Gimbal problem after new update!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TopflightSC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2260 ft
United States

I have the Phantom 4 Advance and when I received the update on 02/12/2018 everything seemed to go good and then I updated the firmware on the Phantom as well. Now the gimbal does it's startup sequence and then stops pointing up. If you push the controller button to make it go down, there is no response from the gimbal. I have tried to calibrate the gimbal and it acts like it is calibrating on the screen and will finally say calibration complete, but the gimbal never moves. The firmware version on the drone is attached in photo. I have also attached a photo of the gimbal position.

Firmware

Firmware

Gimbal position

Gimbal position
2018-2-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Did it start self-check when you turn on the drone? I would recommend you flash the firmware again. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2018-2-13
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

DJI,

With each new product you release, these firmware update problems continue to cause your customers problems.

Would it be possible for you to take more time to test your software to ensure it will perform correctly before you release it?

By continuing to ship deeply flawed product updates, you are training your customers to have no trust in you.

How about you pay us to use your products? Since many of us are unpaid product testers at this point.
2018-2-13
Use props
TopflightSC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-2-13 02:28
Hi, there. Did it start self-check when you turn on the drone? I would recommend you flash the firmware again. Please keep us updated, thanks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ

It does starts up and does the self-check and it finally blinks double green and pauses and blinks double green...repeats. I did the firmware update as instructed in the video with DJI assistant 2. I restarted the drone and it still have the same problem. I tried updating several times and still have the same problem.
2018-2-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

TopflightSC Posted at 2018-2-13 19:46
It does starts up and does the self-check and it finally blinks double green and pauses and blinks double green...repeats. I did the firmware update as instructed in the video with DJI assistant 2. I restarted the drone and it still have the same problem. I tried updating several times and still have the same problem.

If the gimbal still act abnormally, please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support Thanks for your support.  
2018-2-28
Use props
rider7874
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

brother firstly remove your gimble lock beside ur gimnbles yaw arm..... and then try it once again it will surely work for u..
2018-2-28
Use props
TopflightSC
lvl.1
United States

rider7874 Posted at 2018-2-28 06:50
brother firstly remove your gimble lock beside ur gimnbles yaw arm..... and then try it once again it will surely work for u..

I did not know there was another lock on the gimbal. I took it off but it still does the same thing.  Is there any way to go back to the previous firmware on the drone? If so where can it be downloaded?
2018-2-28
Use props
rider7874
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

yes u can downgrade it via dji assitant app for windows download the old firmware and connnect ur drone to ur pc and lunch that app and just simply downgrade it.........
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules