o(^-^)o
gkrause
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102454 ft
Germany

Hello,

here are some data for analysis (maybe it helps others):

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/J7YSG07EEJSIEQR50FFX/

Personally, I have never seen so many errors since I read in copter-forums.
Unfortunately, it's a China drone, so I certainly can not claim warranty and DJI will not like the temperatures too (even if I flew with the Phantom 3 at the same location 30 minutes before and after that, I think the flew was possible).
The batteries were preheated, the sensor values were green (IMU and compass), no magnetism at the starting point (I always test with my iPhone and an app), the small red arrow in the app indicated the right direction (alignment Kopter, see Captain Hallmark's info) and the firmware / software versions were up to date, so I had a 400m flight over a lake with my son. By the way, without a mistake.
Equipment: IPhone 6s with current software, remote control without OTG cable.
To the flight itself:
Looked good first (ok, too far and then also advised on a main road, I saw later), but then the first problems began.
But look for yourself.
The copter I could not save, the hill was too steep and smooth, that went too deep, maybe when the snow is gone (but is also 1 hour drive with the car).
Now I'm thinking about ordering a new spark or getting on the Mavic Air right away.

Best regards!

2018-2-9
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Ahh, I forgot to say that I almost saved the little spark, it was already in the landing process, but then suddenly the errors came again, the steering did not respond correctly to inputs and so I could not save them from the tree, into which she flew straight. Bad luck.
2018-2-9
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Looks like the little guy hit some strong winds up there and got jostled around a little.
2018-2-9
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Hi, there was no wind. I think, that‘s not the reason ;-)
2018-2-9
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Pity there is no error message about too many error messages. That would be just another level of awesome.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

gkrause Posted at 2018-2-9 11:03
Hi, there was no wind. I think, that‘s not the reason ;-)

Sir, did you get your spark back? If not, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you provide them flight records for further check. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-9 22:56
Sir, did you get your spark back? If not, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you provide them flight records for further check. Thanks for your support.

Thank you for your reply! The support page is certainly in English, right? Is there also a german support page? If so, that would be easier for me, if not, then I'll try it in English.
Unfortunately, the Spark's fallen into the hillside, there's a descent due to snow and ice currently too dangerous (30 m precipice). Maybe I can try it again in 1-2 weeks, when the snow should be gone.
I can gladly send you the flight logs from the mobile phone, then you can see what was happening at the time.
2018-2-10
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Sorry for your loss, looks it is the last in a row.... I am not an expert but all these "failed" flights reported have something in common. All, except two reported in this forum, are operated outside of visual. Metereoogical condition often don't comply with operational limits, for temperature and winds here and there.  First errors in navigation systems appear after a steep degree turn. Most of the "accidents" occurred in Europe are operated with aircrafts which don't comply with CE regulations, so I assume how a pilot can state "updated regular software in use" while aircraft's  wifi is evidently bricked somehow. Pilots often states there was no wind... but they don't seem to take into count that under 2km/h wind a 300 gr aircraft in atti mode  drifts at 1,0-1,5 km/h speed. Evidently a pilot who is 500 ft far from the craft has no perception or awareness of the situation and would be a witch to compensate wind drift just looking through the camera. At the end you should be glad you managed to bring it back even if the baby missed the parking lot....Just my two cents.
2018-2-10
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Of course, that's always a possibility, because I can not see it up there or in the distance, let alone measure winds. ;-)
And yes, I was happy that I got the Spark back to me (by the way, the speed was also partly like in sports mode, although I have always avoided that).
But I can say there was no wind when the Spark was landing.
Unfortunately, the errors came back suddenly while the Spark was landing and the aircraft did not respond or incorrectly to the stick inputs,
That's a pity.
2018-2-10
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Hello again,
I was there a second time with my family, but we didn't find the copter. It's too dangerous!
Now I did so like you said, I opened a case, but no one answered.
Perhaps actually the mavic air is more important?
Or someone didn't understand that my spark was flying away. I got only the instructions to send it to DJI Netherlands.
I thought maybe the story was not understood correctly because the place for the text was too short.
So I opened a second case and told the story til the end (and I named the 2nd case number).
But I got the instructions to send the copter to DJI again.
I do not know what's going on there???
Here are the 2 case numbers:
21. february: CAS-1486044-Y2L0W5
28. february: CAS-1505690-M0F8Z5
I also synced the flight logs from the last six months.
Maybe one of the administrators can take a look and help me out.
2018-3-3
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Hi Elektra, you have received a message.
2018-3-5
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Hi DJI Elektra, did you check why the DJI support does not understand the problem or why the support does not answer?
2018-3-6
Use props
gkrause
lvl.3
Germany

Hello? Is any admin reading this thread? If DJI Elektra is on vacation, then I ask that another admin take care of my case.
There are now 2 1/2 weeks passed and I did not get any answer from DJI Netherlands, neither for the first opened case nor for the second supplementary case.
I think that is shaming after a good two weeks and no example for very good support.

I did not pay 540 EUR for the spark copter, he flew away, I told the story, I opened a case, I synchronise the flight records from the last 6 months and now no one answer me!

2018-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules