Controller Beeping
697 13 2018-2-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

I have searched and found no posts on this subject. My P4 Pro+ controller makes a faint but contant beeping noise one second intervals after turning it off. Not immediately after turning it off - but about 5 minutes after turning it off. This beeping noise wears down the battery so I have to recharge the controller every time I fly.
2018-2-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Are all of your firmware updated?

It's surprising how many little things go into making the whole flight kit work together, correctly.

RedHotPoker
2018-2-8
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

The firmware is all up to date. While double-checking on that I see there is a request for Basic Fly Safe Databse Update. Now I have tried to update this several times . Each try at anywhere from 4% to 74% downloaded I get a connection error. I have tried WiFi at 3 different locations and the connection is always strong - but keep getting the same error.
2018-2-9
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

To finish my thoughts: Do you think that is what is causing this controller beeping while off? Is that a built in warning system of some sort? Have you heard of such download problems specifically only related to the Fly Safe Database?
2018-2-9
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

Update: I was finally able to get the Fly Safe Database updated. This did not stop the beeping while off issue. (Note: there is no faint beeping noise while the controller is on - only when it is off.)
2018-2-9
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

SupPackFan Posted at 2018-2-9 07:55
Update: I was finally able to get the Fly Safe Database updated. This did not stop the beeping while off issue. (Note: there is no faint beeping noise while the controller is on - only when it is off.)

I am still receiving no help with this frustrating problem. Let me explain again more clearly. My P4 PRO PLUS operates perfectly. All of the firmware is up to date and so is the Fly Safe Database. But when I power everything off the RC begins faintly 'beeping' every one second. This persists until the battery drains - which takes about 2 days without any use. (powered off the entire time).

I have noticed when I find an area with no WIFI signal the faint 'beeping' noise turns into a faint 'click-click' noise still every second - almost like a clock ticking. Either way the battery drains completely every 48 hours.

Can anybody explain this - or confirm I am not the only one with such an issue?
2018-3-2
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe try calibrating the RC?
2018-3-2
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

If you're sure you turn it off the correct way by the two step click on the power button below the sticks i would say your RC is defect.
My would do the beeping after 5 minutes if it goes to power save mode or if i just have turned the screen off on the button on top of the screen, not when powered off the DJI way.
2018-3-2
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-3-2 18:55
Maybe try calibrating the RC?

Yes. The controller has been calibrated
2018-3-3
Use props
SupPackFan
lvl.1
United States

KedDK Posted at 2018-3-2 22:46
If you're sure you turn it off the correct way by the two step click on the power button below the sticks i would say your RC is defect.
My would do the beeping after 5 minutes if it goes to power save mode or if i just have turned the screen off on the button on top of the screen, not when powered off the DJI way.

Yes. I am turning it off correctly. I have been flying DJI products for 4 years so I am quite well aware of all the typical issues. I have tried everything I can possibly think of and nothing stops the beeping and battery drain while everything is powered off.
2018-3-3
Use props
rbg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9633 ft
United States

have you resolved this issue yet -- i have the exact same issue.
2018-5-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

rbg Posted at 2018-5-17 14:00
have you resolved this issue yet -- i have the exact same issue.

If the controller is on and not actively being used it will bleep after five minutes as a reminder to switch it off. If it starts beeping when turned on, then a calibration of RC may sort it out.
2018-5-17
Use props
rbg
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-5-17 14:07
If the controller is on and not actively being used it will bleep after five minutes as a reminder to switch it off. If it starts beeping when turned on, then a calibration of RC may sort it out.

my controller beeps when i turn it off.
2018-5-17
Use props
rbg
lvl.1
United States

rbg Posted at 2018-5-17 15:33
my controller beeps when i turn it off.

To be exact: The controller even though it completely turned off emits a faint beep about one every second. I have reset, re-flashed, re-calibrated, re-paired to aircraft many many times.
2018-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules