1243 17 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zapiture
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7292913 ft
South Africa

Hello to all,

This is my first post on the forum. I'm from South Africa and have done my first video from a recent trip around Namibia. I'd value feedback so I can improve:

2018-2-10
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yesh man looks cool  , very adventureous. Did you also go to etosha? I will be going in april. Do you know if they ask if you carry a drone with you? If so did they seal in a sealbag? I am little bit worried that they will confiscate the drone. Ofcourse i am absolutley not intending to fly. I even got a permit from authorities. Please let me know and looking forward to see some more clips from your trip
2018-2-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
2018-2-10
Use props
mickongen
First Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Nice movie...
2018-2-10
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

cool first clip, well done. Nice sound track, good smooth filming. You got nd filters? if no, i recommend them - happy flying. Watch out for the wind. Mavic handles wind very well which gives newbies a misplaced sense of security. stay low and slow as long as you can, thats where some of the best footage is taken. when you start to spread your wings (flying higher and further) first thing i recommend is to get practice with sport mode - practice accessing it so it becomes second nature (if the wind picks up and you are far from home, sport mode is what you gonna need) and practice flying in sport mode to get used to the responsiveness and how to manage controling it. sport is actually really easy to fly in , just needs a bit of practice - when the time is right for you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

for a first , hey man you done well!

2018-2-11
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

Nice Adventure - Thanks for sharing
2018-2-11
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Nice video
2018-2-11
Use props
rikk08
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Awesome vidsss watched this and all your videos about Namibia, super excited to go.
2018-3-1
Use props
lekiam
lvl.1
Spain

What a spectacular place, we will travel to Namibia in July, I had planned to take my Mavic air but I have read that you have to request permission from the authorities. You had a problem at the airport, you requested permission to use the drone. Best regards
2018-4-4
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

nice shots. thanks a lot for sharing
2018-4-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Excellente
2018-4-4
Use props
Quint Kloppers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7292913 ft
South Africa

lekiam Posted at 2018-4-4 11:44
What a spectacular place, we will travel to Namibia in July, I had planned to take my Mavic air but I have read that you have to request permission from the authorities. You had a problem at the airport, you requested permission to use the drone. Best regards

Hi there,

I live in South Africa so we took an overland trip through  Botswana to Namibia. Officially you need a permit  as a hobbyist  at around $100.  Yet there was no request to present the document at any stage during our trip.

Short of giving you a guarantee I'm confident you will not have an issue bringing it in unless you have a commercial intent.

I always made sure that I had consent from a ranger to film. Just dont use your drones near any wildlife reserve.
2018-4-10
Use props
maurom82
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143757 ft
Italy

Very beautiful!!! Thanks a lot!!!
2018-4-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great footage   
2018-4-12
Use props
kfloke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149961 ft
Singapore

Very nice to watch and the music is nice too
2018-4-12
Use props
uavsystemsintl
lvl.1
Canada

Quint Kloppers Posted at 2018-4-10 23:56
Hi there,

I live in South Africa so we took an overland trip through  Botswana to Namibia. Officially you need a permit  as a hobbyist  at around $100.  Yet there was no request to present the document at any stage during our trip.

It can be hit or miss, but if you are caught with the drone the authorities may seize it, or issue a large fine. They have been trying to clamp down on users without a permit due to the disruption people were causing flying their drones unregulated around animals.

You are less likely to have it caught if you are coming in from a land border, but the airport is likely they will see it. Without a permit, they will keep it at the airport and you can pick it up on your way out of the country.

You can get a permit via the Namibia government directly, the process takes quite a while and requires you to list exactly where you will fly the drone. Alternatively, we can obtain the permit on your behalf for a small fee, The laws for Namibia are quite strict since the country has had a lot of issues with people buzzing animals on the reserves. There is a permit required to bring your drone into the country, otherwise, it will be held at the airport until your departure. To get the permit you will need to provide a list of all the locations you intend to fly your drone. The permit can be obtained through the Namibia government directly, or we can obtain one for you for a small fee.

Namibia Drone Laws & Permits

Let me know if you have any questions and I would be happy to help!
2018-7-3
Use props
dronybaloney
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I went in april this year to namibia, also went through the bureaucratic procedure of applying for this permit, paid 75 euros, and you guessed already. Nobody asked for it , mind you in the desert the only living creature i saw who looked very mean, was an ostrichbird. Even if someone from the authorities will stop you , they probably havnt got a clue that such permitt exist. Only in the national parks they are aware and you shouldnot use a drone there. In etosha park it will be sealed.please see this thread of what i filmed that time :https://forum.dji.com/thread-146119-1-1.html

2018-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules