Spark After Update Having Video/Connection Issues
776 8 2018-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DEMIKE
New
United States

Bought my Spark early Jan 2018 and have had no major issues , but over the weekend of 2/3-2/4 i was aksed to update software. After completion where I could fly before was now a NFZ. I do understand I live w/in a few miles of an airport (WPB) and I also understand a Prez vaca's here. Tonight i was able to take off, but connectivity was on/off and video went from color/B&W. Battery full charge and I use controller (almost 3/4 full). I could not establish a non-wifi with the cables previously if that is going to be follow-up.  Any and all help is appreciated
2018-2-6
Use props
kenneth Wunschel
lvl.1

United States

IOS version works with otg cable /no wifi
Android version is not working as you might have found. however wifi appears to be a bit
more stable. have not confirmed flight yet   observing interference meters

2018-2-6
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Make sure your equipment is up to date man.
2018-2-6
Use props
BeastMaster_101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1082992 ft
Canada

Wait so it doesn't connect at all? It connects on the ground but you can't have stable image while flying? Can you please reply to this post with a little bit more detail? Thanks
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please tell me the version of your app. Did you try to update to the latest version and connect your spark again? Please provide us a screenshot with the error message. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-7
Use props
DEMIKE
New
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-2-6 17:41
Make sure your equipment is up to date man.

Sorry to reply so late. I updated as soon as it cam out of the box. I'll leave current summary at bottom. I thank you for you possibly snarky response.
2018-2-12
Use props
DEMIKE
New
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-7 22:55
Hi, there. Please tell me the version of your app. Did you try to update to the latest version and connect your spark again? Please provide us a screenshot with the error message. Thanks for your support.

Overall Status keeps saying "latest firmware". Still newbie to see what vers. it is. It does keep telling me to update the "fly safe" database after I've updated it several (3) times. I only did that, because I thought there was an issue  with my Samsung S6 AND S7. It seems this likes (not loves) Iphones and tolerates Android . When I mean tolerate, I mean, I expect to lose this thing someday, somewhere.
2018-2-12
Use props
DEMIKE
New
United States

BeastMaster_101 Posted at 2018-2-6 19:38
Wait so it doesn't connect at all? It connects on the ground but you can't have stable image while flying? Can you please reply to this post with a little bit more detail? Thanks

If you have drones named Kodo and Bodo, I salute you Mr. Hamilton and apologize for this late response. I did not get screen shots, but did take it out today and tried to document EVERYTHING, from battery status to on screen alerts.  Other than the newly annoying update to "fly safe" (did multi-times) , it flew as it previously did.  

I will try again tomorrow and try to provide update. Have I purchased a semi-expensive  toy that likes fruits and not robots?
2018-2-12
Use props
DEMIKE
New
United States

kenneth Wunschel Posted at 2018-2-6 15:51
IOS version works with otg cable /no wifi
Android version is not working as you might have found. however wifi appears to be a bit
more stable. have not confirmed flight yet   observing interference meters

Thanks Kenneth. After my research prior to purchase, let's just say that some online people did not make the distinction between fruits and droids for the direct link.  
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules