SanDisk memory for phatom 4 pro?
550 8 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ande
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264308 ft
Sweden

Does this memory work with dji pahtom 4 pro? SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card

memory

memory
2018-2-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Should work great.  Best you can buy.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

That’s what I use. It’s fast and no issues at all.
2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans417abfbd Posted at 2018-2-9 23:49
That’s what I use. It’s fast and no issues at all.

Do you know if there is any improvement in save speed compared to the regular Extreme (not Pro) card or is the Phantom the bottleneck?
2018-2-10
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
Thailand

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-10 04:06
Do you know if there is any improvement in save speed compared to the regular Extreme (not Pro) card or is the Phantom the bottleneck?

I’m afraid I can not comment with any authority as I haven tried the regular extreme card.
2018-2-10
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

Best there is , should work well
From my understanding the 64gb extreme has a write speed of 60mb/s and the pro 90mb/s , however if you increased the capacity of the extreme to 128gb the write speed is 90mb/s whereas  the pro range remains constant  at 90mb/s .
i think off the top of my head the p4p can write up to 100mb/s on the 4k/60fps setting ( good for slow mo stuff ) . i think it all comes down to what quality video you want to capture and your budget , the pro cards can get expensive.

2018-2-10
Use props
DEUCEDOG
First Officer
Flight distance : 2501575 ft
United Kingdom

OK ....just had a quick flick through the card specs , there are alot more options than i thought , read and write speeds vary  from  capacity  and type so i think it  can all come down  what quality film you are after and the read speed in the edit... have i just opened a big can of worms ?  
2018-2-10
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

DEUCEDOG Posted at 2018-2-10 06:24
Best there is , should work well
From my understanding the 64gb extreme has a write speed of 60mb/s and the pro 90mb/s , however if you increased the capacity of the extreme to 128gb the write speed is 90mb/s whereas  the pro range remains constant  at 90mb/s .
i think off the top of my head the p4p can write up to 100mb/s on the 4k/60fps setting ( good for slow mo stuff ) . i think it all comes down to what quality video you want to capture and your budget , the pro cards can get expensive.

Not sure if i now will confuse you even more or if you are aware but ...
Spec of the cards are based on MB/s eg. 60MB/s/90MB/s note the capital, this is Mega Bytes.
The speed of your recordings would be noted as Mb/s, eg. 100Mb/s, this is Mega bit.

In other words on the paper a card with a speed of 12.5MB/s should do the job, but there is more going on so lets be nice and round it and say that a card with a write speed of 15MB/s actually should be able to save a recording of 100Mb/s.

Still the above is paper numbers as the 100Mb/s would be an average number, this can be higher and this could be lower depending on the change of the image. Also i am sure the card speed would be specified as the ideal speed. As the card get filled and even more if it get fragmented after deletion of some files without a clean format over time there would be a reduction of the actual write speed.
I have seen a recommendation from the Admins that we should make use of 30MB/s cards and higher.

What i am missing is the actual speed the SD writer in the crafts can actually deliver, if it can not take advantage of a card faster than 30MB/s, then it would be a waste of money buying one, on the other hand as shooting photos with JPG+RAW it would be worth it all if the time to save the pictures to the card was reduced corresponding.

This all in all was what made me wonder if anyone has seen any advantage with use of the Extreme Pro (90MB/s) compared to the regular Extreme (60MB/s).
2018-2-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

fans417abfbd Posted at 2018-2-10 05:12
I’m afraid I can not comment with any authority as I haven tried the regular extreme card.

Thank you, was just wondering, my reply above should tell why.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules