Help with component replacement in phantom 3 advanced rc
3071 10 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vjanda1
lvl.1

Serbia

I have a Gl300c rc that has 2 faulty components.
Can someone please tell me what they are so that I can purchase and replace them.
Here is an image that shows their location on the board.
They are located to the left of the charging leds.
Help is much appreciated!
IMG-20180206-WA0006.jpg
2018-2-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably have to buy entire board.
2018-2-6
Use props
vjanda1
lvl.1

Serbia

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-6 14:13
Probably have to buy entire board.

Why would I do that?

Only 2 components that probably cost less the a couple of dollars are all that's wrong with the entire board.
2018-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

vjanda1 Posted at 2018-2-6 14:34
Why would I do that?

Only 2 components that probably cost less the a couple of dollars are all that's wrong with the entire board.

DJI do not publish schematic diagrams of their boards, in fact they do not replace them if they are faulty. If there is a fault, DJI exchange the whole board. If you don't know what components they are, then how do you know they are faulty?
2018-2-6
Use props
vjanda1
lvl.1

Serbia

Geebax Posted at 2018-2-6 14:43
DJI do not publish schematic diagrams of their boards, in fact they do not replace them if they are faulty. If there is a fault, DJI exchange the whole board. If you don't know what components they are, then how do you know they are faulty?

I have investigated the charging problem that myself and many hundreds of dji owners are having for the last 3 days straight.
I know for a FACT that the 2 voltage regulator components are causing the problem.
The battery is fully charged to 8.36v yet the dji app reports a 70% charge and the rc only flashes 3 lights and then cuts out.
Given that I paid over £1400 for a drone and accessories that has such widely reported problems I feel that dji can at least tell me where the components can be obtained or sell them to me. I am not asking for schematics, driver code or trade secret algorythms.
I am sure they would rather I paid another £170 for a new board on top of the drone and batteries I already bought that failed after 3 flights. The replacement is just as likely to have the fault with soldering issues that will cause the issue to reappear.
2018-2-6
Use props
Spacetrakker
First Officer
Flight distance : 115384 ft
Australia

vjanda1 Posted at 2018-2-6 16:03
I have investigated the charging problem that myself and many hundreds of dji owners are having for the last 3 days straight.
I know for a FACT that the 2 voltage regulator components are causing the problem.
The battery is fully charged to 8.36v yet the dji app reports a 70% charge and the rc only flashes 3 lights and then cuts out.

For a technical genius such as yourself, who can positively diagnose a couple of faulty components without so much as a schematic circuit diagram or details of the specific components,  you should be able to easily locate equivalent replacement parts from the many integrated circuit manufacturers worldwide !

For the rest of us, DJI make available replacement circuit boards or modules and offers an in house repair service !

Seems reasonable to me.....
2018-2-6
Use props
vjanda1
lvl.1

Hungary

Spacetrakker Posted at 2018-2-6 17:09
For a technical genius such as yourself, who can positively diagnose a couple of faulty components without so much as a schematic circuit diagram or details of the specific components,  you should be able to easily locate equivalent replacement parts from the many integrated circuit manufacturers worldwide !

For the rest of us, DJI make available replacement circuit boards or modules and offers an in house repair service !

170 euro replacement boards for new drones that cost over 1300 euros. Really?
I did not realise some people would consider this a good deal. Too rich or too ####.
2018-2-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I'm guessing you said "dumb".  Well, what about needing the board to fly again?   Makes sense to spend 170 to keep 1300 up in the air.
2018-2-7
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

8 pin chip on left could be a CW2015CSAD by Cell Wise, a battery level monitor chip. You may find it on eBay.Looks like it has a metal pad directly under the chip for heat transfer so it’s going to need carefully reflowed to get it off without surrounding parts getting detached.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry to tell you that the component is not available for sale and we do not suggest to repair at your end. If you need further assistance, please contact the support from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-7
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Buy a used 1 via eBay or carousell.. Some might crash their birds but not their rc...
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules