RC Wont Connect
1665 16 2018-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard and I cannot get the RC to connect to the DJI Go app.  I have tried to link the controller but the LED on the drone stays red.  I can connect to the drone via wifi and I can open the app but at the top it just says RC not connected.  I cannot control the camera or gimbal.  I did just replace the camera and gimbal and I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.  I have another Phantom 3 Standard that works just fine using the same phone to connect to the app.  Anybody else have this issue or know how to solve it???
2018-2-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Sounds like you are familiar with you standard, but do you know how to re-link the RC and aircraft? Look in your manual or search this forum if you don't know. I am sorry I cannot remember, but you need to force the re-link process, and then hit the button on your aircraft next to the LED. It should turn green within a few seconds. At least that is what it sounds like to me.
2018-2-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Ricardo is spot on.
2018-2-7
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-2-7 06:45
Sounds like you are familiar with you standard, but do you know how to re-link the RC and aircraft? Look in your manual or search this forum if you don't know. I am sorry I cannot remember, but you need to force the re-link process, and then hit the button on your aircraft next to the LED. It should turn green within a few seconds. At least that is what it sounds like to me.

Thanks Ricardo!  I did do this and still nothing.
2018-2-7
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

push the small light on the drone leg and hold it for 5 sek when the rc is on and see if the rc light turn to solid green
2018-2-7
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-2-7 09:23
push the small light on the drone leg and hold it for 5 sek when the rc is on and see if the rc light turn to solid green

I can get the controller to connect to the drone but I cant get it to connect to the DJI go app
2018-2-7
Use props
Rigger73
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378478 ft
Netherlands

Can this be done for the P4P and a Samsung Tab S2?

Having real problems with my RC not connecting to my tablet. No telemetry video nothing.

The RC is connecting to the Drone though, as the gimbal works just fine to the inputs I put into the controller.
2018-2-7
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

you are on the phantom wifi on the phone right??but if you are on your hom wifi it dosent work thrue the app
2018-2-7
Use props
Texas-Mark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23002 ft
United States

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-2-7 10:03
you are on the phantom wifi on the phone right??but if you are on your hom wifi it dosent work thrue the app

That is my question too. It sounds like he is not connected to the "Phantom" wifi. Even briefly turning off the controller can cause the phone/tablet to switch to another wifi.
2018-2-7
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Araya38 Posted at 2018-2-7 09:42
I can get the controller to connect to the drone but I cant get it to connect to the DJI go app

ok, so the RC is connected right? The light on your RC is green and you can start the motors etc.? As others had asked, you are connected to the phantom's WiFi correct? I guess I am a little confused about what you have going on. Does the LED on the phantom's camera show green or red? I remember working on one time and the aircraft was connected to the RC ok, but without an sd-card in the phantom I would get a red light on the gimbal.
2018-2-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Did you have a crash?  Sounds like it, to have replaced the entire gimbal and camera.
2018-2-7
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

Ok so I got this fixed.  I had to format the SD card.  Then I deleted the cache off the DJI app.  Then I deleted the app from my phone.  I re-installed the app and went thru the steps like it was the first time.  It told me there was an updated firmware available.  So I connected to my home wifi and downloaded the firmware.  I then turned my RC and drone on and downloaded the firmware.  Once it was done it finally connected tot he DJI go app.  But this was the only thing that worked for me.  I had read forums and tried everything else.  For some reason this worked and I am now able to fly and be connected to the app.
2018-2-7
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-2-7 14:17
Did you have a crash?  Sounds like it, to have replaced the entire gimbal and camera.

I did not have a crash but my son broke the gimbal. I just replaced the whole gimbal and camera with a new one.  Working on fixing the one that broke
2018-2-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Have a look for the wires are plugged in tight an look for wires are not damaged.
2018-2-7
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Try unplugging the wires on top of gimbal, then plug in again, also check the black and grey wires for a good solid connection. They are kind of difficult to fit back on connections.
2018-2-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Araya, may I know what's the current status? Could you connect with APP and get the live video?
2018-2-7
Use props
Araya38
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan, I am now back up and flying!
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules