LOCKED OUT OF YOUR INSPIRE-1 FOR NOT UPGRADING FIRMWARE ISSUE!
1883 6 2015-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
barret.lee
New

United States

OK, I am LIVID regarding the "INSPIRE 1"'s system regarding thier "FIRMWARE' update policy,situation,communist control or whatever you want to call it. Let me explain what happened & why I am "LIVID" or "EXTREMELY PO'ed OFF" at DJI regarding my brand new never flown "INSPIRE 1".!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my new "I-1" last Monday. I am a previous owner of a Phantom Vision & still own my Phantom Vision +. I have been flying them for over 14 months. AFter I opened up the box that my "I-1" was shipped in & checked everything, I downloaded the DJI Pilot's App. After I had the App downloaded on my Iphone-6+, I then sync'ed up everything to see that all the systems were working. Everything seemed to be OK, but I was seeing a warning that I needed to upgrade the firmware on the; 1-Drone 2-R/C 3-Camera & Gimbel. The unit would have flown right at that moment, but I was not ready to fly it yet, as I still needed to become familiar with the unfamilar systems.

Here is where where the BS begins!!!
Several days later I was ready to fly it for the first time. I got everything setup for flight, but I was locked out from flying by DJI until I upgraded the items mentioned from a few days earlier. I upgraded the Drone & the R/C in minutes without incident. However when I attempted to upgrade the Camera & Gimbel firmware it would not work. I had watched Youtube inst. videos for hours explaining how to do this procedure successfully. I then watched several more hours of the people who had uploaded inst. videos of how to troubleshoot problems with firmware upgrades of the Camera & Gimbel mechanism. After trying & exhausting all of the numerous different tips & tricks that are not listed in any of the I-1 manuals, I only had one thing left to try & that was using the 24-hour online DJI I-1 product support. It was a Sunday so I didn't have the option of speaking to anyone on the phone. So long story short after 2 1/2 hours later I was informed that I needed to contact the USA dealer I purchased the unit from. The DJI tech. person stated that there had been a corruption of the system via the firmware? I downloaded some info from the Drone onto a USB data file & was able to attach that inof via a file to the DJI Tech person online.
I spoke to the Dealer's Tech person, that I purchased the I-1 from on Monday, and they said I needed to mail it back to them as the system was corrupted, most likely from the firmware update. {BOY DOES THIS BS SURE SOUND FAMILIAR OR WHAT}!!!
What chaps my A_ _ the most is this "LOCKING YOU OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM PREVENTING YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO FLY BS - BECAUSE OF THIS FIRMWARE UPDATE"!!! NAME ANOTHER PRODUCT IN OUR NON-COMMUNIST COUNTRY, THAT DOES THIS???!!! Name a SINGLE PRODUCT!!! We don't do that in the USA!!! It's not done in any product I know of (least of all a hobby item), other than when a court ordered device is installed to do it; such as a device that a person convicted of numerous DWI's must blow into in order to start their vehicle, registering that they have a BAC% in accordance with the mandated court order! Other than something like that, I really don't see it happening. Least of all when DJI doesn't do it with the other Drones they sell!!!
I know that I'm going to hear or read comments stating how it could prevent a crash to your Drone saving your equipment or from injury to someone!
I CALL BS ON THAT FOR THE REASON OF THE DRONE BEING ABLE TO OPERATE THE DAY I FIRST TURNED ON THE SYSTEM, WHICH STATED THAT THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE WAS NEEDED,YET I COULD STILL FLY THE THING ON THAT DAY & LEADING UP TO THE SUNDAY THE LOCKOUT TOOK PLACE! (I just watched an expert who did an Youtube review over this system & had the exact same thing happen to him during his review,without the corrupted firmware issue)It wasn't until several days later that they did the lockout! I have read & watched numerous comments& Youtube videos with the EXACT same complaint as I have!!! So I am not alone with my anger!

So now I have to wait weeks to even get the thing back! So far I'm not happy! And I think that this MANDANTORY FIRMWARE UPGRADE OR GET LOCKED OUT BS NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drone-Outlaw

2015-4-29
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dude, u should sell that flippin bird before you give yourself, (and us) a heart attack !!!
The I1 is nothing but problems for you, you should sell it b4 it falls off the table and breaks.
You created your account in Oct and only come here now to flip out?
Sell your bird while it still has worth, trust me on this my friend, the I1 is NOT for everybody.
(and should NOT have been marketed that way) -

Bob Marley :@

2015-4-29
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I feel your frustration. I don't quite understand why firmware updates work for some and not others. Its certainly needs to be made more bulletproof than it currently is.
2015-4-30
Use props
clay.seddon
lvl.1

United States

I like how I did the update and they reduced their video signals and now my inspire wont even get a signal for video streaming..  Was told sorry...
So sell me a product with numerous video channels then change it and not allow it to work.. Seems like a law suit time.
2015-4-30
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

clay.seddon@yah Posted at 2015-5-1 07:34
sell me a product with numerous video channels then change it and not allow it to work.. Seems like a law suit time.

No much they could do once they found that the other channels violated FCC regulations.
2015-4-30
Use props
clay.seddon
lvl.1

United States

seems like they didnt do their homework and need to offer people who now have a paper weight something in return.. too late for refund from the place i bought it.  
2015-5-2
Use props
jeff
lvl.1

United States

clay.seddon@yah Posted at 2015-5-1 07:34
I like how I did the update and they reduced their video signals and now my inspire wont even get a  ...

because of FCC regulations they were required to lower the channels to what we have now or the FCC would have shut them down completely.  Their fault for not knowing this when they rolled it out but still not their fault the law is what is is
2015-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules