Mavic Air with IPad Mini 2 Cable
6922 12 2018-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

I have an iPad mini 2 and the Mavic Air. Am I supposed to buy a cable that will run the length to my iPad mini connector? Sorry for the newb question I just have no clue. I see the cable they included seems to be for a phone. Thanks!
2018-2-10
Use props
NebbyChico
lvl.2

United States

Use a standard charge cable for your device and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the controller
2018-2-10
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

NebbyChico Posted at 2018-2-10 11:51
Use a standard charge cable for your device and plug it into the USB port on the bottom of the controller

Thanks so much, really appreciate it.
2018-2-10
Use props
Kyle Stones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

cantflyalick Posted at 2018-2-10 11:59
Thanks so much, really appreciate it.

That’s what I’m doing in the meantime while my iPad mount and 1 foot lightning cable are in the mail
2018-2-10
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

United States

Kyle Stones Posted at 2018-2-10 13:44
That’s what I’m doing in the meantime while my iPad mount and 1 foot lightning cable are in the mail

Yeah, I was going to ask... so a 12 inch cable would be a good length to look for I take it? Or shorter if I don't have the mount. I'll figure something out but the air is so new it is slow to get it all figured.
2018-2-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yep, you can use your original iPad mini 2 lightning cable for connecting via the bottom USB port. Note to remove the micro USB port on the left side when connecting the bottom port. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
A1exB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I tried to connect my ipad mini to my Mavic Air controller today. Using the charging cable via the USB port. In the app I was able to get to step 4 which wanted me to connect the cable on the left of the controller which I couldn't do. How do I get past this stage.
App works fine using iPhone. Ipad is wifi only.
2018-2-15
Use props
Air 1660
lvl.2
United States

A1exB Posted at 2018-2-15 05:14
I tried to connect my ipad mini to my Mavic Air controller today. Using the charging cable via the USB port. In the app I was able to get to step 4 which wanted me to connect the cable on the left of the controller which I couldn't do. How do I get past this stage.
App works fine using iPhone. Ipad is wifi only.

I took the cable for the phone out and it works fine, the only thing that bothers me is step three, I have to keep my cable disconnected from the iPad till step three and then plug it in. Won’t work any other way for me
2018-2-15
Use props
fans9838c14c
lvl.1
United States

Does the iPad mini  fifth generation work with Mavic Air?
2018-4-5
Use props
fans9838c14c
lvl.1
United States

Does iPad mini fifth generation , work with Mavic Air?
2018-4-5
Use props
djiuser_dITooqzozN2m
New
France

Hi guys !

First of all sorry for my english, I'm french
I have a iPad mini 2 I would like to use with my mavic air.

I feel like there is 2 ways to make the connexion possible.
1- ipad lightning port to usb port on the bottom middle of the controler
2- ipad lightning port to left sile usb-c (?) connector.

Is that same result ? or should I prefere one way of doing that connection ?
More than this, I think I have see some guys complaining on youtube that connecting to the middle usb port affect video flow/quality on the ipad.
Am I wrong ?

Thanks.
2018-4-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Most people use the large middle usb port on the controller to the lighting connection on the Ipad Mini,  as it's easier to get a usb to lightning cable.

I haven't seen any issues connecting via the central port on the performance of DJI Go 4
2018-4-15
Use props
tabasko
New
France

Thanks lannes for your reply.

As I'm not english, I don't understand everything well, but please look at this video at  0'54''  :

I feel like he is saying that an iPad mini 2 is bad
2018-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules