Technical Question
1327 5 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoPete
New

Canada

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knows whether the inertial navigation system data (INS) for each image is available for either the Inspire or Phantom 3 platforms. The INS data is the geograophic coordinates of when the still frames are taken and the roll pitch and yaw of the gimble. Given that the system has a gimble and GPS i am assuming that this data may be available.

I appreciate your time,

Peter K.
2015-4-29
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try Photoshop if you have it or know someone with it or even a similar program. You are looking for "Metadata" that is where you will find it if the DJI program embeds in the file.
2015-4-30
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try Photoshop if you have it or know someone with it or even a similar program. You are looking for "Metadata" that is where you will find it if the DJI program embeds in the file.
2015-4-30
Use props
sbarryjackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Peter,
GPS location coordinates, as well as height are available on some that I just checked out. Gimbal orientation is not.
2015-4-30
Use props
triise
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1303471 ft
Norway

If you import to Adobe Lightroom 5 (or later) you'll get the photos displayed on a map with GPS coordinates in the metadata tab. I don't know about the gimbal X/Y/Z values, they are not in LR, but maybe they are stored somewhere in the flight log.
2015-4-30
Use props
GeoPete
New

Canada

Thank you for the responses everyone,

I did find one more post related to this question:
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13128

Which does given me some confidence that the flight logs would have this information (specifically the gimble data) and just require interpretation.
2015-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules