Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dmurphynj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 757562 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi all -

I have a Mavic Pro, with firmware 1.04.0300 (I've also tried 1.04.0200 and 1.04.0100).

Controller is also updated to 1.04.0300.

Device is iPhone X (iOS 11.2.5); I've also tried an iPad Pro (iOS 11.2.2)

When launching DJI GO 4, I am trying to activate Pano mode.  It is not showing up in the list of available modes (I only see Single Shot, HDR Shot, Multiple, AEB and Timed Shot.)

Also when in multiple flight mode, I can only pick Normal, ActiveTrack, TapFly, Cinematic Mode, Tripod, Terrain Follow, POI, Follow Me Mode, Waypoints, Hoem Lock and Course Lock. QuickShots DOES NOT APPEAR.

I am also having an issue in "Visual Navigation Settings" - turning on "Enable Horizontal Obstacle Avoidance in TapFly", "Enable Backward Flying" and "Enable Obstacle Avoidance in ActiveTrack" do not work.  I can turn the switches on, but they do not "save settings".

I've tried reloading firmware several times (all 3 versions that support these modes!)
I've tried reloading DJI GO 4 several times.
I've tried a Factory Reset in DJI Assistant 2 (Mac)

And nothing -- I cannot get these modes to appear at all.

Does anyone have ANY suggestions on how to make these features work?  I don't mind doing a FULL reset of the Mavic - I would happily erase all the settings and content to make this work.

Help!

--Dennis Murphy

2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Also I should note - I started working with DJI on this issue last week with a tech support chat, and they said it had to be sent to engineering, and I would hear from them.  I haven't heard anything.  And now I look and my DJI Care Refresh expired over the weekend!!  I hope that DJI is willing to work with me to fix this issue even if we have to replace the Mavic with DJI Care Refresh since I started the process last week.

Thanks everyone.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

... and now I am trying DJI Assistant 2 on Windows... cannot calibrate the vision sensors here either.

I tried doing a Windows restart and disabled "driver verification"... so any suggestions from anyone?  I suspect this is related to why Pano and QuickShot mode aren't appearing!  And DJI Support - I will call tomorrow to open a case, hopefully I won't have an issue since my DJI Care expired over the weekend.  Reaching out via Chat last week should be enough to show I've had this problem prior to expiration, right?  Thank you!

2018-2-11
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

Try to use another computer. Install the DJI Assistant application on another PC. If it helps, delete all your usb drivers on your PC. Then reinstall yourself by simply connecting the MP to your computer
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sica Posted at 2018-2-11 12:51
Try to use another computer. Install the DJI Assistant application on another PC. If it helps, delete all your usb drivers on your PC. Then reinstall yourself by simply connecting the MP to your computer

I've done that on two computers now; both an iMac (with macOS) and a Windows 10 PC (Intel NUC) with a fresh copy of Windows.

No luck.
2018-2-11
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

try with another usb cable
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

integer Posted at 2018-2-11 13:20
try with another usb cable

Did that too.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

What version of GO4 are you using? Is the drone on and connected to the app when trying to change settings? Do not send it to DJI for these problems, they are not hardware problems. You will regret it.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 14:15
What version of GO4 are you using? Is the drone on and connected to the app when trying to change settings? Do not send it to DJI for these problems, they are not hardware problems. You will regret it.

Jeff - it’s Go 4.2.5.   How did I miss posting that?  Sorry!

I can’t make the vision sensors come on, nor can I calibrate them from DJI Assistant on Mac or Windows.   No radar lines in GO4, no Pano mode, no Quickshot mode.  I think the sensors are somehow failed but in a way which they report “Normal” under system status.

Tried several firmware versions, several GO4 versions, several iOS versions, multiple devices.  Reset to Factory defaults.  Not sure what else to try now?.  
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 14:15

And yes, of course it’s on and connected.  I’ve tried both on the ground and inflight.  No go.
2018-2-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

Do you have the real time radar chart enabled? I have a feeling this is more of a software issue. I had an alpine white Mavic for a few days and I also could not access quickshot modes. I was using an iPad mini4 and all the latest firmwares. I returned it to get the Mavic Air but it sounds like we have the same issue.
Will the Mavic avoidance work at all?

The vision calibration failing is a pretty common occurrence.  Are you using assistant 1.2.2? In your screenshot it says to reboot aircraft. If you access data upload or the flight logs it will put it in a mode that will not allow other uses until restart.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:51
Do you have the real time radar chart enabled? I have a feeling this is more of a software issue. I had an alpine white Mavic for a few days and I also could not access quickshot modes. I was using an iPad mini4 and all the latest firmwares. I returned it to get the Mavic Air but it sounds like we have the same issue.

Thanks Jeff!  I do have the radar charts turned on ...  but they never appear.  Avoidance does not work either.  There's also a few options (i.e. OA during TapFly, enable Reverse flying) that won't enable at all.  I see them, can set the slider to on, but the setting does not stick.  There's something up with the OA sensors on this bird.

As for the DJI Assistant "Please reboot.." message.  That's if I start Assistant and go directly to Calibration.  I don't enter the data-transfer mode (or what we used to call Flight Data Mode in the bad old days on the P3P) - go straight to Calibration and "Start Calibration" never enables.

Also, if I reset the bird and either the PC or iMac, and go directly to Data Upload, that never works either.

I've done a "restore factory defaults" as well - no change.

Definitely something going on ...  given the 3 different firmware levels I've tried, two computers, two devices (iPhone & iPad), two different iOS revisions... not sure what else I can try at this point.  I do think it's hardware; or if not, some piece of software I can't reset - not having the radar chart show up is a bad sign ...  and now that I think of it, I don't remember when the last time I saw the charts was.   I've got a P4P as well so I do see the OA charts there; easy enough to get the two birds mixed up in my mind ...
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 15:51

From the calibration_signal_log.txt file in the DJI Assistant directory.... the "open camera fail:211" error worries me.

2018-02-11 19:29:50 log:  pattern resolution: 1558x1028
2018-02-11 19:29:50 log:  current resolution: 1920x1080
2018-02-11 19:29:50 log:  guess screen diag inch: 27.005119
2018-02-11 19:29:50 log:  before_init -> initialization, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2018-02-11 19:29:51 log:  init failed, cam open retcode: 21
2018-02-11 19:29:51 err:  open camera fail:211
2018-02-11 19:29:51 log:  initialization -> before_init, cam: 0, m_cnt:0

2018-2-11
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
United States

When did this start happening? It seems like you have had the drone for awhile if dji care expired. It definitely sounds like the vision system is a hardware issue, but I’m not so sure about the quick shots not showing.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-2-11 17:27
When did this start happening? It seems like you have had the drone for awhile if dji care expired. It definitely sounds like the vision system is a hardware issue, but I’m not so sure about the quick shots not showing.

That’s a good question.  I’m not sure when the radar stopped appearing to be quite honest.   I have had it for a year now - so it’s not exactly a new bird, but a healthy one in pretty much every other way.

I think the quick shot mode not appearing is because of the vision system fault; same for the pano mode not appearing.   My guess is that it’s all related.  Just a guess though - I don’t know the innards of these birds well enough to say otherwise.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Dennis, you had tried to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app but it didn't help, right? Is there an Android device to try? Are there any screenshots for me to refer to? I mean the screenshot of the Intelligent Flight Modes, the Pano Mode, the OA system doesn't detect the obstacles. I would like to collect the info and forward again to our engineers. And for the support issue, I had replied your another post, please check. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

You know, for once  I wish DJI would leave well enough alone.  The  constant updates are getting a little out of hand.  Seems like every time I go to fly my mavic pro, it’s need to update this or that.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 18:35
Dennis, you had tried to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app but it didn't help, right? Is there an Android device to try? Are there any screenshots for me to refer to? I mean the screenshot of the Intelligent Flight Modes, the Pano Mode, the OA system doesn't detect the obstacles. I would like to collect the info and forward again to our engineers. And for the support issue, I had replied your another post, please check. Thank you.

Hi Thor!  Indeed - I have reinstalled GO 4 several times on both the iPhone and iPad.  Unfortunately I don't have any Android devices around to try with.  Attached are screenshots for you -- showing the missing Pano mode, the lack of OA/Radar lines on the main screen, the missing Quickshots from Intelligent Flight Mode screens, and the Visual Navigation screen with OA enabled.  Greatly appreciate any help you can offer!

No Pano Mode

No Pano Mode

No OA Radar lines

No OA Radar lines

OA Enabled

OA Enabled

No Quickshot mode

No Quickshot mode
2018-2-11
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

I believe I saw another thread on the Facebook group that someone lost features also after the update ,  specifically Tripod mode unless it had a gps lock, then you could select it.  I hope that it’s not a feature of the latest update, because  certain features that people would like to use indoors without  gps lock  , need to still be usable without gps.
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 19:03
Hi Thor!  Indeed - I have reinstalled GO 4 several times on both the iPhone and iPad.  Unfortunately I don't have any Android devices around to try with.  Attached are screenshots for you -- showing the missing Pano mode, the lack of OA/Radar lines on the main screen, the missing Quickshots from Intelligent Flight Mode screens, and the Visual Navigation screen with OA enabled.  Greatly appreciate any help you can offer!

[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Hi there, I would like to have our engineers to confirm this first and decide if it needs to send in. Could you please wait for a while and as soon as I hear anything from our engineers, I will reply you here? Thank you so much for your patience.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 19:53
Hi there, I would like to have our engineers to confirm this first and decide if it needs to send in. Could you please wait for a while and as soon as I hear anything from our engineers, I will reply you here? Thank you so much for your patience.

Of course!  That’d be fantastic.  Thanks so much Thor!!  Anything they need, I am 100% at your disposal. :-)
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 19:55
Of course!  That’d be fantastic.  Thanks so much Thor!!  Anything they need, I am 100% at your disposal. :-)

Hi there, I've got an update. Could you please provide me with the upgrade log from DJI Assistant 2? The route to the log:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Windows: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log
You can upload the log to Dropbox and paste the link here. And after that, please kindly send the drone in. And I had forwarded your case to the local team, they will help to decide if your situation can apply for the proposal you provided. Thank you.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-11 21:18
Hi there, I've got an update. Could you please provide me with the upgrade log from DJI Assistant 2? The route to the log:
Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Windows: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\DJI Assistant 2\upgrade_log

Hi Thor!  (Love the avatar, by the way ...)

Please find the logfile here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AufyOgcb1KkbkCLjnXc8Edy50iC2

I can also provide the logfile from the iMac if necessary; this one is from the last attempt on Windows.

I will also prepare to send the Mavic in tomorrow (today?) and will drop it off at UPS in the morning.

Thank you SO MUCH for your assistance - it's really, truly appreciated.  One of the many reasons I love my DJI drones!

(Thankfully, while the Mavic is in for service, I at least have a P4P to keep me airborne.)

Thanks again!

--Dennis
2018-2-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I only scanned the thread quickly, so I may have missed something obvious.  Having said that....

For your missing "radar", click the little target looking icon in the upper right corner of the map.  That should switch you back from the map view to the radar view.

For the missing quickshots, it looks like there are more than can fit on one screen.  Right below the list you show in your screenshots is 2 dots.  One is filled in and the other is not.  That indicates to me that you just need to swipe from right to left on that screen to get access to the other ones you aren't seeing.

However, that doesn't answer why no panoramas....
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-11 21:56
I only scanned the thread quickly, so I may have missed something obvious.  Having said that....

For your missing "radar", click the little target looking icon in the upper right corner of the map.  That should switch you back from the map view to the radar view.

Thanks for the reply, but:
A) I assure you, no radar is displayed, map or not map.  

Similarly,

B) no Quickshot mode, page 1 or 2.  Sadly.

Thanks,

— dennis
2018-2-11
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 22:08
Thanks for the reply, but:
A) I assure you, no radar is displayed, map or not map.  

Okay, well I guess it was worth a try.

Maybe you could do a screen recording and post the link here.  Sometimes being able to see the whole interface as it moves around and you talk through what you are doing can help someone to see something that wouldn't be seen otherwise.
2018-2-11
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2018-2-11 22:11
Okay, well I guess it was worth a try.

Maybe you could do a screen recording and post the link here.  Sometimes being able to see the whole interface as it moves around and you talk through what you are doing can help someone to see something that wouldn't be seen otherwise.

Absolutely, and thanks so much for your reply!

I can setup a screen capture in the morning; it’s after 1am here and so I’d prefer to wait for the the morning.  I’ll post something and we can walk thru it then.

Thanks!

— Dennis
2018-2-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-11 21:38
Hi Thor!  (Love the avatar, by the way ...)

Please find the logfile here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AufyOgcb1KkbkCLjnXc8Edy50iC2

Hey Dennis, thank you for your info, and you're welcome, I am glad and will absolutely do my best to help.  But I am sorry to say that I am not able to access the link you provided, is it possible that you upload again to Dropbox and provide me with the link? I appreciate your help.
2018-2-12
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-12 02:50
Hey Dennis, thank you for your info, and you're welcome, I am glad and will absolutely do my best to help.  But I am sorry to say that I am not able to access the link you provided, is it possible that you upload again to Dropbox and provide me with the link? I appreciate your help.

Thank you Thor!  My apologies for the link not working - I will resend it once I’m at my hotel (today has been a travel day.)

The Mavic itself is on its way to the repair depot ... fingers crossed it’s an easy fix for the engineers!
2018-2-12
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 165213 ft
Australia

Hi Dennis
I have identical problems to yourself after numerous attempts at upgrading to V01.04.0200. I don't know how to point you to my posts, as my problems mirror yours. Hope you have a speedy resolution. I returned mine after a crash resulting from the Obstacle Avoidance failing.
2018-2-12
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-2-12 19:35
Hi Dennis
I have identical problems to yourself after numerous attempts at upgrading to V01.04.0200. I don't know how to point you to my posts, as my problems mirror yours. Hope you have a speedy resolution. I returned mine after a crash resulting from the Obstacle Avoidance failing.

Thank you!  I haven't had any crashes with the Mavic so it's not related to a crash ... thankfully DJI has been doing a FANTASTIC job responding and tracking this for me.  Absolute kudos to DJI Thor and several others who've reached out both on the forum as well as off-forum.

Will update when I have an answer back from DJI... but for now, it's on its way to the repair depot.  (Which, by the way - now appears to be in Grapevine TX instead of California.)

I'm excited by that -- I do travel to the Grapevine/Southlake area every few weeks for work - so I'm glad to see a new depot open there!
2018-2-13
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-13 07:20
Thank you!  I haven't had any crashes with the Mavic so it's not related to a crash ... thankfully DJI has been doing a FANTASTIC job responding and tracking this for me.  Absolute kudos to DJI Thor and several others who've reached out both on the forum as well as off-forum.

Will update when I have an answer back from DJI... but for now, it's on its way to the repair depot.  (Which, by the way - now appears to be in Grapevine TX instead of California.)

Hope you have a speedy resolution.
2018-2-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-13 07:20
Thank you!  I haven't had any crashes with the Mavic so it's not related to a crash ... thankfully DJI has been doing a FANTASTIC job responding and tracking this for me.  Absolute kudos to DJI Thor and several others who've reached out both on the forum as well as off-forum.

Will update when I have an answer back from DJI... but for now, it's on its way to the repair depot.  (Which, by the way - now appears to be in Grapevine TX instead of California.)

someone mentioned Grapevine having a new repair depot.  I asked where in Grapevine and I never got an answer.  I don't need them, but I live about 3 miles south of there and I'm wondering where they are?  I don't need them but I like to keep my options close.  I've searched and never found anything on an official spot here.  
2018-2-13
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

I had the calibration problem as well. There seems to be multiple versions of DJI Assistant 2.  In the downloads for Mavic Pro you get v1.2.0.  In the Mavic Air downloads you get v1.2.2.  After I downloaded the v1.2.2 my calibration worked. Just a thought. Good luck
2018-2-13
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hopefully it gets resolved soon
2018-2-15
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dwainwayne28 Posted at 2018-2-15 19:14
Hopefully it gets resolved soon

Current update: I sent the Mavic in, and it was analyzed.  Right now I am waiting for @DJI Thor to assist with getting my DJI Care Refresh applied to the invoice.  Once that is done we should have a resolution.  Hopefully should be quick.
Thanks!
2018-2-23
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-2-23 09:46
Current update: I sent the Mavic in, and it was analyzed.  Right now I am waiting for @DJI Thor to assist with getting my DJI Care Refresh applied to the invoice.  Once that is done we should have a resolution.  Hopefully should be quick.
Thanks!

All is well that ends well!  The repaired Mavic Pro was delivered today, and I’m thrilled to say, it’s working perfectly now.  All of the issues - the missing radar/
Object avoidance bars ... the missing Pano mode ... the missing Quickshot mode ... all works perfectly.  

Great news indeed and I cannot thank the DJI staff enough for all of their assistance!!

Thanks again - just another reason I’d never consider anything but DJI.

(And YES ... this came from the repair depot in Grapevine TX.  Shipping label was from SMS InfoComm in Grapevine,
So I’m assuming DJI is working with them as a repair partner.  Great news - turnaround time was super fast and I couldn’t be happier.  Great job DJI!
2018-3-2
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-3-2 20:52
All is well that ends well!  The repaired Mavic Pro was delivered today, and I’m thrilled to say, it’s working perfectly now.  All of the issues - the missing radar/
Object avoidance bars ... the missing Pano mode ... the missing Quickshot mode ... all works perfectly.  

dmurphynj
Good for you getting a satisfactory resolution. As I said in an earlier post, Identical scenario to yourself, no pano modes, no quickshots that resulted in a crash as I didn't realise the forward & downward sensors were also inoperative. The DJI agent I purchased my Mavic from sent it to DJI Australia with my story of the upgrade to V01.4.0200 causing the problems and request for a warranty repair/replacement. This was denied as the Mavic was 7 months old (out of Warranty of 6 months). I had to use my Care Refresh and now over a month later hope to have my refurbed unit next week. I certainly am very unhappy as the entire problem is as a result of an "Upgrade" that obviously isn't.  Can you advise what Firmware your replacement came with?
2018-3-2
Use props
dmurphynj
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

AussieFlyer Posted at 2018-3-2 21:17
dmurphynj
Good for you getting a satisfactory resolution. As I said in an earlier post, Identical scenario to yourself that resulted in a crash as I didn't realise the forward & downward sensors were also inoperative. The DJI agent I purchased my Mavic from sent it to DJI Australia with my story of the upgrade to V01.4.0200 causing the problems and requested a warranty repair/replacement. This was denied as the Mavic was 7 months old (out of Warranty of 6 months). I had to use my Care Refresh and now over a month later hope to have my refurbed unit next week. I certainly am very unhappy as the entire problem is as a result of an "Upgrade" that obviously isn't.  Can you advise what Firmware your replacement came with?

The replacement has 1.04.0200 on it.  All seems to be working well. Sensors are active and detecting objects so I’ll take it.  

Haven’t gotten the bird in the air yet - it came today and we’re having a monster of a storm here in New Jersey USA Today - but all appears healthy.  I spun the motors up without props on and everything lit up great.

Sorry DJI Refresh is taking so long - mine was truly just a few days. Took longer to sort out an invoice issue than anything else!
2018-3-2
Use props
AussieFlyer
lvl.4
Australia

dmurphynj Posted at 2018-3-2 21:20
The replacement has 1.04.0200 on it.  All seems to be working well. Sensors are active and detecting objects so I’ll take it.  

Haven’t gotten the bird in the air yet - it came today and we’re having a monster of a storm here in New Jersey USA Today - but all appears healthy.  I spun the motors up without props on and everything lit up great.

dmurphynj

Great outcome for you then. I believe the latest Firmware is now V01.4.0300 but I certainly will not be changing to that unless it comes with that version loaded. How about an update when you have had a fly?
2018-3-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules