P2 Drops mid Air after Losing Control
1683 11 2015-4-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bimbo
New

Philippines

I just bought my P2 Vision + like 2weeks back and been enjoying flying for the past few weeks... After upgrading the latest firmware, and put it on a test flight last night, i flew for like 8minutes and while going around, my P2 Vision + just stalled and came right down in a tree and feel on the ground..Battery was full, everything seems ok.. I just don't know what caused it..
* Good thing the motors are working
* Camera is not working again, I cannot see any video again and wifi keeps connecting and disconnecting when i try record
* i cannot even view the recorded videos
* It also displays on my Phone, Gimbal Error, Please check for obstruction

Any one can help..All this makes me sad..

https://youtu.be/DPTG8ZWAhXk

See attached video link

2015-4-30
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

What do you mean by it just stalled? Did the lights go out when it happened or did the props just stop? At any rate, check the cables connecting the gimbal to the Phantom as well as the notorious ribbon cable on the camera. You might also want to check the cables on the inside of the phantom, but only if you don't plan on sending it back to DJI on warranty.
2015-5-1
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

If you have had a previous crash the wires to the motors break easily.  I just had the same thing happen and had to solder the black wire back in place.
20150501_202947.png
2015-5-1
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

it's dji faulty soldering issue and they not compensate the warranty you must pay for the repair LMAO here my phantom same as yours that's why i sell my phantom and move to 3dr http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9560
2015-5-1
Use props
busclas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-5-2 10:09
it's dji faulty soldering issue and they not compensate the warranty you must pay for the repair LMA ...

yes myron, but mine was not faulty due to dji, mine fell out of the sky due to pilot error and only pilot error.  Could they have used a little better wiring?  Maybe, but anything that falls 30 feet out of the sky with electronics covered in plastic will have these issues.  I knew it going in before I bought it, and would still buy another.
2015-5-2
Use props
myron
lvl.4

Philippines

busclas Posted at 2015-5-2 18:33
yes myron, but mine was not faulty due to dji, mine fell out of the sky due to pilot error and only ...

during the phantom inflight as far as i remember the drone not really high and suddenly fell out so i decided to open the top cover the i spoted the solder contact point break due of vibration. so one guy here in forums after he saw my post he decided to cut the motor wiring and extend to multi strand wire with putting silicone adhesive. if you can read my thread the link i posted and in the last page dji return my phantom with adhesive paste in the ESC contact point
2015-5-2
Use props
bimbo
New

Philippines

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-5-2 06:47
What do you mean by it just stalled? Did the lights go out when it happened or did the props just st ...

Lights didn't go off.. It just fell from the sky.. and i couldn't control it again.. I just don't know why..

Right now, the P2 flies well, My camera has no visual, but connections on my android shows gps, battery, sd card, just that no visual and when i press the snapshot for picture it says network timed out and when  i try recording a video, it will say wifi disconnected...

I just don't understand what happened?

Thanks
2015-5-2
Use props
bimbo
New

Philippines

myron@iwantlemo Posted at 2015-5-2 18:39
during the phantom inflight as far as i remember the drone not really high and suddenly fell out so ...

Hi Myron, Thanks for the info.. I think i will fly to Shenzhen mid May, i will just bring along my P2 Vision +.. And i plan to buy the P3.

2015-5-2
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

bimbo@dsnetwork Posted at 2015-5-2 21:47
Lights didn't go off.. It just fell from the sky.. and i couldn't control it again.. I just don't  ...

Is it possible you inadvertently did a CSC while flying? It really sounds like you damaged the gimbal.
2015-5-2
Use props
bimbo
New

Philippines

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-5-3 07:43
Is it possible you inadvertently did a CSC while flying? It really sounds like you damaged the gim ...

No i didn't do that.. I was hovering to the right when it dropped.. I think the gimbal has the most hit..I will send it back to DJI.. I think i would need pay for the damage..
2015-5-3
Use props
kb4vwa
lvl.1

United States

bimbo@dsnetwork Posted at 2015-5-2 22:12
Hi Myron, Thanks for the info.. I think i will fly to Shenzhen mid May, i will just bring along my ...

This issue was resolved.
2015-6-17
Use props
Faken
lvl.2

Canada

kb4vwa@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-17 22:09
Anyone have any luck with DJI honoring warranty issues for this sudden power failure and dropping  ...

If your camera cables are disconnected, the app will bring up no telemetry at all, you just get an error message.  I damaged my gimbal in a small crash so I removed the gimbal and could still fly the drone no problem via eye of sight and using the LED indicators on the bird, but the app was useless at that point.  Once I reconnected a new gimbal and camera, everything was back to normal.

Dan
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules