1134 8 2018-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Hi all,

Today was a few lessons learned. I never let the spark leave my sight however, at times it was a little black dot.
Mistake #1: I wanted to get a shot of the towns grain elevator (I live in Kansas by the way). After I took the shot I decided to call
the little bird home. However, I hit land, not return to home. I slowly saw it decinding ALMOST into the tree line. Fear gripped me!
but i was able to recover and bring it home. Mistake number 2: I wanted to take some 180 pano's of my VERY small town.
well the default on pano's is 360 not 180, so now i have 5 360 degree shots to stich, they wont be very interesting since i was taking sunset panos.
Now for the spark, I had 0 issues !! i held 18 sats no loss of gps or signal i was not using my OTG cable. I had a superb time and I had to stop not because
of no battery left on my spark ( I have 3 batteries) but my cellphone was dying. this is some of the most fun i have had in years.
I am very, very happy with my purchase, Now to go stich some panos.....
2018-2-11
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

Congratulations on your flight! It sounds like you had an exciting and fun experience.  Please do share any of your photos.  You may be delighted to see how well the 360 panos turn out.  I think you can crop them down to 180 depending on your stitching app.
2018-2-11
Use props
Grmachine
lvl.4
United States

Congrats, on a successful outing, the weather here is still garbage and I haven't had the nerve to test mine outside yet. But I am a great indoor pilot.
2018-2-11
Use props
MFPullen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6257444 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bet you learned a lot on that first flight, eh?  You’ll learn a little more each time and before long you’ll be an ace
2018-2-11
Use props
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

Congrats!

There is nothing quite like flying is there?  Glad you enjoyed it and learned some more.  Keep learning and keep yourself out of trouble and you'll have a ball with your Spark for some time to come.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2018-2-11
Use props
chorn1966
lvl.3
Flight distance : 520512 ft
United States

Thanks all!
2018-2-11
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

If I could bottle the feeling of my first Spark flight I'd be happy forever. My advice to you is to fly manually as much as possible, and don't rely on auto-land and such features. You'll be a better pilot in the long run and eventually you realize that you can fly it better than any automation can. But congrats on your first flight and can't wait to see pics and video.
2018-2-11
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Congratulations,, sounds like you had fun and a few nervy moments, however it’s a great fun learning curve.
2018-2-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good call there.
BTW, I think you can get the original pics from the SD card and stitch some of them to 180
2018-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules