571 5 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chemaster
New
Flight distance : 4311 ft
United States

First time post here.

First off, I receive my 1st drone (air) Tuesday and love it having flown only three times.

Setup, Air, standard controller to fly with attached for camera only.

Question: at longest distance out 3000 feet the video on iPhone becomes choppy at times? Is this expected?

Terrain country and above trees
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Trees are well known for soaking up signal so would recommend being careful flying at distance close over trees.
2018-2-9
Use props
Soloflight79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546138 ft
United States

Added others are saying if you unplug the micro usb and use the USB in the bottom center of the controller with an iPhone plug its more stable video feed, your recordings however should not have this choppiness, also fly a bit higher over the trees or obstacles to its more of a clear shot for the signal to read the drone. Have fun
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If the environment is complicated around, it could be normal. Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in an open wide area. Check the antennas position of the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. And please note to check the noise on the WiFi settings, you can choose a channel with less interference. Hope it provides some help.

2018-2-10
Use props
Chemaster
New
United States

Thanks for all the suggestions and points well taken on all as my education begins.

On a different topic to Admin. Please note the url link within the email link received from DJI Forums contained a url error. The correct link was prefixed with file://

file://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=134375&pid=1189741&utm_medium=forum

Of course, this is a minor issue.

Thanks again for the assistance!
2018-2-10
Use props
Chemaster
New
United States

Chemaster Posted at 2018-2-10 08:22
Thanks for all the suggestions and points well taken on all as my education begins.

On a different topic to Admin. Please note the url link within the email link received from DJI Forums contained a url error. The correct link was prefixed with file://

Strange, the link worked fine from the same email client on a PC.

The error was generated on email retrieve via my iPAD but now I'm on my notebook (ok).

Oh, well ...
2018-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules