs will flash red. Please confirm the exact status, thanks! Regarding the unlock, please check there: https://www.dji.com/flysafe/self-unlock
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules