2332 8 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39626 ft

Belgium

Good evening!

I have a little worry; I just did a mini night flight and I realized that my front red LEDs were off.

After looking at the documentation, I saw that there was a way to turn them off or on with DJI Go but it was not clear where.

I watched the videos on Youtube and saw that something was missing in my options.

The video says I have to do two things.
  • First, I can go into camera options to disable the auto-off front LEDs. (perhaps they turned off because of this option but they didn't turn back on)
  • Then I can go to the MC options, then "advanced settings", and there, all the way down, just before "propellers guards", I should find a switch on / off for the front LEDs. But this is not the case for me! In this menu, all the way down, I only have propellers guards and I do not have the switch for the LEDs ... So, not possible to turn them back on. Would any of you have an excellent idea?

I want to recover my red lights

Thank you!

2018-2-8
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2

Belgium

"Search before, ask after" is what I should have done.

Found it in another place : This switch disapeared few month ago and I need to switch LEDs on/off with C1/C2 buttons.

See ya!
2018-2-8
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The front lights automatically turn off when video is recording. The option to turn them on and off in the Go4 App (iOS) is found by touching the three dots top right, the drone icon, advanced settings at the bottom  and the lights option is right at the bottom.
2018-2-8
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2

Belgium

Hi Mullheliflier! :-)

Thank you for your answer but I think you read only the title and not the message ;-)
I wrote myself that it was possible to turn off the auto-off when recording...
I also wrote myself that the switch should be at the place you wrote...

... but it didn't ^^
Perhaps it will come back with a future updage on Android. I will use C1/C2 until that.
2018-2-8
Use props
Mullheliflier
First Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry! May be worth reinstalling the app, although you seem to be pretty switched on on what to do.
2018-2-8
Use props
Arkel
lvl.2

Belgium

It seems there's nothing to do for the app... It works with iOS like you give me confirmation but no more with Android.

C1 and C2 are used with other options actually and I will have to assignate this on/off switch. Bad thing but a half solution :-/

Thank you for your help Mullheliflier
2018-2-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dear Arkel.
Yes, actually, the setting of the switch of Android and IOS is different. We will forward this to our R&D department to see if it will be changed in the future.
Sincerely thanks for your concern and suggestion.
2018-2-8
Use props
ByTheWay
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73848 ft
United States

Yes, please. I'm an Android user and I don't have the switch on the advanced settings to turn them on or off. I do have the switch to set auto-turn off when recording video. I have not yet looked at programming the C1 (or C2) button to turn them on or off, but I was interesting in using fixed wing mode in which C1 and C2 are used for other purposes (C1 gets you into fixed wing mode and C2 out of it... looks like there's no choice about this once you've enabled fixed wing mode). Also, I'd like to turn the LEDs off w/o recording video. So a bad combination. Perhaps I can disable fixed wing mode, program C1 to turn the LEDs off, then re-enable fixed wing mode. Seems more complicated than it should be.
2018-8-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ByTheWay Posted at 2018-8-2 15:32
Yes, please. I'm an Android user and I don't have the switch on the advanced settings to turn them on or off. I do have the switch to set auto-turn off when recording video. I have not yet looked at programming the C1 (or C2) button to turn them on or off, but I was interesting in using fixed wing mode in which C1 and C2 are used for other purposes (C1 gets you into fixed wing mode and C2 out of it... looks like there's no choice about this once you've enabled fixed wing mode). Also, I'd like to turn the LEDs off w/o recording video. So a bad combination. Perhaps I can disable fixed wing mode, program C1 to turn the LEDs off, then re-enable fixed wing mode. Seems more complicated than it should be.

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, you can still assign the C1 to the fixed-wing mode and assign preferred setting on the C2 button because fixed-wing mode can be canceled by pushing down the right stick for 3 seconds. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules