Recording 4 GB slices of video.
455 3 2018-2-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UGcQ6iYbZsy5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11319 ft
United States

I am using a 64 GB SD card in the P4P+ drone and when I record video I get 4 GB pieces instead of continual movie data. I have tried messing with the settings of size, type, reformatting the SD card. Anything I can think of.  It’s currently set at 1080P and 60 fps. But I have tried the other sizes as well. I have tried using the MOV and MP3 formats. I tried setting “Cache Locally when recording” off and on. Not sure how to solve but I’m reasonably certain it’s just a setting.  
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You in advance for any suggestion.

2018-2-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It is perfectly normal for this to happen. All the DJI aircraft do this, and so do many other action cameras and full size cameras. You cannot circumvent it by formatting in EXFAT or such, you have to live with it. Since the P3 series, the newer aircraft split the clip into two files, but you can simply butt the two sections together seamlessly. The P3 aircraft lose a number of frames in the splitting process.
Originally the reason was that the FAT32 format system could not address files larger than 4GB, but the newer formats such as ExFAT can, however the only credible reason I have heard for continuing to do this is because of tax on sales of cameras. That is, a camera that does not record larger than 4GB files was able to be sold at a lower tax rate in some places, compared to one that could record for longer.
2018-2-12
Use props
Hogarth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 498865 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is down to the filesystem on the SD card being FAT32, which cannot support files > 4GB
2018-2-13
Use props
djiuser_UGcQ6iYbZsy5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11319 ft
United States

actually I checked the formatting / file system on the card in my computer and it is EXFAT. has no problem holding larger files on the card in the computer.
Thanks to both Captain, and lvl.2 for the response.
Also I thought... that in my flopping around trying to use the system that it had at one time been able to store much larger files on the drone.
2018-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules