Camera reset to center when I begin shooting
456 4 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa345b667
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

Just got my inspire 2 and have been getting ready for my first trip out with it but there's a strange issue in that I can rotate and point the camera gimbal, but the second I try to take a photo or start recording video it snaps back level and pointing straight ahead.

Does anyone else have this issue? It feels like a software option but i dont know why you'd ever have anything like this turned on. I have tried searching for 'gimbal reset on photo' and a few other things but couldnt find any mention of it.

Also a side question - did anyone else not get to pick their username on this forum? I have my account on the main website, came here and was already logged in with this username. the email to activate my account was set up with the right email address already.  strange.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please tell me the firmware of your drone. Are you using X5S? What is the version of your app? It will be helpful if you can shoot a video about this situation. Please enter personal homepage and change the name you want. Thanks for your support.
2018-2-9
Use props
fansa345b667
lvl.1
United States

It's all newest firmware - update process took forever but I did it all before shooting anything. X5s. Newest app too - using the credence and clearsky monitor.
I will make a video on Monday.
2018-2-10
Use props
fansa345b667
lvl.1
United States

Just turned it on and now all of a sudden there's a firmware update - which it wasnt telling me about before the weekend.
However now I have issue #2 - there's no way to actually press the button which updates the firmware. please see this thread - https://forum.dji.com/thread-134967-1-1.html
2018-2-12
Use props
fansa345b667
lvl.1
United States

Here's is the camera snapping back to center issue

it's pretty weird. why does it do this.
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules