4447 16 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peter Powers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 113773 ft
Finland

Hey everyone,

after quite some adventure my mavic air finally arrived last week, and I took it out for the first time today - I did enjoy the experience of flying with it,
but when I came home and checked my photo/video footage, it all has a darker spot on the upper right side.
I did check the lens for dirt, and it looked clean, i grabbed a microfiber lens cleaning cloth, and cleaned it anyways,
just to make sure, but when I turned it on, the dark spot was still there.

has anyone else experienced this Problem, and if so found a solution?

best regards,
PP

PS: attached some pictures which show the problem, those pics are edited only for the size, so the forum would allow the upload.

DJI_0005_reduced.jpg DJI_0007_reduced.jpg DJI_0009_reduced.jpg
2018-2-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

Try taking a photo of the sensor with a good camera and zoom way in to see if there is debris. It must be under the glass.
2018-2-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This looks like some sort of smudge or debris on the inside of the lens - you'll need to send it back for replacement.
2018-2-11
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

United States

This is not good. Looks like your MA was made during the sand storm so some of debris stuck somewhere in the camera... potential places are lens and sensor.
2018-2-11
Use props
Peter Powers
lvl.2
Finland

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 08:59
Try taking a photo of the sensor with a good camera and zoom way in to see if there is debris. It must be under the glass.

mh, i just tried to do that, but i guess my little rx100 aint good enough for that - can't see anything but shiny colors from the light reflections
2018-2-11
Use props
Peter Powers
lvl.2
Finland

A CW Posted at 2018-2-11 09:01
This looks like some sort of smudge or debris on the inside of the lens - you'll need to send it back for replacement.

damn there's no way to clean that myself?

as I mentioned, getting the drone to me was a bit of an adventure, and if i send it in, getting it to me again might be even harder (I'm currently traveling a lot).

My insurance is probably not going to like when i ask them to switch back to the sparks S/N as well
well, i guess i'll have to contact DJI's support on Monday then, thanks for your answers.
2018-2-11
Use props
TomFI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3416575 ft
Finland

I have a dark spot in Mavic Pro.  It is disturbing only in wintertime so I did not claim a replacement during warranty time.  Any idea if DJI could replace the camera after warranty or do I have to accept this is just bad chinese quality control?  Here is some footage: https://www.facebook.com/aholato ... 5/10216546853358289
2019-2-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Peter Powers Posted at 2018-2-11 09:20

as I mentioned, getting the drone to me was a bit of an adventure, and if i send it in, getting it to me again might be even harder (I'm currently traveling a lot).

If the spot goes away, then it could be condensation. If it persists, then it is mostly likely dust on the sensor.

Condensation problems will go away with temperature equalization, dust hardly ever dislodges from the sensor and has to be returned for replacement.

Luckily you're under warranty, but see if the problem persists before sending it back. Good luck.
2019-2-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

TomFI Posted at 2-11 13:07
I have a dark spot in Mavic Pro.  It is disturbing only in wintertime so I did not claim a replacement during warranty time.  Any idea if DJI could replace the camera after warranty or do I have to accept this is just bad chinese quality control?  Here is some footage: https://www.facebook.com/aholatom/videos/o.692554524231005/10216546853358289

Ugh. Shame you didn't notice this before the warranty expired -- guess you could throw yourself on the mercy of DJI support and see what happens. Good luck.
2019-2-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Peter Powers Posted at 2018-2-11 09:20

It looks like a dust spot.  I don't know of any easy way to clean drone's camera assembly.   Not easily opened and very small to work on.

Whereas on DSLR with removable lens, you can buy sensor cleaning kits.  And with a delicate touch, clean fragile thin glass plates (filters) that cover actual sensor.  A cleaning skill needed more with mirror-less cameras that have removable lens.  
2019-2-11
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

The ring/lens of the Mavic Air is unscrewable just as like a bottle cap, try to remove it and give it a clean from the inside.
2019-2-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

TwentyThrill Posted at 2-11 16:32
The ring/lens of the Mavic Air is unscrewable just as like a bottle cap, try to remove it and give it a clean from the inside.
[view_image]

Thats not actually removing the lens and exposing the sensor, is it? I thought that was just a protective glass that can be replaced with density filters.
2019-2-11
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2-11 16:56
Thats not actually removing the lens and exposing the sensor, is it? I thought that was just a protective glass that can be replaced with density filters.

You're right, is just a protective glass, but if he's lucky the dust dot could be inside there, is worth to check.
2019-2-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

TwentyThrill Posted at 2-11 17:45
You're right, is just a protective glass, but if he's lucky the dust dot could be inside there, is worth to check.

Agreed, worth a shot.
2019-2-12
Use props
JVN
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello. did you solve the problem ? I jhave the same.
2019-2-25
Use props
JVN
lvl.1

Brazil

2019-2-25
Use props
djiuser_mcseC5hpbUXl
New
Nepal

I had this problem in my mini 2.

You can remove it by pushing the lens forcefully downwards and the lens will start to vibrate and to stop it touch the lens ... Do this for some time and your dark spot will be removed.
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules