Mavic Distance Goggles
1191 4 2018-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans60af5176
lvl.1

Australia

When you pair the mavic air with the dji goggles you loose your ability to use the phone. This is because you cannot use the usb and micro usb connection on the controller at the same time. I find that without the phone and just using the goggles your mavic distance is limited to about 50m from the home point. DJI was is this the case? Can if be changed
2018-2-9
Use props
fans613f94c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46821 ft
United States

Apparently if you first have a phone or tablet connected and start the go app, then disconnect the phone and connect the goggles, it will bypass the distance restrictions. Have not tried it yet because of bad weather, but read this in numerous other posts.
2018-2-11
Use props
AJM1980
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-11 20:09
Correct.  Just remember "you only have to sign in once" but you have to be connected (thus actively signed in & connected) to fly further than 50 meters.

Any questions about why you shouldn't update your firmware or app?

Sure.  Why shouldn't you update your firmware or app............?
2018-2-13
Use props
AJM1980
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-13 23:39
It was actually a rhetorical question but do you want to take a quiz for each bird you own (I have 8)  every time the app updates before being allowed to fly?  If you use DJI goggles do you want to waste time & power starting up with your phone or tablet first, then connect the goggles, each time you fly?  Do you want to travel to a remote location to fly only to discover that overnight an app update installed & now you can't fly because you aren't signed in & can't because you have no internet access?  Do you want your personal information, including the physical location of you & your drone, broadcast to the world?  Lastly the removal of the ability to roll-back via the Go app or Assistant means you are stuck with whatever bugs are introduced with an update until the next update.

My opinion is if the drone is flying well leave things alone.  Unless an update corrects a major bug or adds a must-have feature what is gained?  With each update you are only willingly cinching the noose a bit tighter...

Umm.....I didn't ask for any opinion about firmware updates but thanks for sharing. What does the current Goggles set up have to do with your issues about firmware updates?  I bought the Mavic Air and I bought the goggles, knowing that it was a wired connection and because of the clear picture compared to other goggles.  It's currently the best out there.  No, it's not ideal for me to have to use my phone, then plug the goggles in but it is what it is.  It's a small sacrifice to be able to get a quality FPV view.  Unless you have a Mavic Pro, there's nothing better out there...
2018-2-14
Use props
AJM1980
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-2-14 08:10
Are you the same AJM1980 who posted this in #4?  Sure looks like you were asking my opinion

[view_image][/img]

Absolutely and I knew your question was rhetorical but I didn't want a whole story.  I'm pretty happy with what I have.
2018-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules